Updated: Feb 18, 2022, 17:26 ISTShare:
Credit Linked Subsidy Scheme or CLSS is one of the components under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY), wherein the government offers interest subsidy on Home Loans taken for the construction, purchase and improvement of the house. The subsidy is targeted at economically weaker and low income groups of the society.
Buying a dream home is the goal of almost every individual. It is indeed an expensive investment for which one needs to apply for a home loan. But to make the process of loan a little less burdensome for low income groups, the government has launched a Credit Linked Subsidy Scheme (CLSS) under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana or PMAY. The scheme aims to provide an affordable housing facility to those in lower and mid-size income groups.
Before knowing the time frame to get a PMAY CLSS subsidy, let’s get to know some of its features:
- The main objective of the PMAY subsidy is to provide permanent housing for all by 2022, thereby eradicating the presence of slums
- The CLSS offers an interest subsidy of up to 6.5% to all the targeted groups that have availed Home Loans with a tenure of up to 20 years
- The interest subsidy is not the same for all:
- Those who belong to the Economically Weaker Section (EWS) - income of Rs 3 lakh per annum - are eligible to get 6.5% subsidy for loan amount up to Rs 6 lakh
- Those who belong to the LIG or Low Income Group - income ranging from Rs 3 to 6 lakh per annum - can get 6.5% interest subsidy on loan amount up to Rs 6 lakh
- Those who belong to the Middle Income Group I - income between Rs 6 to Rs 12 lakh per annum - can get a subsidy of 4% on loan amount up to Rs 9 lakh
- Those who belong to the Middle Income Group II - income between Rs 12 and 18 lakh per annum - are eligible to get a 3% interest subsidy on a loan amount of Rs 12 lakh.
- Under PMAY, the CLSS benefit can be availed by a beneficiary who wishes to purchase a new home from the builder of the house or wants to construct a new home or upgrade from a kaccha to a pucca house
- To be eligible for the benefits of the interest subsidy, your family’s overall income earned is taken into consideration.
The targeted groups (EWS, LIG, MIG, minorities and women) can apply for the CLSS subsidy online at PMAY’s official website (http://pmaymis.gov.in) or by visiting any state-run government-cum common service centre by filling up a form for just Rs 25 + Goods and Services Tax (GST). Once you apply for the scheme, you can check the status of the PMAY subsidy online by visiting PMAY official website.
On the website, you need to click on ‘track assessment status’, where you will see two options:
- By Name, Father’s Name and Mobile number
- By Assessment ID
How long will it take to get a PMAY Subsidy?
If you have applied for the CLSS subsidy, it takes anywhere between 3-4 months to get the subsidy amount, once the verification is complete.
The PMAY credit linked subsidy scheme is a great initiative by the government to reduce the burden of a Home Loan. Once the subsidy amount gets credited into the account for the beneficiary, they can proceed with the remaining repayment of the loan amount, thus reducing the outstanding amount. With the government offering its support to economically weaker sections of the society and home loan interest rates going down to 6.90%, you can think of building a permanent house for yourself and your loved ones.
For disclaimer, Click Here.