1. Signatures of all the account holders are mandatory for mandate addition.
2. Signature of account holders on mandate addition form must match the signature as per bank records. In case of mismatch in Signature, fill the Signature Change related details
3. Mandate Addition request can be submitted only at an ICICI Bank Branch.After filling in the mandate form, send it to the person you wish to appoint as mandate holder who needs to visit the branch to submit the relevant documents and mandate form. To refer to the updated list of our branches please, Click here.
4. None of the applicants can be the mandate holder. Only a resident individual can be a mandate holder. The Mandate holder option is extended to NRE savings & NRO savings accounts.
5. Mandate holder need to submit a recent photograph and a copies of relevant Identity and Address proof along with the form.The photocopies of the documents should be self-attested and signed by the customers also. Mandate holder should also carry original documents for verification.
6. Once the mandate is registered, a cheque book and an ATM card will be sent to the mandate holder at his / her communication address.
7. Corporates cannot be registered as Mandate Holder for the NRI.
8. Mandate facility is not permitted for minor accounts
9. Mandate addition is done on account level. Only one mandate holder is permitted per account.
Refer Table Below for Acceptable Identity and Address Proofs
Proofs to be submitted in the name of Mandate holder. Please submit any one of the Identity proof and any one of the Address proof from the list below.Please submit any one if your selected proof is applcable as an identity as well as address proof.
|List of Valid Proofs||Criteria of Validity||Applicable as Identity Proof||Applicable as Address Proof|
|1) Passport copy||yes||yes|
|2) Bank Passbook with photograph issued by SBI and its subsidiaries or nationalized banks||yes||yes|
|3) Arms License issued by State/Central Governments||yes||yes|
|4) Freedom fighter’s pass issued by Ministry of Home affairs, Government of India with photograph of applicant||yes||yes|
|5) Pension payment order/book/Card issued by State/Central Government of India of any dept of State/Central Government||yes||yes|
|6) Printed Ration Card with Photograph of applicant||yes||yes|
|7) Household Card with photograph issued by Government of Andhra Pradesh||yes||yes|
|8) ID card with photograph issued by Government of Jammu and Kashmir||yes||NA|
|9) Photo Social Security Card (Smart Card) issued by Central/State Governments or Union territories||yes||NA|
|10) Driving Licence||Book type or laminated & embossed (With or without the signature of the applicant )||NA||yes|
|11) Voter Identity Card||NA||yes|
|12) Employee Identity Card||ID cards of Public Ltd Co or Private ltd Co or Central / State government departments / bodies/ defence / Public Sector Units / Banks.||NA||yes|
|13) PAN Card||Issued by Income Tax authorities||NA||yes|
|14) Defence Dependent’s card||Issued by Commanding Officer of Station Head Quarters||NA||yes|
|15) Ex-Service Man Card||Issued by Zilla Sainik Boards||NA||yes|
|16) Bar Council/ Indian Medical Association Card/ Senior Citizen Card||Issued by respective Councils / Associations||yes||NA|
|17) MAPIN card||Issued by authorized agents of SEB||yes||NA|
|18) PIO Booklet for returning NRIs verified pages with details of customer, photograph & validity to be taken.||yes||NA|
|19) Latest electricity bill||Bill not older than 3 months.||NA||yes|
|20) Certificate from the post office confirming address of the applicant||Either on letterhead or under office seal and signed by Post Master/Assistant Post Master||NA||yes|
|21) Original letter from the employer certifying the residential address of applicant.||Signature of the employee has to be attested on the letter. Letters from Public Ltd Co or Private ltd Co or Central / State government / departments / bodies / Defence Department or Public Sector Units / Banks. The letter should be either on letterhead or issued under office seal/stamp and signed by the head / officer-in-charge.||NA||yes|
|22) Telephone bills from any telephone service provider||Bills not older than 3 months||NA||yes|
|23) Consumer gas connection card / book / pipe gas bill||Receipt for gas supply not older than 3 months or with due entry for gas supply||NA||yes|
|24) Certificate from the ward / equivalent rank officer, maintaining election roll, certifying the address of the applicant||Either on letterhead or under office stamp/seal and signed by the officer||NA||yes|
|25) Lease / Leave and Licence Agreement only registered and valid lease or leave and licence agreement along with a utility bill not older than 3 months in the name of the landlord.||NA||yes|
|26) Certificate by Village Extension Officer (VEO) / Village Head or equal rank officers issued either on letterhead or under office seal||NA||yes|
|27) Statement of account with address or passbook of a scheduled commercial bank with entries in at least last 3 months||NA||yes|
|28) Domicile certificate with communication address and photograph||NA||yes|
|In case Address Proofs not available in the name of Mandate Holder, Address Proofs of Blood Relative can be accepted as follows|
|Valid Proof||Criteria of Validity||Declaration|
|A) Annexure / Format of declaration for blood relative to be filled by Mandate Holder||Blood Relatives includes spouse, father, mother, sister, brother and child||Print Blood Relative
|B) Proof of relationship of that person with Mandate Holder||Any One of the following
b) Birth Certificate
c) Marriage Certificate
d) Ration Card
e) Matriculation Certificate
f) School Leaving Certificate
g) Court Affidavit
h) Driving License
i) Life Insurance Policy
j) PAN Card
|C) Any one of the above address proofs in the name of the Blood Relative||Refer Above|
Apply NRI Account
Open an NRI Account online today. Provide your contact details and get a call back at time convenient to you.
Simply Give Missed Call on +91 7666660000
Click here to get a call back in 15 mins
Disclaimer: Please enter only valid Mobile / Land line number. Do not enter Skype / Internet numbers.
Rates & Charges
|NRE Savings*||4.00%||Apply Now|
Fixed Deposit & RD
Know more about interest rates
(18 months upto 3 years)
Add a mandate in my Account
Important Things to know
Track Service Request/Transaction
Permissible Operations by the Mandate Holder
Permissible Operations by the Mandate Holder
- To draw cheques on the Account for local payments
- RTGS request in NRI account.
- ECS instructions incase of investment is being made in the name of the account holder.
- To deposit the cheques eligible to be deposited in the NRE account as permitted by RBI regulations on behalf of the account holder.
- To make NRE fixed deposits from balances available in the Account in Account Holder(s) names under the same Customer ID and renew such deposits for such periods as may be given in writing by the Mandate Holder.
- To operate the account to facilitate making investments in India, applicable wherein the account holder or a bank designated by the account holder or a bank designated by the account holder, is eligible to make investments in India.
- To use the ATM Card issued in respect of the mentioned Account
- To request for chequebook for self
- To change address for self
- Mandate Holder can request for re-issue of Mandate holder card and Mandate holders pin
- Remittance only to the account of the Account holder held outside India through normal banking channels
Note: Only current income can be remitted outside India to the account holders account or transferred from NRO to NRE account of the account holder by the Mandate Holder
Restrictions on Mandate holders :
- Mandate Holder cannot open new savings accounts, which has to be done by the Non-Resident Account Holder himself, except for transferring funds to a Fixed Deposit / Recurring Deposit.
- Mandate Holder cannot make payment by way of gift to a resident on behalf of the Account Holder.
- Mandate holder cannot close the Account or do a premature liquidation or on maturity of a Fixed Deposit / Recurring Deposit.
- Mandate holder cannot change his / her own signature in system without the signature being attested and verified by the Account Holder
- Mandate holder cannot change/modify demographic details for in account holders cust id like Address change, email ID/mobile no/contact no.
- Mandate Holder cannot request for re-issue of Account holder debit card, Account holder pin, Account holder change of address etc.
- Mandate Holder cannot deposit foreign currency cash into NRE / NRO account.
- Mandate holder does not have access to Internet Banking
- The signature updation of a mandate holder can be made basis a request from the mandate holder and a government issued ID document of the mandate holder. This document will not require the account holder signature.