Manage My Account
- Log in to www.icicibank.com
- Click on Payments and Transfer > Manage Biller > Register Biller
- Enter NPS in the Biller name field and click on ‘Search’
- Click on ‘Register’, below the Available Biller Section
- Enter the Permanent Retirement Account Number (PRAN) received and Date of Birth (DOB) as available on ICICI Bank records and click on Next
- Preview the details filled and click on ‘Submit’
- The biller is successfully registered and the payment can be made after 3 working days
- To make the payment, click on Payments and Transfer > Bill Payments > Registered Billers
- Once the initial payment is made, subsequent payments can be made at any time of the year.
Minimum annual contribution of Rs 1,000 is mandatory to be paid by the subscriber every financial year.
PRAN will become inactive after 60 days from the date of PRAN generation, in case of non-contribution of annual contribution.
In the above scenario, the subscriber can do the contribution online by visiting the National Securities Depository Limited (NSDL) website https://www.npscra.nsdl.co.in/subscribers-corner-form.php
The subscriber can also make the contribution through ICICI Bank branch, post processing the contribution, the PRAN will be activated by CRA-NSDL.
NPS Contribution Instruction Slip (NCIS) can be downloaded from NSDL website https://www.npscra.nsdl.co.in/subscribers-corner-form.php
The PRAN will become active once the contribution is received.
The individual/retail subscriber has to make an initial contribution of Rs 500 within 60 days of new PRAN generation. Minimum annual contribution of Rs 1,000 is mandatory to be paid by the subscriber every financial year.
PRAN will be de-activated after 60 days from the date of PRAN generation. In case of non-contribution of initial contribution.
In the above scenario, the subscriber can make the contribution through ICICI Bank branch, post processing the contribution, the PRAN will be activated by CRA-NSDL.
When the PRAN is de-activated, it can be activated through the Point of Presence (POP) or subscriber can directly send an e-mail to email@example.com. To activate the PRAN,
post activation, the subscriber can make contribution through ICICI Bank Internet Banking or cash/cheque at ICICI Bank branch.
Subscriber can get his/her existing retail PRAN mapped to corporate by submitting the request.
- It is recommended that the subscriber should verify the following details of his/her PRAN by logging in to Central Recordkeeping Agency (CRA) website, prior to submitting the request. The details will be available under ‘Subscriber Details’ under the Home tab on NSDL website.
|KYC Verification Flag||Y|
|US Person (FATCA) Flag||No/Yes (should not be blank)|
- The subscriber to check with corporate about mapping of his/her PRAN under corporate scheme. Following two options are available:
- Subscriber to intimate the corporate for mapping his/her PRAN under corporate scheme. Corporate will provide the shifting of PRANs on letterhead of the company.
- Individual can alternatively fill Inter-Sector Shifting form along with copy of PRAN card and submit to ICICI Bank Relationship Manager (RM). The form has to be authorised by the Corporate.
- Subscriber while submitting the request should confirm the scheme and Pension Fund Manager (PFM) options selected by the corporate and mention the same. In case, the subscriber has not provided the details, the option selected by corporate will be set as the default option.
- There are multiple options available with the corporate and corporate may select any one of the options at the time of empanelment.
- Fund manager is fixed and investment option is open for subscriber.
- All options of investment and fund manager is open for subscriber to select.
- On successful mapping of PRAN, the subscriber will receive intimation from CRA–NSDL on the registered mobile number/e-mail ID. The time for mapping is 10 working days from the receipt of request.
The form (Request for Inter-sector Shifting) can be downloaded from NSDL website.
Subscriber can get his/her existing retail PRAN mapped to corporate by submitting the request. It is recommended that the subscriber should verify the following details of his/her PRAN by logging in to CRA website, prior to submitting the request. The details will be available under ‘Subscriber Details under tab on NSDL website.
|KYC Verification Flag||Y|
|US Person (FATCA) Flag||No/Yes (should not be blank)|
- The subscriber to fill Inter-Sector Shifting form along with a copy of PRAN card and submit to ICICI Bank RM. The form has to be authorised by the corporate.
- If the corporate has selected the scheme preference at the time of empanelment, then that scheme preference would apply to the subscribers when opening the PRAN/mapping the PRAN to corporate. Hence, the subscribers should select the same option as the corporate to avoid rejections.
- On successful mapping of PRAN, the subscriber will receive intimation from CRA–NSDL on the registered mobile number/e-mail ID.
- The request will be completed within 10 working days from the date of receipt of request.
The form (Request for Inter-sector Shifting) can be downloaded from NSDL website or will be available with ICICI Bank RM.
You can apply for Corporate NPS through ICICI Bank Internet Banking ‘Corporate subscriber’ route. By following the steps below. (Aadhaar number, photograph and signature to be kept handy to upload during NPS Account opening journey)
- Log in to Internet Banking
- Click on ‘Investments and Insurance’ tab
- Click on ‘National Pension System’
- Select ‘Corporate Subscriber Model’
- Type the first four alphabets of your Corporate’s name and select your corporate from the drop down and proceed
- Enter Subscriber ID, Date of Joining and Date of Retirement (system auto-populated with 60 years as retirement age) to proceed to form filling
- Enrol for National Pension System by filling ‘Personal details’
- Select scheme details and investment option
- Select all declaration check boxes and click on ‘submit’
- Upload photograph and signature and click on ‘submit’
- Complete the Aadhaar based e-sign
- A confirmation page will appear
- Complete the grid based verification basis ICICI Bank Debit Card
- On successful verification, Service Request ID gets generated and the request is submitted to CRA (i.e. NSDL).
Your PRAN is allotted within 48 hours by CRA. Your PRAN will be generated in freeze state. Post which, Payroll/Human Resource team will validate the PRAN and the same will get activated for contribution in the following month.
Withdrawal on Maturity
- For Retail Subscriber: Subscriber can withdraw the NPS funds at the age of 60 years.
- For Corporate Subscriber: Subscriber can withdraw the NPS funds on retirement age which is defined by their respective corporate.
However, subscribers under both the models have an option to either exit at retirement or extend the account till the age of 70 years. Upon maturity, up to 60% of accumulated corpus can be withdrawn in lump sum. The balance amount needs to be invested in annuity (pension).
- Exit from NPS before retirement can be done only after completion of minimum 10 years in NPS.
- At least 80% of the corpus needs to be utilised for purchase of annuity and the balance 20% is paid as lump sum to the subscriber.
- Upon death (irrespective of cause)
The entire accumulated NPS corpus (100%) would be paid to the nominee/legal heir of the subscriber and there would not be any purchase of annuity/monthly pension.The nominee, if so wishes, has the option to purchase annuity.
Partial withdrawals are permitted, subject to:
- Early partial withdrawals in NPS are permitted for specific purposes like child’s marriage, higher education of children, purchase or construction of residential house or flat, treatment of specified illnesses and disability more than 75%.
- Partial withdrawal up to 25% of own contribution under (All India Citizen Model) is allowed after 3 years of NPS membership, however maximum three partial withdrawals are allowed during the entire period of NPS membership.
Partial withdrawal is not allowed in Corporate NPS.
Log in to cra-nsdl.com/CRA/ and generate IPIN using Reset Password option > Instant set/reset password > fill details for PRAN and DOB and set the password/IPIN.
The detailed FAQs on corporate NPS are available on the official Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA) website and can be accessed at https://www.pfrda.org.in/myauth/admin/showimg.cshtml?ID=1405