Janmitra Card FAQs
How can I recharge my card? Is there a minimum or maximum limit for recharge?
You can recharge your card by paying cash at AMTS, BRTS station counters and designated centres under AMC and Service Delivery Points spread across Ahmedabad. Minimum recharge amount is Rs. 50. You can recharge the card with an amount which is in multiples of Rs. 50 (e.g. 50, 100, 150 etc.). The maximum balance that your card can have is Rs. 10,000.
How can I utilise the balance on my card?
There are 2 types of balances on your card:
- The total balance of your card which is exactly equal to the recharge amount is called the TOTAL ACCOUNT BALANCE.
- The balance on your card which is available for purpose of Travel on BRTS & AMTS buses is called the CARD BALANCE.
Where can I get my Janmitra Card? What are the issuance charges?
Non Personalised Instant Cards are available in Ahmedabad at all BRTS Stations, City Civic Centers, selected AMTS depots and all EasyPay outlets. You need to fill a simple application form and get this card over the counter.
Personalised cards are available in Ahmedabad at all BRTS Stations and selected AMTS Depots. You need to fill a simple application form for this. If you want to get a pass, you need to provide the required supporting documents as per the terms & conditions for the type of pass by the Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation.
What is the validity of this card? What happens to my balance after the card expires?
This card has a validity of 5 years. Post card expiry, you can apply for a new card (card charges mentioned above apply) and your last updated balance will be transferred from your old card to your new card. In case of a pass, your previous pass will be provided on the new card as well.
What if my card is lost, stolen or damaged?
If your card is lost, stolen or damaged, you need to immediately block the card by calling our Customer Care on 1800 266 9849.
You can apply for a replacement card (after blocking of your previous card) at the card issuance counters mentioned above. Your last updated card balance will be transferred from your previous card to your new card. In case of a pass, your previous pass will be provided on the new card as well.
Note: Card replacement charges are Rs. 50 for Non-Personalised Instant Cards and Rs.75 for Personalised cards.
What is Janmitra Card? Why should I take this card?
Janmitra is a prepaid card presented to you by Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation (AMC) and ICICI Bank. This is a powerful card which enables you to make cashless payments in the city of Ahmedabad.
So, do away with the hassles of carrying change, make payments with ease and track your expenses as well.
Where can I use Janmitra Card?
Janmitra Card can be used for:
- Travel tickets and passes for AMTS and BRTS Buses
- Municipal Tax payments at all Municipal Civic Centres across Ahmedabad city
- Payment at Kankaria lake front
- Payment at Sabarmati river front
- Payment at AMC owned parking spots
- All retail purchases as well as e-commerce purchases online
What are the types of cards available?
Janmitra Card is available in 2 types:
- NON-PERSONALISED INSTANT CARDS - These cards are without the cardholder details printed on it.
- PERSONALISED CARDS - These cards have the cardholder name, photograph and type of pass (if applicable) printed on it. Personalised cards can be used as AMTS/ BRTS passes as well.
Where do I contact for any grievances?
You may call our 24X7 Customer Care on 1800 266 9849 in case of any grievance.