Terms and Conditions for Samsung Pay
Last Updated: 14th October, 2016
Terms and Conditions for Samsung Pay
For the purpose of these terms and conditions (“Terms”):
- "Card" shall mean an ICICI Bank Virtual Credit Card or Debit Card, which has been issued by ICICI Bank, and which is valid and subsisting.
- "Card Holder/s" shall mean a customer of ICICI Bank, to whom the Facility has been granted by virtue of such customer holding a Card
- “Facility” shall mean Samsung Pay functionality available within Samsung Pay application that allows ICICI Bank credit and debit card customers to make mobile contactless payments at contactless enabled retail outlets.
- “Program” shall mean creation of Virtual Credit / Debit card against a primary ICICI Bank Credit / Debit card respectively for the purpose of using the Samsung Pay functionality.
- "Primary Terms and Conditions" shall mean the terms and conditions applicable to the Card in addition to these Terms and Conditions.
- “Void Transaction” shall mean any transaction wherein the transaction has taken place but has been cancelled by the merchant prior to settlement with ICICI Bank.
- For the purpose of Samsung Pay functionality, Card Holder can enable their primary Credit / Debit cards within the Samsung Pay application and a new virtual card will be created against the primary card.
- The virtual card will be created in the same customer account as the primary card
- The virtual card will be used for all Samsung Pay transactions and the virtual card number will be printed on the charge-slip post Samsung Pay payment at point of sale machines enabled by the merchants.
- Only the last four digits of the virtual card number will be displayed within the Samsung Pay application. The complete card number of virtual card will be securely stored within the device on which the application is installed.
- The virtual card will have an expiry of three years from the date of configuration irrespective of expiration of primary card and the credit transaction limit will be same as the primary transaction card.
- Card Holder cannot request for a physical card against the virtual card.
- Card Holders can get their virtual card cancelled by calling ICICI Bank Customer Care
- The Program is valid for select Card Holder/s having following select Samsung devices.
- The Cardholder’s shall receive the communication of the Program from ICICI Bank with respect to the Facility by way of direct mailer / emailer / SMS or any other mode as per the discretion of ICICI Bank.
- The Program is applicable for the primary Card Holder/s only and is not valid for void transactions.
III. Other Terms and Conditions
- The participation in the Program is entirely voluntary and it is understood, that the participation by the ICICI Bank Card Holder/s shall be deemed to have been made on a voluntary basis.
- If the Card Holder/s ceases to be the Card Holder/s at any time during the validity of the Program, all the benefits under the Program shall lapse and shall not be available to the Card Holder/s.
- All disputes are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the competent courts/tribunals of Mumbai.
- All communication / notices with regard to this Program should be addressed to "ICICI Bank Limited, ICICI Phone Banking Center, ICICI Bank Tower, 7th floor, Survey no: 115/27, Plot no. 12, Nanakramguda, Serilingampally, Hyderabad – 500032, India.
- In all matters relating to the Program, the decision of ICICI Bank shall be final and binding in all respects.
- These Terms shall be in addition to and not in substitution / derogation to the Primary Terms and Conditions governing the Debit Cards / Credit Cards of ICICI Bank. All capitalized terms used but not defined herein shall have the respective meanings ascribed to it in the Primary Terms and Conditions.
- ICICI Bank reserves the right to modify/ change all or any of the Terms applicable to the Program without assigning any reasons or without any prior intimation whatsoever. ICICI Bank also reserves the right to discontinue the Program without assigning any reasons or without any prior intimation whatsoever.
- ICICI Bank reserves the right to disqualify any merchant establishment or Card Holder/s from the benefits of the Program if any fraudulent activity is identified as being carried out for the purpose of availing the benefits under the Program or otherwise by use of the Card at any POS terminal.
- The Program is not available wherever prohibited and / or on merchandise / products / services for which such programs cannot be offered for any reason whatsoever.