Terms and Conditions Governing Smart Secure Savings Account for Retail Customers
Last Updated : 28th February, 2017
These terms ("Terms") are applicable for usage of Smart Secure Savings Account (“Product”) offered to the retail customers. These terms are in addition to and not in derogation to the Terms and Conditions as may be applicable to the Savings Account (“Primary Terms”) and Terms and Conditions as may be applicable to each other attachment products (“Additional Terms”) defined below.
In these Terms, the following words and phrases shall have the meaning stated hereunder unless indicated otherwise:
"Attachment Products" mean Life Insurance Group Term Plan, General Insurance Group Personal Accident Plan, Demat and Trading Account and Expressions Debit Card;
"MAB" mean Monthly Average Balance that the Customer may be required to maintain as per these Terms;
"Smart Secure Savings Account" or "Product" mean a combination of Savings Bank Account, Life Insurance Group Term Plan, General Insurance Group Personal Accident Plan, Demat and Trading Account and Expressions Debit Card;
- All references to singular include plural and vice versa and the word "includes" should be construed as "without limitation".
- Words importing any gender include the other gender.
- Reference to any statute, ordinance or other law includes all regulations and other instruments and all consolidations, amendments, re-enactments or replacements for the time being in force.
- All headings, bold typing and italics (if any) have been inserted for convenience of reference only and do not define limit or affect the meaning or interpretation of these Terms.
- Words “ICICI Bank”, “the Bank”, refer to ICICI Bank Limited having its registered office at ICICI Bank Tower, Near Chakli Circle, Old Padra Road, Vadodara, 390 007, Gujarat.
These Terms, Primary Terms and Additional Terms forms the express contract between the Customer and ICICI Bank. The Customer shall apply to ICICI Bank in the prescribed form for opening the Smart Secure Savings Account. By applying, the Customer acknowledges that he / she has /have read understood and accepted these terms and conditions.
- 3.1 Eligibility Criteria
- 3.1.1 Product available to resident Indian in age group of 18 to 45 years.
- 3.1.2 Customer shall take the following Attachment Products to avail the benefits of Smart Secure Savings Account:
- Life Insurance Group Term Plan ("GTP") with annual premium of Rs 1800/- (Rupees Eighteen Hundred Only), which shall be deducted through standing instruction/ debit authorization for initial five years. This amount will be deducted once the Savings Account is activated and will be further debited each year as per the standing instruction/ debit authorization given by the customer. Cover will be offered by ICICI Prudential Life Insurance Company under ICICI Prudential Group Term Plus plan (UIN: 105N119V04) which is a one year group term insurance plan. Sum assured shall be as mentioned in the Certificate of Insurance and will become payable as per written instructions given by the Customer.
- General Insurance Group Personal Accident Plan ("GPA") with annual premium of Rs 200/- (Rupees Two Hundred only) or Rs 500/- (Rupees Five Hundred only), which shall be deducted through standing instruction/ debit authorization for initial five (5) years. This amount will be deducted once the Savings Account is activated and will be further debited each year as per the standing instruction/ debit authorization given by the Customer. Cover will be offered by ICICI Lombard Insurance Company for Accidental Death and Permanent Total Disablement with a sum assured of Rs 4,00,000/- (Rupees Four Lacs only) or Rs 10,00,000/- (Rupees Ten Lacs only).
- Expression Debit Card ("EDC") with annual fee of Rs. 499/- (Rupees Four Hundred Ninety Nine only) plus GST for Normal EDC or Rs 799/- (Rupees Seven Ninety Nine only) plus gst for Coral EDC, which shall be deducted upon the activation of Savings Account. The EDC shall be issued by ICICI Bank. If the Smart Secure Savings Account is sourced through i-Kit mode then for the first year no separate debit card fees will be charged.
- Demat & Trading Account ("DTA") to integrate Customer’s banking account with the Demat and Trading Account. In case, Customer’s application for opening the Demat and Trading Account gets rejected, the benefit of nil MAB requirement under the Smart Secure Savings Account shall not get affected, provided the Customer fulfills all other eligibility criteria.
- 3.1.3 The Customer will have to open the Smart Secure Savings Account with minimum account opening charges of Rs. 1,05,000/- (Rupees One Lakh Five Thousand only). This shall include first year charges of Life Insurance Group Term Plan, General Insurance Group Personal Accident Plan, Demat and Trading Account and Expressions Debit Card, which shall be debited upon Savings Account opening pursuant to the standing instruction/debit authorization.
- 3.2 Benefits
- 3.2.1 Monthly Average Balance (MAB) requirement for the Savings Account will be waived till the time Customer makes timely payment of all Attachment Products without any default.
- 3.2.2 Applicable brokerage pursuant to the Demat and Trading Account shall be waived for the Customer.
- 3.2.3 Coverage will be given to the customer as per the terms and conditions of Life Insurance Group Term Plan, General Insurance Group Personal Accident Plan for a period of five (5) years, subject to payment of requisite annual premium and due adherence to the terms and conditions as applicable.
- 3.2.4 Waiver of DD/PO charges for up to Rs.1,00,000/- (Rupees One Lac/ day).
- 3.2.5 Fifteen percent (15%) discount on annual fee for safe deposit lockers.
- 3.2.6 Free unlimited access to any bank’s ATMs.
- 3.2.7 Free of cost anywhere banking services.
- 3.2.8 Free unlimited cash transactions at base branches (branches in same city).
- 3.2.9 Preferential rates for gold coins.
- 3.2.10 Better rates for foreign exchange services.
- 3.2.11 Special asset deals from time to time.
- 3.3 Other Benefits
- 3.3.1 Once the Customer attains the age of Fifty (50) years and if he/ she has never defaulted (i.e maintained the eligibility criteria throughout) then the Customer will be eligible not to maintain required MAB in subsequent years. However, if the Customer wish to enjoy all other benefits of Smart Secure Savings Account, he/she shall have to pay applicable premiums, charges and fees.
- 3.4 The benefits associated with Smart Secure Savings Account is being offered by ICICI Bank at its sole discretion and the same can be altered/modified or terminated at any point of time by ICICI Bank, subject to these Terms.
4.1 The Attachment Products request will only be processed upon activation of the Savings Account.
4.2 An annual debit will be made towards payments for the Attachment Products basis the standing instructions provided by the Customer in the application form(s).
4.3 If the customer defaults in making any payment(s) towards any of the Attachment Products at any point of time, the customer will have to maintain the MAB as applicable with immediate effect. In such case, the account will be automatically converted to Silver Savings Account variant and the benefits shall deemed to be forfeited with no further notification. Post account modification, customer will have to maintain MAB criteria as applicable to avoid default charges.
4.4 Under this Product, if the Savings Account once converted into the silver savings account variant, it cannot be restored again to Smart Secure Savings Account.
4.5 The Smart Secure Savings Account is subject to the terms and conditions of each individual Attachment Product. ICICI Bank shall endeavor to give reasonable notice of such alternations/modifications or termination of the Product but shall not be bound to do so.
4.6 In case, the Customer do not abide by any provision(s) of the Terms, Primary Terms and Additional Terms including failure to make timely payment of premium(s) for the Attachment Products throughout the tenure of the relationship then, the waiver of requirement of MAB will cease to apply and accordingly, the Customer shall be required to maintain an required MAB and his account will be auto-converted to Silver Savings Account variant. Consequently, the Customer will be required to maintain the MAB as applicable.
4.7 ICICI Bank is merely soliciting the Attachment Products by collecting the application form and other details and is in no way responsible and liable for queries, claims or other concerns pertaining to any of the Attachment Products.
4.8 ICICI Banks decision on all matters relating to the Product shall be final and binding on all Customers. ICICI Bank reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to vary, delete or add to any of these terms and conditions from time to time or to suspend or terminate the Product at any time without prior notice or liability to any person.
4.9 Customer has the choice to opt for any of the products on a standalone basis with any other Savings account.
ICICI Bank shall have the absolute discretion to amend or supplement any of the Terms at any time. ICICI Bank may communicate the amended Terms by hosting the same on the Website or in any other manner as decided by ICICI Bank. The Customer shall be responsible for regularly reviewing these Terms including amendments thereto as may be posted on the Website.
ICICI Bank shall neither be responsible nor be liable for and towards any claims, services, and/or any product offerings of any third party, including ICICI Prudential Life Insurance Company and ICICI Lombard Insurance Company.
The laws of India shall govern these Terms. The Parties hereby agree that any legal action or proceedings arising out of the Terms shall be brought in the courts or tribunals at Mumbai in India and irrevocably submit themselves to the jurisdiction of such courts and tribunals. ICICI Bank may, however, in its absolute discretion, commence any legal action or proceedings arising out of the Terms in any other court, tribunal or other appropriate forum, and the user hereby consents to that jurisdiction.
For terms and conditions applicable on the ICICI Bank Savings Account, please click here.
For terms and conditions applicable on the Life Insurance Group Term Plan, please click here.
For terms and conditions applicable on the General Insurance Group Personal Accident Plan, please click here.
For terms and conditions applicable on Demat and Trading Account, please click here.