Opened a New NRI account with ICICI Bank - Internet Banking FAQs
What do you need to start using Internet Banking?
You will need the following to start using Internet Banking:
Internet Banking ID
- The Customer ID printed on the first page of your cheque book is your Internet Banking ID.
- If you have forgotten your ID , the same can be generated by Clicking 'Get User ID' under ' Login' on our website www.icicibank.com/nri.
Internet Banking Password
- The Internet Banking Password is in the PIN mailer which is a part of the Welcome kit given to you after account opening.
- In case you have lost or forgotten your password , the same can be generated by Clicking 'Forgot Password' under ' Login' on our website www.icicibank.com/nri.
Debit Card :
You will need your Debit Card for authenticating certain transactions over Internet Banking.
Click Here to login now.
What all can you do on Internet Banking?
Internet Banking provides you the convenience of operating your account 24 X 7 from the convenience of your home or office. Using this, you can:
- View balances in your accounts
- Download e-statements of your accounts
- Open Fixed Deposits/ Recurring Deposits
- Update your PAN number
- Generate ATM/ Debit Card PIN
- Activate your Inactive/Dormant accounts
- Update your Contact number / Email ID
- Transfer funds
- Request for Cheque Book/ATM /Debit Card
- Register for e-statement facility and much more.
What is One Time Password (OTP)?
One Time Password (OTP) has been introduced as an additional security feature to protect your account from online frauds. OTP is a numeric six digit numeric code sent to the mobile number registered with ICICI Bank. OTP is confidential and should not be shared with anyone, even if the person claims to be an ICICI Bank official.
When will I be asked to enter OTP?
OTP is an additional security measure adopted by ICICI Bank to protect your account from online Frauds. You are required to authentic your transactions by entering OTP. OTP is confidential and should not be shared with anyone, even if the person claims to be an ICICI Bank official.
How do I know which OTP should be entered if I receive multiple OTPs?
If we observe a change in your Internet Banking access parameters, you will be asked to enter OTP to transact on your Internet Banking account. Every such login will generate a new OTP. You will have to enter this new OTP to transact to your internet banking account.
How do I transact or place request online if I do not receive OTP?
OTP is an additional security measure adopted by ICICI Bank to protect your account from online frauds. You are required to authenticate your transaction by entering OTP. You may call phone banking by entering your 16 digit ATM/Debit card and 4 digit ATM PIN to know your OTP.