HOME INSURANCE – CONTENT COVER
Last Updated Date: January 08, 2018
Home insurance content covers losses/damage to content due to natural and man-made calamities mentioned below.
- Aircraft Damage
- Impact Damage
- Riot, Strike, Malicious Damage
- Storm, Cyclone, Typhoon, Tempest, Hurricane, Tornado, Flood and Inundation
- Subsidence and Landslide including Rockslide
- Bursting and/or overflowing of water tanks, apparatus and pipes
- Missile Testing Operations
- Leakage from Automatic Sprinkler Installation
- Bush Fire
The Policy shall not be valid for customers with age less than 18 years.
This policy is offered by ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company Limited and provide coverage to personal possession inside your home for the sum insured opted for.
The policy coverage will start from T days (T is business day on which payment is received)
This policy shall be issued on the registered communication address updated with ICICI Bank account. Customer may request for change in risk address by submitting supporting valid address proofs like registered rent agreement in case there is a change in risk address during policy period.
Customer may request for policy cancellation by calling ICICI Lombard Customer Care at 18002666
This Policy will be auto-renewed every year. Please refer policy wordings for cancellation process.
The extension of the cover post one year is subject to pricing change at the time of renewal, receipt of adequate premium on or before the renewal date and the availability of the product.
An annual premium will be debited as part of Standing Instruction for your annual renewal.
Customer cannot purchase multiple policies for contents similar in nature within single residential premises. In case customer purchase multiple policies for contents similar in nature in single residential premises claim shall be settled only once against such contents and higher sum insured will be considered out of the policies opted.
In case of any dispute with respect to the name of the insured, the name of the insured person shall be the name as per ICICI Bank account.
The insurance policy is a contract between ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company Limited and Customer and is available to individual customers of ICICI Bank Limited. ICICI Bank Limited's customer participation in the policy is entirely voluntary and is not linked to availment of any other facility from ICICI Bank.
By proceeding to buy the policy you consent to ICICI Bank for sharing your basic [confidential] personal information with ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company Limited.
All other terms and conditions mentioned in the policy wordings shall be applicable. For details, kindly refer to Policy wordings.
All the above information is valid for the tenure of the policy purchased.
For details on exclusions, limitations of the policy and the policy cancellation process, please refer policy wordings from below link
Click here for Policy wordings
Your contents cover Furniture & Fixtures, Durables (Electronic Equipments), Clothing and Miscellaneous items inside the property insured which is owned by the insured and or family member of insured
The contents are assessed on the market value of the items. This means that if there were a loss, the claim would be paid on the value of purchasing a similar new item, less depreciation.
The company is not liable to make payment for:
- Any loss or damage on account of loss of livestock, motor vehicles, pedal cycles, money, securities for money, stamp, bullion, deeds, bonds, bills of exchange, promissory notes, stock or share certificates, business books, manuscripts, documents of any kinds, ATM debit or credit cards.
- Property kept in open or outside the premise.
- War, invasion, act of foreign enemy hostilities or war like operations.
- Breach of law with criminal intent
- Ionizing radiations or contamination by radioactivity from any nuclear fuel or from any nuclear waste from the combustion of nuclear fuel
- Radioactive substances, toxic, explosive or other hazardous properties of any explosive nuclear assembly or nuclear component thereof
- Deductible wherever applicable.
For detailed list of exclusions please refer to Policy wordings.
The home insurance product is only for residential property. In case you are using your home for commercial purpose also, then your Home Insurance Policy will cover only part you use for residential purpose.
Yes, the spread of fire to the insured premises is covered but the fire should not be a deliberate action of the insured.
You may register your claim by calling 24 hrs call centre 1800-2666 with policy details
- The company authenticates the claim request
- The surveyor visits to the site within 48 hours
- The surveyor submits a final survey report to claims department within 72 hours of site visit.
- The claim is processed by the claims department within 7 days subject to receipt of all valid documents.
- Payment made through NEFT on receipt of signed voucher.
The following are the basic documents required for filing a claim:
- Duly filled and completed Claim form
- Policy Copy
- Final bills of repairers
- Fire Brigade report, FIR, Investigation report of police, if required
- Any other documents requested by surveyor or claims manager
No, jewellery is not covered under the policy.
Insurance works on principle of good faith. We as an insurance company trust our customers. Therefore, the specific and detailed listing of your contents is not always necessary when you buy home insurance from us. However, preserving the bills helps in faster claims settlement. In the absence of bills, alternate evidence will be taken into consideration.
The advertisement contains only an indicative of cover offered. For more details on risk factors, terms, conditions and exclusions, please read the terms & conditions/policy wording carefully before concluding a sale. Insurance is underwritten by ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company Limited. Home Insurance Policy Misc 13 IRDAN115P0003V01200203
ICICI Bank Limited (“ICICI Bank”) with registered office at ICICI Bank Tower, Near Chakli Circle, Old Padra Road, Vadodara, 390 007, Gujarat (CIN: L65190GJ1994PLC021012) Toll Free No. 1860 120 7777 is only a Corporate Agent (Composite, IRDAI Regn No.: CA0112 valid till March 31, 2022) of ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company Limited having its registered office at ICICI Lombard House, 414, Veer Savarkar Marg, Near Siddhivinayak Temple, Prabhadevi, Mumbai 400025. IRDAI Reg. No. 115. Toll Free No. 1800 2666. Fax No. 022 61961323, CIN: L67200MH2000PLC129408.
Enrolment by ICICI Bank’s customer of any insurance products is purely voluntary, and is not linked to availment of any other facility from ICICI Bank.
BEWARE OF SPURIOUS PHONE CALLS AND FICTITIOUS/FRAUDULENT OFFERS
- IRDAI is not involved in activities like selling insurance policies, announcing bonus or investment of premiums.
- Public receiving such phone calls are requested to lodge a police complaint.