Terms and Conditions
Mobile insurance is for coverage of Mobile screen damage for all ICICI bank iMobile user. (Eligibility will be consider based on mobile device health. Mobile health will be determined by a SDK test)
I. Policy Conditions:
- Coverage: One-time accidental screen damage protection.
- Geographical Limit: Within India.
- Only new mobiles /mobiles which are less than 1 year-old from the date of availing for the screen protection coverage will be covered under the policy.
- Enrollment is non-transferable.
- Insured may make a maximum of only 1 claim for damage to display/screen, during the entire policy period.
- In the event of a claim, the maximum limit of liability will be restricted to the Sum Insured as mentioned in the Certificate of Insurance or, the original invoice value, whichever is lower.
- In the event of non-computerized bills, IMEI number of the device should be declared on the purchase invoice.
- Claims arising out of theft/lost/stolen/ any other damage excluding screen damage will not be covered under the policy.
- Cancellation and refund will not be allowed in the policy.
- No claims will be admissible during the first 30 days of the policy period starting from the policy start date, as mentioned in the Certificate of Insurance
- Excludes damage caused due to software activity like virus, programs etc.
- Data loss and any consequential loss due to data loss will not be covered.
- Any mechanical or electrical breakdown will not be covered under the policy.
- All claims shall be reported within 48 hours of discovery of loss.
- Copy of the original purchase invoice is mandatory at the time of claims.
- No free look period applicable for this policy.
- By purchasing this policy, you provide your consent and authorise ICICI Bank Limited to share your personal (confidential) information with ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company Limited.
II. Policy Exclusion:
- Loss or damage to the Insured Equipment due to mysterious circumstances / disappearance or unexplained reasons.
- Loss of the Insured Equipment resulting from or caused by theft or attempted theft from unlocked vehicles.
- Fraud or criminal activity on the part of the insured or the Beneficiary.
- Loss resulting from detention or confiscation by customs or other Government or public authorities.
- Any failure of the insured Equipment to operate as a result of problems with respect to the network infrastructure, beneficiaries network subscription or similar service issues.
- Loss arising due to any lawful or illegal activities including criminal acts or acts of war or the insured equipment is used with permission of the bonafide beneficiary having knowledge of such facts.
- Consequential loss of any kind or description.
- Liability to any party of any nature including but not limited to liability of Authorized Service Centre to other parties.
- Loss or damage caused by incorrect storage, poor maintenance, willful negligence, incorrect installation, incorrect set-up, unless the ASC representative would confirm otherwise due substantiation.
- Loss or damage as a result of attack by unauthorized software/virus, software faults and manufacturing defect owing to which an insured equipment fails to operate.
- Loss or damage that is covered by a supplier, dealer or factory warranty.
- Any loss if the ownership of the insured equipment is transferred.
- Any consequence arising from War, War like operations (whether war declared or not ), Act of foreign enemy, hostilities, Civil War, Rebellion, Insurrection, Civil Commotion, Military usurped power, Seizure, Capture, Confiscation, Arrest, Restraints and or detainment by order of any Government or any other Authority.
- Any manufacturing defect which is covered under manufacturer’s warranty product defects whether latent / inherent or not.
- Any loss of or damage to the Sim card / memory card unless caused by an insured peril.
- Internal leakage of the battery, unless caused by an insured peril.
- Mechanical or Electrical breakdown or electronic derangement or malfunction unless caused by an external accidental means or liquid.
- Intentional overloading of the insured equipment. Loss or damage due to any experiments or tests and/or alterations resulting into any abnormal conditions.
- Cost of replacement of Battery unless caused by an accidental or liquid damage to the insured Equipment.
- Loss or damage to accessories of whatsoever nature even if included in the purchase price.
Premium will vary if device make model changes.. Please refer to Master Policy wordings.
III. Claim process:
Claim to be intimated by insured to toll free call center number (1800 2666)
Through ICICI Lombard website
Path: www.icicilombard.com> claims > corporate claims > fire Eng and Misc > Claim Intimation
Customer needs to provide these details:
- IMEI no/Policy certificate number
- Date of loss
- Cause of loss as “Screen damage cover”
- Alternative Contact no
- E-mail address
- Communication address- “Pin code”
- Customer needs to specifically mention to that he/she has Cause of loss as “screen damage only” as cause of loss to the call center
- A system generated mail* will be shared with the Insured to upload below claim documents:
- Purchase Invoice
- Policy Certificate copy
- Photographs/Video of the damaged device (Please refer demo provided for more clarity)
- Cancelled cheque for fund transfer
- **Policy certificate number and claim number (Claim number will be shared to the insured via mail and message)
- ICICI Lombard claims team will verify the documents and process as per policy terms and condition. All valid/approved claim amount will be credited to insured account through fund transfer.
- In case, the device is not in operational/working condition or the IMEI number is not clearly visible on screen, ICICI Lombard will arrange for pickup of the device and will process the claim on cashless basis. The device will be repaired and provided to the customer.
- Alternately, if the insured location is not serviceable for cashless, the insured can get the device repaired from an Authorized service center and get the amount reimbursed.
- ** In case the device repair cost is more than the liability amount of ICICI Lombard, the balance needs to be paid by the customer in case of cashless. In case of reimbursement, only the liability amount will be reimbursed.
IV. Grievance Redressal:
- We are committed towards fulfillment of our promise to you and your family. We are happy to share details of our Insurance Partners to offer you the best service quality and easy information access. Click here for details.
The advertisement contains only an indicative of cover offered. For more details on risk factors, terms, conditions and exclusions, please read the terms & conditions/policy wording carefully before concluding a sale. Insurance is underwritten by ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company Limited. All Risk Insurance (CIN: U67200MH2000PLC129408, UIN: IRDAN115P0001V01200102)
ICICI Bank Limited (“ICICI Bank”) with registered office at ICICI Bank Tower, Near Chakli Circle, Old Padra Road, Vadodara, 390 007, Gujarat (CIN: L65190GJ1994PLC021012) Toll Free No. 1860 120 7777 is only a Corporate Agent (Composite, IRDAI Regn No.: CA0112 valid till March 31, 2022) of ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company Limited having its registered office at ICICI Lombard House, 414, Veer Savarkar Marg, Near Siddhivinayak Temple, Prabhadevi, Mumbai 400025. IRDAI Reg. No. 115. Toll Free No. 1800 2666. Fax No. 022 61961323, CIN: L67200MH2000PLC129408.
Enrolment by ICICI Bank’s customer of any insurance products is purely voluntary, and is not linked to availment of any other facility from ICICI Bank.
BEWARE OF SPURIOUS PHONE CALLS AND FICTITIOUS/FRAUDULENT OFFERS
- IRDAI is not involved in activities like selling insurance policies, announcing bonus or investment of premiums.
- Public receiving such phone calls are requested to lodge a police complaint.