iMobile Pay FAQs
How do I activate iMobile Pay app ?
1. Open the app, click on 'Activation' button and then Click on resume. Verification SMS will be triggered. In case, if you are unable to send the SMS from your registered mobile number, please check with your network service provider.
2. Post successful verification of the mobile number, you need to select the login option from the two options provided:
Fingerpring with Login PIN
Internet Banking User ID and Password.
3. Enter debit card grid value (available at back of the card) and debit card PIN to complete your Imobile activation process.
I am facing difficulty while activating iMobile Pay app
Please follow the below troubleshooting steps to activate Imobile Pay app:
1. Ensure that you have the latest version of Imobile Pay App
2. Kindly use mobile data to activate the app. Imobile Pay app cannot be activated using Wifi or Hotspot
3. Kindly maintain a minimum balance of Rs.10 on your registered mobile number as the SMS triggered is chargeable.
4. Kindly ensure that the SMS is sent from registered mobile number.
Troubleshoot iMobile Pay
I forgot my User ID / Password. What should I do?
Click open the app and select “Need Help?” shown below the login button. Click on “I want my User ID” or “I want my Password” depending on your requirement.
I lost my phone. Can someone access my account? How do I get my iMobile Pay de-activated?
Do not worry. Users enter their confidential USER ID and password to access iMobile Pay. Three consecutive attempts with incorrect entry of password de-activates the Internet Banking USER ID.
I use iMobile Pay on my phone. My wife (or a friend, a parent) also has an account with ICICI Bank? Can she also access her account using iMobile Pay on my phone?
Yes. She can login into iMobile Pay using her Internet Banking User ID and password.
How to register for iMobile Pay app?
You may download iMobile Pay from Google Play Store/ App Store/ Windows Phone Store based on your device. Java enabled mobile phones can download through the following methods:
SMS iMobile Pay to 5676766. You will receive an SMS with the URL. Click on the URL and download the iMobile Pay app.
You can also visit http://mobile.icicibank.com/dl from mobile browser and download the iMobile Pay app.
Once you have downloaded the iMobile Pay app, you need to follow a simple 2-step activation process.
Step 1: Select Activate Now to automatically verify your mobile number, in case of a dual SIM phone, please ensure your registered mobile number as your primary SIM.
Step 2: Post successful verification of your mobile number, you need to select the Login option from the two options provided:
1. Login PIN or 2. Internet Banking User ID and Password
Post successful login option creation, you need to re login and after successful login, you will be asked for grid values on your debit card to ensure security.
Is there a fee for using iMobile Pay?
No. ICICI Bank does not charge a fee for using iMobile Pay app. Your telecom operator may charge for use of data (Internet browsing) or sms on your mobile device.
What is Pay to Contact?
ICICI Bank allows you to transfer funds to anyone’s mobile number or e-mail ID. All you have to do is enter their mobile number or e-mail ID from your address book and transfer funds to them right away. This service is available only on iMobile Pay app and not on internet banking.
Pay to Contact:
Login to iMobile Pay> Fund Transfer > Pay to Contact > Enter Mobile Number of other person to whom the amount needs to be transferred > The beneficiary will receive a message with a link to receive funds > Sender will receive a 4-digit code which needs to be shared with the beneficiary to complete the transaction.
What is iMobile Pay?
Download iMobile Pay
What services are available over iMobile Pay app?
iMobile Pay app brings to your fingertips the following banking and value-added services:
- View Account Details: You can view details of all your banking relationships with ICICI Bank on iMobile Pay.
- Savings Account: Balances, Mini Statement, Detailed Statement
- Current Accounts
- Fixed Deposits
- Recurring Deposits
- PPF Accounts
- Credit Cards (Summary, Statement, Due Date, Available Credit)
- Loans (Summary, Statement, EMI details)
- Demat: Scrips, Holding Quantity, Holding Value
- Transfer Funds
- Within your own ICICI Bank accounts
- To other ICICI Bank / other Bank accounts using NEFT or IMPS
- Pay Bills
- To your registered billers
- For your ICICI Bank credit cards
- Prepaid mobile phones
- DTH connections
- Credit Cards
- View summary of your ICICI Bank credit card
- View current statement or Last statement
- Make payment of your total amount due
- Speak directly to our call center
- Order new cheque book, know cheque status, stop a cheque
I have downloaded the iMobile Pay app. What do I do next?
Click open the app and start by keying in your Internet Banking USER ID and PASSWORD. In case you need help with your ID / PASSWORD, please click on “Need Help?”
Is iMobile Pay secure?
To ensure security of your account information and all your transactions, a number of security features have been built into iMobile Pay:
- iMobile Pay can only be activated on your mobile number registered with the Bank.
- Secure Login - Mobile Banking via iMobile Pay app requires secure login for access. No one is able to access your account information without knowing your unique USER ID- Password or MPIN.
- Data Encryption – Only limited information such as account numbers, and nicknames of your payees and billers are stored locally on your mobile device. All other account-related data resides at ICICI Bank - just as with Internet Banking. All data placed into local storage on the mobile device is encrypted. This ensures that if the mobile device is lost or stolen, the data stored by the mobile application in local storage is unreadable.
- No Identifiable Information – SMS texts or alerts from ICICI Bank never include any personally identifiable information, such as your full account number, email address or mobile number. Your USER ID and Password will never be included in any of the text messages or alerts you receive from the Bank.
- Grid Card Authentication- NRI customers using iMobile Pay app will require Grid card authentication for completing financial transactions. For retail customers, transactions amounting to more than INR 100,000 will require grid authentication.
How do I get iMobile Pay app?
The iMobile Pay app is available on the appstore of your smartphone – Windows App Store. Please visit the app store from your mobile device and download the app.
How to redeem cash sent through Pay to Contact?
To redeem cash sent through Pay to Contact, please follow the below mentioned steps:
1. Steps to be followed by the issuer:
- Login to iMobile Pay
- Select Fund Transfer
- Click on Pay to Contact
- Enter or Select mobile number from your contact book
- Enter Amount and Remarks
- Reconfirm the transaction details
2 messages are triggered of which one goes to the beneficiary and the second message goes to the account holder (issuer).
2. Steps to be followed by the beneficiary for encashment of the amount:
- Click the link received in the SMS
- Enter bank account number and IFSC in case of Non-ICICI Bank account
- Enter 4-digit passcode which needs to be taken from the issuer
- Confirm details screen and funds would be credited into the account in 1 working day.
What is iMobile app?
iMobile, the most comprehensive and secure Mobile Banking application, offers 165+ banking and informational services to take care of your daily banking needs conveniently from your smartphone. For easier accessibility we have made iMobile available on Android, iOS, Windows and Blackberry.
To know more details of iMobile app, please visit our website www.icicibank.com > Mobile Banking (Bottom of the page) > iMobile - ICICI Mobile Banking App.
What is the use or benefit of iMobile Pay app?
The ICICI Bank's iMobile Pay app, is the most comprehensive and secure Mobile Banking application, offering over 165 banking and informational services to take care of your daily banking needs conveniently from your smartphone. For easier accessibility we have made iMobile Pay available on Android, iOS, Windows & Blackberry.
With iMobile Pay you can check your account balance, transfer funds, pay utility bills, recharge your mobile phone, DTH connection, broadband, book movie tickets and much more on the go.
How can I generate the MMID for IMPS transactions through SMS?
To generate the MMID for IMPS transaction, you need to SMS: MMID<space>last 4 digits of your Account Number to 9222208888.
You will receive an SMS carrying your 7-digit MMID for the bank account, e.g., 9229134. You can similarly generate MMIDs for all other accounts that you may have with us.