DIGITAL RUPEE IS HERE
Discover a secure and fast way to send and receive money through the Digital Rupee Wallet. Digital Rupee is a digital form of the fiat currency i.e. the Indian Rupee. Digital Rupee is issued and regulated by the Reserve Bank of India. *App will work only on Android devices
How does one register on the Digital Rupee app? Registration Journey.
Step 1: Select the SIM to be used for registration (Select the SIM with the Mobile No. linked to your Bank Accounts, in case you wish to link a Bank Account for deposit and withdrawal of Digital Rupee)
Step 2: Set the app login method from among “PIN, Pattern or Biometric” methods
Step 3: Set the 6-digit wallet PIN
Step 4: List of all ICICI Bank Accounts linked with the user’s mobile number appears. User selects a Bank Account to link
Step 5: User is asked to enter the “Last 6 digits of Debit Card” & “Expiry Date” of Debit Card associated with the selected Bank Account
Step 6: After successful authentication, selected Bank Account get linked to the Wallet Account & the registration is complete.
- Select the total token amount or select the different denominations of Digital Rupee, and click on load.
- Select the loading method from the following options:
- If you have selected the Linked Banked Account, enter the 6-digit Wallet PIN to authenticate the transaction
- If you have selected “Other UPI Account”, a list of all UPI apps available on your phone, appears. Select your preferred UPI app and enter your UPI PIN, to complete the transaction
- The amount is debited from the Bank Account and Digital Rupee Tokens are loaded in the wallet successfully.
- Select the total token amount
- Click on unload
- Select the Linked Bank Account that needs to be credited
- Digital Rupee Tokens are unloaded from the user’s wallet and the Bank Account is credited.
- Log in to the wallet app and click on ‘Send’
- Select the payment method (Phone Number and QR Code)
- Enter the amount or select the number of different denominations of token, available in the wallet and click on ‘Send’
- Transfer confirmation to the user with the transaction ID.
Begin your e₹ journey with listed merchants
- Merchants need to be enabled on CBDC and have a Digital Rupee wallet to accept transactions in Digital Rupee. These provisions are being made in stages.
- Here’s a list to help you locate merchants in the vicinities of Bangalore, Bhubaneshwar and Mumbai. This list will be updated, as we enable merchants in your areas.
- Discover a secure and fast way to send and receive money through the Digital Rupee Wallet. Be one of the first Indians to use the Digital Rupee.
Customers can transfer the tokens to each other through Mobile No. and QR Code. Customers can pay merchants through the Digital Rupee QR Code.
To initiate transactions, download the Digital Rupee app and register for the Digital Rupee wallet.
No. ICICI Bank Savings Account is mandatory to use the Digital Rupee app for transactions.
Yes. You need to link ICICI Bank Savings Account and authenticate using your Debit Card details to register for the Digital Rupee app.
Load - You will be able to purchase tokens by debiting your Bank Accounts (Both ICICI Bank as well as non-ICICI Bank Accounts can be used)
Unload - You will be able to redeem tokens by crediting your Bank Accounts (Only ICICI Bank Account).
The app will work only on Android devices.
For any queries/information, call on 1800 1080.
Disclaimer: Only those who are invited will be able to use the Digital Rupee app.
Disclaimer: Images displayed, are only for representation purposes.