The ICICI Bank Edge
- The monthly average balance requirement for this account is nil
- Free ICICI Bank VISA debit card
- Internet Banking facility is not available to the customers
- Mobile Banking facility is not available to the customers
- Interest is payable half-yearly
- Free Quarterly statement, free monthly e-mail statement on request
- Money Multiplier Facility shall not be available to the customers
- Nomination facility available for bank deposits
- There can be only one Nominee for a deposit account whether held singly or jointly
- A person legally empowered to operate a minor's account can file a nomination on behalf of the minor
- Applicants can make nomination by filling up the Form prescribed under the Banking Companies (Nomination) Rules 1985
- The nomination details can be changed during the subsistence of the account relationship by filling up the Form prescribed under the Banking Companies (Nomination) Rules 1985
- For more details approach your bank
As per the Reserve Bank of India guidelines issued vide circular number RBI/2010-11/389 DBOD.AML.No. 77 /14.01.001/2010-11 dated January 27, 2011, foreign remittances are not to be allowed to be credited into a 'small account', unless the identity of the client is fully established through the production of officially valid documents, as referred to in sub-rule (2) of rule 9 of the rules notified by the Government of India under the Prevention of Money Laundering Act. In view of the above, customers holding accounts under the category 'No Frills Account' are hereby requested to submit copies of identity and address proof to the Bank, and get their accounts converted into a regular Savings Account if they are expecting receipt of foreign remittance credits in their account. In the absence of submission of valid Identity and address proof, we will be constrained to return any foreign remittance received in the account.
Please contact the branch staff for further clarifications and details.
SUBSCRIPTION TO BANK ACCOUNT STATEMENTS BY E MAIL
Monthly account statements by Email:
You will receive the account statement in the first week of every month. Monthly email statements are absolutely free of cost.
To subscribe, login to ICICIBank.com with your internet banking UserID and Password and go to Banking section for Account Statement by Email.
You can also contact our 24 hour Customer Care number and inform us of your choice.
New account opening under No Frills Account has been discontinued w.e.f. 26-Nov-2012. Existing No Frills Account will be continued with the existing features.
No frills account is now termed as Basic Savings Bank Account. Click here to know about Basic Savings Bank Account
The account is available only for resident Indians above the age of 18 years. The Account is not available to individuals in the capacity of HUF Kartas . NRIs and foreign nationals are not eligible for this Account.
To open a No Frills Account, you will require the following documents
- Introduction from an existing customer (along with telephone number) maintaining satisfactory conduct in the account as per the bank.
- In the absence of introduction, you can submit any of the below documents as a certification of identity
- A letter with all the particulars issued by :
- Business Correspondent
- Micro Finance Institution (MFI)
- Block Development Officer
- Head of Village Panchayat
- Post Master of the concerned post office, or
- Any other public functionary known to the Bank
- Voter ID card
- Aadhaar letter (card) issued by Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI)
- Handwritten Ration Card with photograph of applicant *
- Any other Identity proof or Address proof document can be submitted, subject to the Bank's satisfaction
* Ration Card, printed or handwritten, is not acceptable as a KYC document if there is a remark on the card that -“Ration card is only to be used for purpose of drawing ration and not for any other purpose” or any such similar remark.
- To open a No Frill Account as a beneficiary under the Indira Gandhi National Old Age Pension Scheme (IGNOAPS) you need to submit proof confirming the same.