Documents Required for Opening Saving Account
Identity and Address Proof
- Driving License
- Voter ID
- NREGA Job Card
- Letter from the National Population Register
PAN Card issued in India is no longer considered as a valid identity proof
Communication Address Proof
If the above address proof does not contain a communication address, then the following documents can be considered as a proof of address. In such cases, the customer will have to update the Officially Valid Documents (OVD) with a communication address and submit it to the Bank within 3 months of opening the account.
- Utility Bill, which is not older than 2 months (electricity, telephone, post-paid mobile phone, piped gas, water bill).
- Property Tax Bill or Municipal Tax receipt, which is not older than one year.
- Letter of Allotment for accommodation from an employer, issued by the State Government or Central Government Departments, statutory or regulatory bodies, Public Sector undertakings, Scheduled Commercial Banks, financial institutions and listed companies.
- Leave and Licence Agreement with any of the above employers. The agreement must contain the customer’s name as the employee.
- Pension or family pension payment orders issued to retired employees by Government departments or Public Sector undertakings, if they contain the address.
Terms and Conditions apply.