Foreign Education Financial Planning and Assistance
While planning for an education overseas, estimation of expenses is a critical element. These expenses can be broadly categorized into 4 heads: admission and tuition fees, accommodation, travel and contingencies.
ICICI Bank has endeavored to go a step further to assist you not only to estimate the expenses of foreign education but also to guide in financial planning in order to achieve your goal. Please go through the ICICI Bank Edu Calculator.
Immediate requirement of funds
In case of requirement of funds on an immediate basis, we’d be glad to assist you with easy and convenient financial assistance in the form of Loan against Securities (LAS), Loan against Property (LAP) or Overdraft against Fixed Deposits.
ICICI Bank’s Loan against Securities (LAS) currently being offered at 11% is one of the lowest cost propositions compared to other education financing solutions in the market.
You would be able to avail Loan against Securities (LAS) in the form of an overdraft (OD) facility against the pledge of financial securities like shares, mutual funds, bonds, insurance policies and Fixed Maturity Plans. This facility would help keep your hand-picked portfolio intact and get liquidity against it. The OD limit depends on the valuation of the security, applicable margin and other conditions as applicable from time to time.
Advantages of opting for LAS:
- Low cost of funds (due to the best-in class interest rate of 11%
- Payment of interest only on the amount of overdraft used
- No prepayment charges
- Flexibility on principal repayment
- Exercise the option to liquidate collateral in order to cater to your principal repayment
- Unique facility of selling pledged shares online
- Two Passport size photographs (original copy)
- Two copies of Residence Proof
- Two copies of Pan card
- Two copies of Identity Proof (Not required if Pan card is given)
- Client master report (De-mat Statement)
- One processing fees cheque as applicable.
- Permanent landline / mobile connection at residence or office mandatory - to be mentioned in the application form
- E-mail id of the borrower or co-borrower needs to be mentioned in the application form.
Loan against Property is secured against equitable mortgage on the property. The property papers are taken as security for the loan. It can be taken against one's self occupied residential or commercial property. So, all you need is a built-up property in your name and use it as a solution to finance your education.
Advantages of opting for Loan against Property:
- It is the only option when funding requirement is high, as you can get a loan even up to ₹ 3 cr.
- Repayment can be done over a term of 15 years.
- Flexibility of making part-prepayment at any time during the term of the loan.
- Less stress on your wallet with low interest rates.
|For Salaried Professionals
|Self Employed Professional
|Self Employed Non Professional
|Application form with photograph duly signed
|Identity, residence and age proof
|Last 6 months bank statements (from salary account in case of salaried applicant)
|Copy of title documents for the property to be mortgaged
|Last 3 months Salary-slips
|Processing fee cheque
|Form 16 / Income Tax Returns
|Proof of business existence
|Education qualification certificate
|Last 3 years Computation and CA Certified / Audited Balance Sheet and Profit & Loss Account with schedules
|Last 3 years CA Certified / Audited Balance Sheet and Profit & Loss Account with schedules and audit reports
ICICI Bank’s Loan / Overdraft against Fixed Deposits and Recurring Deposits (FD & RD) is one of fastest and simplest ways to get funds at a nominal rate of interest. This is the most suitable option if you have an existing FD or RD with ICICI Bank and would want to use the funds for your education requirement without prematurely closing the same. You can also avail Loan / Overdraft facility against Fixed / Recurring Deposits owned by family members or friends.
Advantages of opting for Loan / Overdraft against Fixed and Recurring Deposits:
- Loan / Overdraft can be availed up to 90% of your Fixed and Recurring Deposits.
- Payment of interest only on the amount and period for which loan / overdraft is used.
- Flexibility in repayment of Loan / Overdraft amount including interest, as it can be paid at any time during the Loan / Overdraft period or on maturity.
- Low rates of interest:
- 2% above the rate of interest on FD and RD for Parents / Students
- Special rate of 1% above FD and RD rate for grandparents (senior citizens).
- ICICI Bank Base Rate plus 2.50% for Loan / Overdraft against Third party FD (of family, relatives and friends).
- Minimum and simplified documentation with processing within one day.
- Filled up Application Form, duly signed by the borrower and the FD holder.
- Original FD Receipts discharged by the FD holder.
You can take a print-out of the sample Application Form loaded here, fill it and walk into your nearest branch.
"This is to put on record my deep appreciation and thanks for the prompt service rendered by the team of LOAN AGAINST SECURITIES in ensuring approval of a loan I requested against my insurance investments. Thanks again and best wishes."
- Colonel (Retired) Ravindernath Siram
For assistance, request a call-back