Key highlights as at March 31, 2023
consumption from renewable sources
Bank is Indian Green Building Council certified
Scope 1 and Scope 2 emissions intensity, per full-time employee
Usage Effectiveness of our data centres
of energy generated from on-site solar installations
of clean portable water can be produced by Atmospheric Water Generator
Energy management and monitoring
Invest in design and technology
- Use of energy efficient equipment like 5-star rated air-conditioners, LED lights, Energy star labelled IT equipment in our premises
- Equipment-based monitoring and control system with a centralised Network Operating Centre
- Leveraged Internet of Things enabled Central Monitoring System
Operations and maintenance practices
- Adoption of green features at workspaces
- Implemented 24oC temperature policy at all offices and business centers
- Periodic energy audits and continuous improvement of energy KPIs
Use of renewable energy
- On site solar at 600+ sites
- Long term power purchase agreements for power through renewable sources
- Increasing adoption of green tariff from electricity distribution companies
Minimising paper consumption
- Digitisation of our operations and offering digital products and services
- Use of Forest Stewardship Council certified recycled paper for pre-printed forms at branches.
- Installation of water-efficient fixtures, compliant with IGBC guidelines at our offices and branches
- Water recycling facilities at our large offices where feasible, with a total capacity of 1,180 kilolitres per day.
Some green initiatives at the Bank’s premises
The IGBC Platinum rating for our Regional Office in Gachibowli, Hyderabad reflects our commitment towards sustainable operations. The environment management initiatives at this office cover the areas of water conservation, energy efficiency, waste management, improved environmental conditions, green transportation and enhanced fresh air ventilation.
ICICI Bank’s Regional Office at Pune has a provision of 40% more fresh air than required; 38% of the water requirement at this office is met through rain water harvesting mechanisms.
ICICI Bank’s Office at Noida, Uttar Pradesh is recognised for excellence in energy management. It was the recipient of the Confederation of Indian Industry National Award for Excellence in Energy Management in 2020.
The commissioning of the Indirect – Direct Evaporative Cooling system at the ICICI Bank office in Jaipur has led to power saving of up to 30% in summers and 65% in winters in the HVAC (Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning) systems.
India’s first ‘IGBC’ Platinum Net Zero Rated Building, ICICI RSETI building at Jodhpur, was commissioned in September 2019. It uses only renewable energy and harnesses available natural resources. It also serves as a model for recycling and reusing of water and waste, without compromising on aesthetics and functionality.