6 Simple Steps To Setting A Wedding Budget
August 28, 2020
Your wedding will be the biggest party you will ever host in your life. To plan such an unforgettable event, you need to set a realistic budget. Read to know what steps you can take to plan a wedding budget to have a financially stable life after.
There is a lot that goes into organising a perfect wedding event. Right from selecting a place, attire, jewellery to inviting guests, it requires immense time and energy that will keep you on toes. You need to decide what amount you need, how much you will spend and how much you will save.
Steps to Set a Wedding Budget:
- Finance is a Priority: When you're planning for once in a lifetime ceremony, you need to have that much funds as a back-up. Wedding is a special day in anyone's life; hence you need to be prepared for the day. You can put your money in iWish Recurring Deposits or Fixed Deposits at ICICI Bank.
- Wedding Contributors: You should know who are the ones contributing for the big day, whether it is your fiancé/parents or a friend. Allocate a specific amount of money for each segment of your wedding.
- Early Bookings: One of the easy ways to offset wedding cost is booking your flights, hotels, venue, wedding planner, beauty specialist in advance. Bookings will save you from extra charges and expenses.
- Managing Surprises: When you manage so many tasks, you may tend to overlook surprise expenses such as vendor transportation, appreciation tip for planners, organisers and caterers, guests transportation, etc. To handle such costs, you can use ICICI Bank Credit Card for an easy purchase. The bank offers various Credit Cards that will be useful for each milestone of your life. By gaining rewards and discounts on the car, you can book flights or hotels for honeymoon.
- Estimate Your Guest Count: This is a crucial part of your wedding as the cost of the event is mostly about the guest count. Identify how many guests you will be inviting to your wedding. The guest count will help to determine how much you need to pay for food, invitation cards, chairs, tables and the size of the venue.
- Priority Spending: You and your partner will have different opinions about how much weightage should be given to specific items. However, you will need to ascertain, which is the top item of your priority list. Maybe, in this case, you can set aside a bigger percentage for that item, which is super important for the event.
With the above steps, you can organise a perfect wedding within a budget. Just keep your budget flexible to add or remove an item that would be required in time.
The contents of this document are meant merely for information purposes. The information contained herein is subject to updation, completion, revision, verification and amendment and the same may change materially. The information provided herein is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person in any jurisdiction where such distribution or use would (by reason of that person‘s nationality, residence or otherwise) be contrary to law or regulation or would subject lClCl Bank or its affiliates to any licensing or registration requirements. This document is not an offer, invitation or solicitation of any kind to buy or sell any security and is not intended to create any rights or obligations. Nothing in this document is intended to constitute legal, tax, securities or investment advice, or opinion regarding the appropriateness of any investment, or a solicitation for any product or service. Please obtain professional legal, tax and other investment advice before making any investment. Any investment decisions that may be made by you shall be at your sole discretion, independent analysis and at your own evaluation of the risks involved. The use of any information set out in this document is entirely at the recipient's own risk. The information set out in this document has been prepared by ICICI Bank based upon projections which have been determined in good faith by lClCl Bank and from sources deemed reliable. There can be no assurance that such projections will prove to be accurate. lClCl Bank does not accept any responsibility for any errors whether caused by negligence or otherwise or for any loss or damage incurred by anyone in reliance on anything set out in this document. The information set out in this document has been prepared by ICICI Bank based upon projections which have been determined in good faith and sources considered reliable by lClCl Bank. In preparing this document we have relied upon and assumed, without independent verification, the accuracy and completeness of all information available from public sources or which was provided to us or which was otherwise reviewed by us. Past performance cannot be a guide to future performance. 'lClCl ' and the 'I-man' logo are the trademarks and property of lCICl Bank. Misuse of any intellectual property, or any other content displayed herein is strictly prohibited.