DigiLocker is a key initiative under Digital India, the Government of India flagship programme aimed at transforming India into a digitally empowered society and knowledge economy. DigiLocker ties into Digital India’s visions areas of providing citizens a shareable private space on a public cloud and making all documents / certificates available on this cloud.
Targeted at the idea of paperless Governance, DigiLocker is a platform for issuance and verification of documents and certificates in a digital way, thus eliminating the use of physical documents. Indian citizens who sign up for a DigiLocker account get a dedicated cloud storage space that is linked to their Aadhaar (UIDAI) number. Organisations that are registered with Digital Locker can push electronic copies of documents and certificates (e.g. driving licence, Voter ID, School certificates) directly into citizens lockers. Citizens can also upload scanned copies of their legacy documents in their accounts. These legacy documents can be electronically signed using the e-Sign facility.
The platform has the following benefits
- Citizens can access their digital documents anytime, anywhere and share it online. This is convenient and time saving
- It reduces the administrative overhead of Government departments by minimising the use of paper
- Digital Locker makes it easier to validate the authenticity of documents as they are issued directly by the registered issuers
- Self-uploaded documents can be digitally signed using the e-Sign facility (which is similar to the process of self-attestation)
For more details on DigiLocker, please visit https://digilocker.gov.in/about.php.
ICICI Bank customers having Internet Banking access and linked Aaadhar Number can Sign-up for DigiLocker Account.
Terms and Condition
- Customer will be leaving icicibank.com and entering website operated by other parties. ICICI Bank does not control and bears no responsibility for them
- The information of Aadhaar Number available with ICICI Bank will be shared with DigliLocker, Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY), Govt. of India
- Only Aaadhar Number updated in ICICI Bank Account will be shared with MeitY for DigiLocker sign-up
- ICICI Bank is not liable for any dispute arising between the Customers and MeitY on DigiLocker activation and related functions
- Terms and Conditions of ICICI Bank and third parties apply. ICICI Bank is not responsible for third party products, goods, services and offers