A simple investment product that offers safety, liquidity and flexibility.
Instant FD Creation
Now create an FD online anytime, anywhere within 60 seconds.
Avail an OD (Overdraft) up to 90% of FD value in case of emergencies
Plan your investment as per your goal. Flexible tenure that ranges from 7 days to 10 years.
Create a Fixed Deposit (FD)
in 60 Seconds!
- 01. Login to your Account through Internet Banking or iMobile Pay. Go to the FD Form
- 02. Select the investment amount & tenure
- 03. Set your payout plan and you are done.
Need funds immediately?
Get an Overdraft
Avail an overdraft against your fixed deposit of up to 90% of the principal amount and accrued interest. Take care of your short-term emergency requirements without any worries.
Eligibility criteria and Documents required
Eligibility Criteria – Fixed Deposit (FD)
- Individuals and entities mentioned below are eligible to apply for a regular Fixed Deposit online:
Residents | Hindu Undivided Families | Sole Proprietorship Firms | Partnership Firms |Limited Companies |Trust Accounts | Non-Resident Indians | Indians | Minors with Guardianship.
- The Savings Account should be KYC verified.
IDENTITY AND ADDRESS PROOF
Any one of the following documents would serve as proof of identity and address (OVD) of the Customer:
- Driving Licence issued by the Regional Transport Authority
- Voter ID
- Job card issued by NREGA, signed by a State Government Officer
- Letter from the National Population Register
- Proof of possession of a complete Aadhaar number.
PAN Card issued in India is no longer considered a valid proof of identity.
COMMUNICATION ADDRESS PROOF
If the above address proof does not contain your communication address, then the following documents can be considered as proof of address. In such cases, the customer has to update the OVD with a communication address and submit it to the bank within 3 months of account opening.
- Utility Bill, not older than 2 months (electricity, telephone, post-paid mobile phone, piped gas, water bill)
- Property Tax Bill or Municipal Tax receipt, not older than one year
- Letter of Allotment for accommodation from the employer issued by the State Government or Central Government Departments, statutory or regulatory bodies, public sector undertakings, scheduled commercial banks, financial institutions and listed companies
- Leave and Licence agreement with any of the above employers. Agreement to contain the customer’s name as the employee
- Pension or family pension payment orders issued to retired employees by the government departments or public sector undertakings, if they contain the address.
- Please produce the original document(s) for verification & a photocopy of each document.
- Please fill the form in CAPITAL LETTERS using Black ink.
- Please countersign in case of any overwriting.
- Please avail of the nomination facility.
* Mandatory to provide Permanent address and telephone number.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) About Fixed Deposit (FD)
What is a Fixed Deposit?
A Fixed Deposit (FD) is an investment product offered by Banks and NBFCs to their customers. An FD promises you guaranteed returns that are calculated basis the interest offered at the time of opening an FD Account. Interest rates may differ depending upon the tenure and the amount you are opting for.
What are the types of FDs offered by ICICI Bank?
ICICI Bank offers two types of FDs:
Traditional Fixed Deposit: Interest amount is credited at regular intervals, i.e., Quarterly or Monthly. Customer can opt for Monthly/Quarterly payout at the time of creating the Fixed Deposit
Cumulative Fixed Deposit: Customer will receive a lump sum amount after maturity. The interest accrued is added back to the principal amount at quarterly intervals.
Who can invest in ICICI Bank Fixed Deposits?
Individuals and entities mentioned below are eligible to apply for a regular Fixed Deposit online:
Hindu Undivided Families
Sole Proprietorship Firms
Minors with Guardianship.
Also, the Savings Account should be KYC verified.
What is the rate of interest on ICICI Bank Fixed Deposits?
ICICI Bank offers attractive interest rates on Fixed Deposits. Click here to view the current rates.
How do I open a Fixed Deposit Account online?
With ICICI Bank you can open a Fixed Deposit Account anytime, anywhere through any of the following channels such as iMobile Pay App, Internet Banking, Branch Visit, ATM or by contacting Customer Care.
What is the minimum amount required to open an FD?
A minimum deposit of ₹10,000 is necessary to open an ICICI Bank Fixed Deposit Account. For Recurring Deposits, a minimum deposit of ₹500 is required and later deposits in multiples of ₹100 (monthly).
What is the minimum and the maximum tenure for a Fixed Deposit?
ICICI Bank offers a flexible tenure for FDs that ranges from 7 days to 10 years.
How can I calculate the rate of interest on my Fixed Deposit?
You can calculate the interest rate using ICICI Bank FD Calculator. Please click here to use ICICI Bank FD Calculator
What are the steps to create an FD Account through Internet Banking?
Log in to ICICI Bank Internet Banking
Go to ‘Bank Accounts’
Click on ‘Create FD’
Select your FD type
Enter your investment amount. You can open an FD for an amount equal to or greater than ₹10,000
Select your FD tenure & Interest payout option
Click on ‘Create FD’. You have successfully opened an FD Account with ICICI Bank.