- Access to 15000+ ATMs, across India
- No minimum Monthly Average Balance (MAB) required
- No initial deposit is needed to open your account
- Offers a single or joint mode of holding
- You get a free Rupay Debit Card facility
- You can get free cash deposits
- You get a free passbook facility
- Internet Banking and Mobile Banking are available, on request
- You are an Indian resident, above 18 years of age (NRIs are not eligible to open this account)
- You do not hold any other Savings Account, including a BSBDA with us
- You do not hold a BSBDA with any other bank
- You are applying for the account in your individual capacity and not in the capacity of the Karta of a Hindu Undivided Family (HUF)
Complete KYC documents
- Photo ID proof as per the Bank's acceptable list of documents. PAN Card issued in India is no longer considered a valid proof of identity.
- Address proof as per the Bank's acceptable list of documents
- A duly filled account opening form
- Declaration form, for basic Savings Account, filled by the customer.
Note: Accounts opened with complete KYC will not have a cap on credit transaction limits. All the other features will remain the same.
Self attested photograph and signature/ thumbprint
You can open a Basic Savings - Small Deposit Account, by submitting a self-attested photograph and signature/thumbprint, if:
- You are a resident individual, and you do not have complete KYC documents like:
- Photo ID proof as per the Bank's acceptable list of documents
- Address proof as per the Bank's acceptable list of documents
- At the time of account opening, if you are unable to provide complete KYC documents,
- you can provide evidence, within 12 months from the date of opening your account, of having applied for any KYC document as specified by ICICI Bank
- You can provide a valid KYC document, within 24 months from the date of opening your account
Credit freeze status
A Basic Savings - Small Deposit Account is tagged as ‘credit freeze’, if the customer fails to provide valid KYC documents, or the evidence of having applied for valid KYC documents to the Bank, within 12 months of opening the account.
- A Basic Savings - Small Deposit Account will be in a freeze state if:
- Value of all credits in the account during the financial year exceeds Rs 1,00,000, or
- Day end account balance exceeds Rs 50,000, or
- Total withdrawals in a month exceed Rs 10,000, or
- The customer is unable to submit valid KYC documents to the Bank, within 24 months of opening the account.
**New account opening under Basic Savings Bank Account with introduction, has been discontinued.
BSBDA opened under Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY)
A basic Savings Account opened under the Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY), is a plan for the ‘National Mission for Financial Inclusion’ launched by The Department of Financial Services (DFS), Ministry of Finance, Government of India. This plan will ensure access to financial services and provide timely and adequate credit to the excluded sections.
- Free passbook
- Free personalised Rupay Debit Card
- Free cheque leaves
Service Charges & Fees
|Available to||All Cities|
|Eligibility||All Indian residents|
|Minimum Monthly Average Balance (MAB)||Nil|
|Charges for non-maintenance of MAB||Nil|
|Cash Transaction Charges (Cumulative of Deposit and Withdrawal)||Nil|
|ATM interchange (transactions at Non-ICICI Bank ATMs)||Nil|
|Transactions at ICICI Bank ATMs/Cash Recycler Machines (cash withdrawals)||Nil|
|Issue of DD drawn on ICICI Bank by cheque/transfer||Nil|
|Statement||Passbook facility available free of cost|
|Debit Card annual fees||Nil|
|Debit Card limit||Daily spending/withdrawal limit: Rs 10,000/ Rs 10,000|
|Charges for Multicity cheque payment||Nil|
|Value Added SMS alert facility
(For transactions other than specified by regulatory guidelines, sms alerts will be triggered only if the transaction value is greater than Rs.5,000)
|Outstation cheque collection – through ICICI Bank branch locations||Nil|
|Outstation cheque collection – through Non-ICICI Bank branch locations||Nil|
|National Automated Clearing House (NACH) Mandate. One time mandate authorisation charges (physical/online).||Nil|
|Deliverable returned by courier||Nil|
|Deliverables at branches||Nil|
|Address change request at branches||Nil|
|Cash deposit charges - Cash Acceptor/Recycler machines||Nil|
- Common service charges applicable to all Savings Account variants except for Wealth Management/Private Banking and the ones mentioned above. Click here.
- Taxes at prevailing rates as per Government rules shall be applicable over and above the mentioned charges. The charges indicated above are subject to periodic revision.
Can I open a Basic Savings Bank Account as a joint account?
Basic Savings Bank Account can be opened as a joint account.
How can I change the nominee(s) for my ICICI Bank Basic Savings Bank Account?
You can change the nominee(s) by making a declaration to that effect, in the appropriate form, which is available at any ICICI Bank Branch.
What are nomination facilities available on a Basic Savings Bank Account?
Nomination facility available for on the Basic Savings Bank Account are:
- There can be only one Nominee for a Deposit Account, whether held singly or jointly
- A person legally empowered to operate a minor's account can file a nomination on behalf of the minor
- Applicants can make a nomination by filling up the form prescribed under the Banking Companies (Nomination) Rules 1985
- The nomination details can be changed during the subsistence of the account relationship by filling up the Form, prescribed under the Banking Companies (Nomination) Rules 1985
- For more details, visit any of our branches
Disclaimer - *ICICI Bank may, at its sole discretion, utilise the services of external service provider/s or agent/s and on such terms, as required or necessary, in relation to its products.
The products, services and offers referred to, herein, are subject to the terms and conditions governing them, as specified by ICICI Bank from time to time at www.icicibank.com. Nothing contained, herein, shall constitute or be deemed to constitute an advice, invitation or solicitation to purchase any products/services of ICICI Bank. "ICICI" and "I-man" logos are the trademark and property of ICICI Bank Ltd. Misuse of any intellectual property, or any other content displayed herein is strictly prohibited.