What is Cyberstalking?
Cyberstalking is the use of internet or other electronic way to stalk an individual, group or organisation. Cyberstalkers can either be unknown or known people having different purposes. Fraudsters commonly obtain information through social media and other online sources.
Impact of Cyberstalking
- Your personal and banking information is monitored (Identity theft)
- Your contact details are obtained and used
- Your location is tracked by the GPS facility on mobiles and tracker devices
- Malicious websites, blogs and social networking sites get created with your details
- Creates a bad reputation about you on social media and other online networks
- Reputation harm at workplace
- Receiving direct threats through e-mail/ instant messaging
- Wrong usage of your image.