Scroll to top
National Unified USSD Platform FAQs
National Unified USSD Platform
If I have any queries, where should I contact?
Please contact us at our 24-hour Customer Care.
How many banks and telecoms are connected through NUUP network?
What are the charges for using NUUP transactions?
There are no charges on NUUP transactions. However, IMPS fund transfer charges would be applicable as mentioned on our website in the below mentioned link:
What is the short code for NUUP?
If the VPA for your account has already been created then dial *99#
If the VPA for your account has not been created then dial *99*44#
Can I use NUUP service if my mobile number is not registered with the Bank ?
No. You need to register your mobile number against your account with ICICI Bank. To register, please visit your nearest ICICI Bank Branch or ATM.
I am getting the error “Invalid Command” or “Try again” on NUUP?
- Please check if your mobile operator is providing this service. You can get the list of the operators on NUUP by visiting Telecom operator.
- If your mobile operator is in the list on NPCI website, the error may be due to a network issue in your area. You can try initiating the transaction after sometime. In case the issue persists, please check with your mobile operator.
Which transactions can be done through NUUP?
- Send Money
- Request Money
- Check Balance
- My Profile
- Pending request
- UPI PIN
Will NUUP work on only Java enabled mobile phones or will it require some software to be downloaded to use the service?
NUUP does not require any JAVA or software to be downloaded on the mobile. It can work on the basic GSM mobile.
Does NUUP work on CDMA mobile?
Can I change my account number for payment?
Yes, you can change your account number by entering option 4 in My Profile in the Service List. You can then select the Change Account Number option
Is it necessary to generate UPI PIN for the Check balance option?
Yes, for checking the balance, customer has to enter his UPI PIN and then the balance will be displayed on the screen.
What are the charges for transacting using NUUP?
There are no charges on NUUP transactions. However, IMPS fund transfer charges would be applicable as mentioned in our website.
Highlights of the Enhanced NUUP service
- Allows mobile@UPIFor ex. 8108108644@UPI ) to become an address to receive money from UPI users
- UPI collect for merchants for feature phone users using their mobile number
- Language selection/Default language
- Beneficiary addition/Deletion
- Different ways to send money - Pay to Mobile number, VPA, Aadhaar id or MMID and IFSC
- Collect money request from mobile number
What is NUUP?
NUUP stands for National Unified USSD Platform. It is a mobile banking service provided by NPCI (National Payment Cooperation of India ) which works on USSD technology. Customers can access the mobile banking menu of ICICI Bank just by dialling the short code *99*44# from their mobile phone and initiate a transaction following the steps prompted on their screen.
Does the customer need to have GPRS or Data card for using NUUP?
Customer does not need to have a GPRS or any such data connection on their mobiles. They can use the service from any GSM mobile connection which has a calling feature.
What is the limit of fund transfer per day through NUUP?
The maximum limit of fund transfer per customer on NUUP is ₹5,000 per day.
How many transactions are allowed per session through NUUP ?
Only one transaction is allowed per session through NUUP.