EMV Chip Card FAQS
EMV Chip Card
What is the benefit of EMV technology?
An EMV chip-based payment card is a more secure alternative to traditional magnetic stripe payment cards which results in reduction of frauds.
How can I verify RBI guidelines?
You may refer to RBI Circular number RBI/2015-16/163 DPSS.CO.PD.No.448/02.14.003/2015-2016 for details.
How can I do transactions after closure of my magnetic stripe card?
Also, you can do Cardless ATM cash withdrawal and online transactions using our Mobile app.
- For ATM cash withdrawal, follow steps on iMobile app: iMobile > Services > Cardless Cash withdrawal
- For online transaction use the virtual card facility on the iMobile app
How can I get a new EMV Chip Card issued in my account?
You can re-issue a new card by one of the below options:
- Place a re-issuance request at Mobile Banking or Internet Banking
- Visit the nearest ICICI Bank branch. Click here to locate the nearest branch.
- Contact the Customer Care Executive
What is EMV Chip Card?
Europay, Mastercard and Visa (EMV) is the global standard for Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card payments, that uses the chip card technology. An EMV chip-based payment card is a more secure alternative to traditional magnetic stripe payment cards, which results in reduction of frauds.