ICICI Bank launches four new next generation mobile banking apps
September 22, 2014
- First bank in the country to launch apps for branch transactions and video banking for NRIs
- Also launches ICICI Store to house all apps of the Group
Mumbai: ICICI Bank, the country's largest private sector bank, today announced the launch of four new mobile banking apps to offer its customers an enhanced banking experience.
The ICICI Store app will enable customers to easily view all Mobile apps introduced by ICICI group in one place. Using the other apps launched today, the customers can initiate a transaction before visiting a branch, connect with a service executive over video call and view their transactions over the last 30 days on their mobile phones. The new apps are available for download on Google Play store and shall shortly be available on the Apple app store.
Speaking at the launch, Ms. Chanda Kochhar, MD & CEO, ICICI Bank, said, “We continue to leverage technology to provide a world-class banking experience to our customers. ICICI Bank has pioneered many innovative solutions for its customers like internet, mobile, Tab and Touch banking among others. With these new mobile banking applications, we will offer our customers a unique and unparalleled experience in their interactions with the Bank. These new initiatives are yet another testimony of our deep commitment to the philosophy of ‘khayaal aapka’- where we put our customers’ needs as the focal point of our business. I believe these apps will further propel the growth of mobile banking in the country”
The Bank is the pioneer in mobile banking. It launched the country’s first mobile banking application, ‘iMobile’ in 2008. The Bank is the leader in mobile banking with close to onefourth of market share by value of transactions. In June, it became the first bank to cross the milestone of Rs 1000 crore worth of transactions in a month.
The key highlights of the apps being launched today are:
- ICICI Store: It’s an app store designed to give users an aggregate view of all mobile banking applications, launched by the ICICI Group. This store, which is the first among banks in India, will facilitate easy selection, download and upgrade of the ICICI Group apps.
- Insta Banking: A first-of-its- kind app in the country, it aims to reduce time spent in filling up paper work for commonly used transactions in a bank branch. Using this app, a customer can process his desired transactions any time, upto seven days prior to visiting the branch. When the customer visits a branch to complete the transaction, it will be executed on priority. A host of financial and non-financial transactions can be initiated on the app, namely cash deposit, cash withdrawal, request for demand draft, updation of personal information like communication address, PAN and email id among others.
- Video Banking: This mobile app enables the Bank’s Wealth and NRI customers to carry out a video chat with the customer care executives round-the-clock on all days from anywhere. Using the app, the customers can resolve their day-to-day banking queries and get information related to products and offers.
- mPassbook: This app helps customers to view their recent savings, credit card and PPF account transactions on their mobile phone itself. The users can receive real-time updates of transactions and also add remarks on the transactions for easy tracking. This app will show the transactions even without mobile internet services.
These initiatives follow an array of digital initiatives by the Bank, including cardless cash withdrawal, ‘iLoans’ for accessing loan account details, ‘iTrack’ for tracking dispatches, ‘Pockets by ICICI Bank’ - the world’s most comprehensive banking application on Facebook, iMobile for Windows phones and an upgraded internet banking platform that provides customised and personalised views. The Bank has also redesigned a website to offer a seamless experience across devices like desktops, mobiles and tablets.
The Bank services its large customer base through a multi-channel delivery network of 3763 branches, the largest among private sector banks in the country; 11447 ATMs, call center, internet banking (www.icicibank.com), mobile banking and Facebook banking an on June 30, 2014.
For more details, visit http://www.icicibank.com/mobile-banking/banking-mobile-app.page
About ICICI Bank Ltd: ICICI Bank Limited (NYSE:IBN) is India's largest private sector bank with consolidated total assets of US$ 124.5 billion at June 30, 2014. ICICI Bank's subsidiaries include India's leading private sector insurance companies and among its largest securities brokerage firms, mutual funds and private equity firms. ICICI Bank's presence currently spans 19 countries, including India.
For news and updates about ICICI Bank, visit www.icicibank.com and follow us on www.twitter.com/ICICIBank.
Except for the historical information contained herein, statements in this release, which contain words or phrases such as 'will', 'would', etc., and similar expressions or variations of such expressions may constitute 'forward looking statements'. These forward-looking statements involve a number of risks, uncertainties and other factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those suggested by the forward-looking statements. These risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to our ability to obtain statutory and regulatory approvals and to successfully implement our strategy, future levels of nonperforming loans, our growth and expansion in business, the adequacy of our allowance for credit losses, technological implementation and changes, the actual growth in demand for banking products and services, investment income, cash flow projections, our exposure to market risks as well as other risks detailed in the reports filed by us with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission. ICICI Bank undertakes no obligation to update forward-looking statements to reflect events or circumstances after the date thereof. All reference to interest rates, penalties and other terms and conditions for any products and services described herein are correct as of the date of the release of this document and are subject to change without notice. The information in this document reflects prevailing conditions and our views as of this date, all of which is expressed without any responsibility on our part and is subject to change. In preparing this document, we have relied upon and assumed, without independent verification, the accuracy and completeness of all information available from public sources. ICICI Bank and the "I man" logo are the trademarks and property of ICICI Bank. Any reference to the time of delivery or other service levels is only indicative and should not be construed to refer to any commitment by us. The information contained in this document is directed to and for the use of the addressee only and is for the purpose of general circulation only.
For Press Queries:
Senior General Manager & Head - Corporate Communications and Brand Group
ICICI Bank Ltd,
Bandra Kurla Complex, Mumbai – 400051
Email – email@example.com