Contribution to PM-CARES Fund
Keeping in mind the need for having a dedicated national fund with the primary objective of dealing with any kind of emergency or distress situation, like posed by the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic, and to provide relief to the affected, a public charitable trust under the name of ‘Prime Minister’s Citizen Assistance and Relief in Emergency Situations (PM CARES) Fund’ has been set up. ICICI Bank has been authorised, as a contribution collection banking partner for PM CARES Fund.
Citizens and organisations can donate to PM CARES Fund using the following details (ICICI Bank, as of now is accepting only domestic contribution):
Contribution receipts for donation made to PM CARES Funds (exempted under Section 80G), can be downloaded from ‘PM CARES’ website (www.pmcares.gov.in) by entering the required details under ‘Print Receipt’ section of the portal.
Terms and Conditions:
- Participation in the PM CARES Fund campaign by the customer(s) is on a voluntary basis.
- The amount once donated by the customer shall not be reversed by ICICI Bank under any circumstances.
- The initiative of the campaign belongs to the Prime Minister’s office. ICICI Bank is merely a facilitator of the campaign and will promote the campaign through its various channels to enable its customers to make donations.
- Prime Minister’s office will also be responsible for the disbursement and utilisation of the amount donated by the customers.
- The campaign is subject to applicable Indian laws and such other terms and conditions pertaining to PM CARES Fund available on their website www.pmcares.gov.in and on ICICI Bank's website www.icicibank.com.
- All disputes are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the competent courts/tribunals of Mumbai. However, ICICI Bank reserves the right to approach any other court or tribunal of competent jurisdiction.