Life Insurance FAQs
Will I get any returns at the end of the policy?
No, there are no maturity benefits under this policy since the key objective of this product is to secure your family in your absence. A term life insurance gives you peace of mind as you secure the financial future of your family in advance.
How do I link my Life Insurance Policy ?
To link your life insurance policy, Please click here.
How much does a ICICI Pru Heart/Cancer protect policy cost ?
To check your quote, please click here.
How much does a life insurance policy cost ?
The premium of a Life insurance policy depends on certain factors of the policy holder like age, gender, amount of life insurance cover, policy term, premium payment term etc. To check your life insurance quote, please click here.
How long does life insurance last ?
Life insurance policies last till the end of the policy term chosen by you at the time of purchase or till a claim is paid as per the terms and conditions of the policy. To know more about the plan, please click here.
How to download insurance copy using policy number?
1. You can click on Track Application and enter your policy number to download policy related documents. OR,
2. Send WhatsApp text on 99206 67766 of below listed keywords
- T for Premium Payment Certificate
- W for Welcome Kit
- D for Policy Document
- R for Renewal Receipt. OR,
3. You may contact ICICI Prulife on 18602667766 (toll-free) or write on firstname.lastname@example.org. For more details you may visit www.iciciprulife.com
How do I change the communication/registered address in my life insurance policy?
You need to submit the relevant documents to change your address. The Documents needed for change of address are:
i. Written request for change in address
ii. Signed copy of Address proof (i.e. Passport, Voter ID, Driving License or Masked Aadhaar Card etc.) Documents to be sent to:
ICICI Prudential Life Insurance Company Limited
Unit no.1A & 2A, Raheja Tipco Plaza,
Rani Sati Marg,
Mumbai – 400097
Alternatively you can e-mail the scanned copy of the above mentioned documents to email@example.com from your registered e-mail ID.
Do mention your policy number in the e-mail.
How do I buy Life Insurance?
When will my nominee receive the amount in case of an unfortunate eventuality?
Once the death claim documents are submitted; we try to ensure that the claims are settled on time.
ICICI Prudential Life has one of the highest claim settlement percentage in the 7 days period.
For customer it is important that in his/her absence the death benefits are paid to the nominee without any hassles as delay in claim settlement will add pain to their stress during the time of need.
To know more about our claim process, please click here
How do I claim my life insurance policy ?
• Visit the claims section of ICICI Prudential Life website for online claim intimation
• Call ICICI Prudential Life’s 24 hour Claim Care number 1860 266 7766 (For calls within India). Overseas customers can call on +91 22 6193 0777
• You can also register a health or death claim by sending an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
• To report your claim over SMS, send a message in the below mentioned format: SMS ICLAIMPolicy Number to 56767 from your registered mobile number.
• Please note that your Claim will be formally registered only when you submit a written request to any of ICICI Prudential Life Insruance branches or directly to Central Claims team.
Who can buy ICICI Pru iProtect Smart term life insurance plan?
An Indian citizen falling into age group of 18-60 years can buy ICICI Pru iProtect Smart term life insurance plan.
Click here to navigate.
What are the features of ICICI Pru Heart/Cancer Protect policy ?
ICICI Pru Heart/Cancer Protect plan offers immediate coverage, tax benefits, income benefit, payout benefits, etc. To know more about the plan, please click here.
What is Heart/Cancer protect policy?
ICICI Pru Heart/ Cancer Protect is a health insurance plan that helps you manage your healthcare expenses when you are diagnosed with listed cancer and heart ailments. The plan offers, upfront pay-out of the cover amount; while the product offers high cover at very affordable premiums. To know more about the plan, please click here.
What are the types of Life Insurance plans ?
To know about the different life insurance plans available, please click here.
Why should I should choose ICICI Pru iProtect Smart?
Longer Life cover: You can get a longer life cover till the age of 85 years at very affordable rates.
- Add-on benefits: You get an option to get covered against 34 critical illnesses and accidental death.
- Payout: Your nominee will get a lumpsum payout in case of an unfortunate event
- Entire cover amount will be paid out to you on diagnosis of terminal illness (including AIDS).
- In case of a permanent disability premiums will be waived off and your life cover will remain intact
- Voted Product of the year by Consumer Survey of Product Innovation details*
What is the right time to buy term life insurance?
The earlier you get insured, the better it is! The premium amount will be cheaper if you buy it now. The premium amount will keep on increasing with time as risk on your life will increase due to age and lifestyle changes.
|Age of buyer||25||30||35||40||45|
|Tenure of cover||35||30||25||20||15|
|Annual Payment (₹)||7,085||8,279||10,131||12,963||16,762|
Why should I buy term life insurance online from ICICI Bank?
• Trusted Advisor: ICICI Bank can be your partner while choosing the best term life insurance plan for you.
• One Stop Shop: We are fulfilling all your financial needs at one place. You can buy and track your policy through ICICI internet banking and iMobile app. One common platform for making all your payments including your insurance premiums.
• Hassel free process: As ICICI Bank customer, you don`t need to submit KYC documents again and you may not have to go through medical tests. (T&C*)
• Specialized on call assistance – In case you have any queries related to product, purchase or after purchase you will get assistance from our certified customer service executive
• Customization: You can choose cover amount, policy term, add-on benefits and payment options suiting your needs.
How to choose a right term plan?
• A Brand you can trust: You should choose a brand which is likely to make a payment in case a claim is made. It can be decided by knowing the Claim settlement ratio, Assets under management, year of establishment and solvency ratio of a brand.
• Claim settlement ratio: Claim settlement ratio is calculated on the basis of individual claims settled over total individual claims for the financial year. Thus, if an insurer has claim settlement ratio of 98 percent it means, 98 out of 100 were identified as valid claims by the company and were paid out
• Product: The term life insurance plan should suit your needs. It should give a longer cover, multiple add-on benefits to choose from and a limited pay option to pay off your premiums in a short time and enjoy the benefits of a longer cover.
• Added Benefits: One must also look at added benefits that come with a term plan for e.g.: terminal illness cover, critical illness cover, accidental death benefit or waiver of premium due to disability
• Customer Service: Look for an insurer which makes you term life insurance purchase simple and hassle free and ensures that your loved ones can file a claim easily and receive the amount in the case of an unfortunate event.
• Affordability: The term life insurance plan should fit in your budget. It should give you options of monthly, quarterly or yearly payments.
Why do I need term life insurance?
Protection against loss of income: In case of an unfortunate event your family may lose source of income, the term insurance money can be used to take care of your family`s financial needs in your absence. Provision for future goals: Term life plan ensures your family`s future goals like child`s education and owning a house care taken care No burden of loans on your family: You may take loans for assets like a house or a car. However, if something happens to you, your loved ones might be burdened with loan repayments. In such a situation, the term insurance payout can be utilized by your family to pay off outstanding loans. Peace of mind: When you have safeguarded future of your dependents, you can rest assured Tax Saving: The premiums paid are tax free under section 80C & 80D and the claim amount received is tax free under Section 10(10D).
What is term life insurance?
Term life insurance plan is a financial safety net for your loved ones in your absence. If you are the person insured, you pay a specific premium amount at fixed intervals for a policy term of your choice. In the event of your unfortunate demise during this term, your cover amount is paid to your selected nominee(s) like your spouse, children or parents. It is the simplest and most affordable form of life insurance. Please click here to navigate.
What is Accidental Death benefit?
In addition to the benefits under the ICICI Pru iProtect Smart - Life option, you are also covered for Accidental Death (AD) benefit under Life Plus and All in one option. In case of death due to an accident, your nominee/ legal heir will be paid AD benefit as per the payout option chosen by you and at any time, your beneficiary will have the option to convert all or some of his monthly income into a lump sum. This benefit ensures that you enhance your coverage significantly at very affordable rates. The policy will terminate on payment of these benefits.
To get your quote for Accidental Death Benefit, please click here
What is Critical Illness benefit?
In addition to the benefits under the Life option, you are also covered for the Critical Illness (CI) benefit under Life and Health and All in One option. The CI benefit offers you coverage against 34 critical illnesses.
- When a major illness strikes, it can place a huge burden on your family, not only because of the cost of medical care but also because you may not be able to work. To protect you against this, we will pay you the CI benefit, as a lump sum to meet your financial needs.
- The benefit is payable irrespective of the actual expenses incurred by the policyholder. This benefit is payable on first occurrence of any of the covered 34 illnesses.
- The CI benefit, is accelerated and not an additional benefit which means, the policy will continue with the Death benefit reduced by the extent of the CI benefit paid.
- Premium payment on account of CI benefit will cease after payout of CI benefit and the future premiums payable under the policy for death benefit will reduce proportionately.
- If CI benefit paid is equal to the Death benefit, the policy will terminate on payment of the CI benefit.
- In case of incidences covered under accidental Permanent Disability as well as Cl, benefits shall be paid out under both the options
To get your quote for Critical Illness Benefit, please click here
Will my premium keep increasing with my age?
If you buy iProtect Smart today at say a monthly premium of Rs. 1000, and choose a term of 30 years; this premium would remain steady throughout the entire policy term.
How do I get to know my premium for iProtect Smart?
Basis your age, gender and tobacco usage, your premium for the sum assured chosen by you can be calculated.
To get your quote, please click here
What is Accidental Death benefit offered under ICICI Pru iProtect Smart?
In addition to the benefits under the ICICI Pru iProtect Smart - Life option, you are also covered for Accidental Death (AD) benefit under Life Plus and All in one option. In case of death due to an accident, your nominee/legal heir will be paid AD benefit as per the payout option chosen by you and at any time, your beneficiary will have the option to convert all or some of his monthly income into a lump sum. This benefit ensures that you enhance your coverage significantly at very affordable rates. The policy will terminate on payment of these benefits.
Why should you appoint a nominee and whom can I appoint as a nominee?
When you appoint a person as your nominee, the nomination enables your nominee to receive the policy proceeds in the event of your untimely death without necessity of producing any legal evidence of title to your estate. You may nominate any person as your nominee.
What is Critical Illness benefit offered under ICICI Pru iProtect Smart?
i) In addition to the benefits under the Life option, you are also covered for the Critical Illness (CI) benefit under Life and Health and All in One option. The CI benefit offers you coverage against 34 critical illnesses.
ii) When a major illness strikes, it can place a huge burden on your family, not only because of the cost of medical care but also because you may not be able to work. To protect you against this, we will pay you the CI benefit, as a lump sum to meet your financial needs.
iii) The benefit is payable irrespective of the actual expenses incurred by the policyholder. This benefit is payable, on first occurrence of any of the covered 34 illnesses.
iv) The CI benefit, is accelerated and not an additional benefit which means, the policy will continue with the Death benefit reduced by the extent of the CI benefit paid.
v) Premium payment on account of CI benefit will cease after payout of CI benefit and the future premiums payable under the policy for death benefit will reduce proportionately.
vi) If CI benefit paid is equal to the Death benefit, the policy will terminate on payment of the CI benefit.
vii) In case of incidences covered under accidental Permanent Disability as well as Cl, benefits shall be paid out under both the options
Can a minor be appointed as Nominee in life insurance?
Yes. But when you are appointing a minor as your nominee, you will also have to appoint an appointee. The appointee should be a major person.
How can a life insurance claim be reported?
To report your claim you can:
- Visit the claims section of ICICI Prudential Life website – www.iciciprulife.com for online claim intimation
- Call ICICI Prudential Life’s 24X7 Claim Care number - 1860 266 7766
- Visit your nearest ICICI Prudential Life Insurance branch
- E-mail at email@example.com
- SMS ICLAIMPolicy Number to 56767 from your registered mobile number. Your claim will be formally registered only after receiving a written claim intimation at our branch/Claims Cell. For calls within India. Overseas customers can call on +91 22 6193 0777
Contact ICICI Pru Life Insurance
For queries or complaints related to ICICI Prulife, you need to contact the ICICI Prulife team on 18602667766 (Toll-Free) or write to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more details, you may visit the ICICI Prulife website www.iciciprulife.com .
How much time does it take to settle a life insurance claim?
TAT as mandated by IRDAI to settle life insurance claim:
- Raising claim requirements: Within 15 days of receipt of claim for death claims/health claims.
- Settlement/Rejection/Repudiation of claims where investigation is not required: Within 30 days from the day of receipt of last necessary document for death claims/health claims.
- Settlement/Rejection/Repudiation of claims where investigation is required: Investigation should be completed within 90 days for death claims and within 45 days for health claims. Thereafter, claim shall be settled within 30 days for death claims and within 45 days for health claims.
What is the life insurance claim process?
ICICI Prudential Life Insurance Co. Ltd has a 3-step claim process:
Step 1: Claim Reporting
You can report your claims online, at ICICI Prudential Life branches, central office, via SMS, e-mail or through their call centre as per your convenience. However, claims reported online, through SMS or e-mail will not be considered as intimation. Physical documents will be required to start the process.
Step 2: Claim Processing
ICICI Prudential Life’s special Claim Care team will assess your claim and inform you in case any further documents need to be submitted. Post receiving all the necessary documents, your claim request will be processes within 12 calendar days.
Step 3: Claim Settlement
Once your claim request is approved and all the relevant documents are received, ICICI Prudential Life will settle your claim
Who is an appointee in life insurance?
An appointee may be appointed to receive the policy proceeds in case of death of the life assured during the period that the nominee is a minor. The appointee should be a major person.
Can nomination be made when life assured and proposer are different individuals?
Nomination is allowed only for self-proposed policies where the proposer and life assured are the same person.
How do I update my PAN details in my life insurance policy?
You can update your PAN details through any of the below mentioned modes:
- Website: Visit www.iciciprulife.com, go to Contact Information and click on ‘Update your PAN’ icon
- SMS: Type PANC and send to 56767 from your registered mobile number
- E-mail: E-mail your PAN details and your policy number to email@example.com from your registered e-mail ID
How can I pay my life insurance premium?
You may pay your premium through Internet Banking/ Credit Card/ Debit Card. If you choose to set a Standing Instruction (SI) with your policy, the premium amount would be automatically debited from your account at the time of renewal.
To pay your renewal premium, please click here.
Alternatively, you can also pay premium at your nearest ICICI Bank's branch.
What all should I look for in a company before buying a life insurance plan?
You can look for these 5 factors in a company before buying a life insurance plan
- Company’s claim settlement ratio
- Asset Under Management (AUM) which is an indicator of company’s financial health & consumer trust
- Brand value of the company/reputation of the company
- Company’s presence (geographical & digital)
- Ease and convenience provided to the customer
To know more, please click here
How much life cover do I need?
You should take a life cover of at least 15 times your annual income. You can get a life insurance cover basis your annual income at nominal premium rates. For self-employed individual income surrogates will be ITR of 3 years, for agriculturists Mandi receipt will act as income surrogates.
To calculate your ideal life cover, please click here
How do I communicate my concerns with respect to a life insurance claim decision?
A Grievance Redressal Committee is chaired by an external member. You can communicate your concerns to this committee by sending a letter to the address given below:
Grievance Redressal Committee (Chaired by external member)
ICICI Prudential Life Insurance Company,
Raheja Tipco plaza,
Mumbai – 400097