You can make your ATM (Automated Teller Machine) operations safe, by observing some simple precautions:
- Memorise your PIN. Do not keep your card and PIN together.
- Do not share your PIN or card with anyone.
- Stand close to the ATM while entering your PIN.
- Do not take the help of strangers for using the card or handling cash.
- Always press the 'Cancel' key before moving away from the ATM.
If your card gets stuck in the ATM, or if cash is not dispensed after you have keyed in a transaction, press the ‘Cancel’ key and call your bank immediately.