|Sr. No.||Benefits||Sum Customer||Deductible|
|1||Emergency Hospitalization expenses||*As per Plan Opted||USD 100|
|2||Repatriation of Remains||USD 7,500||NIL|
|3||Dental Treatment||USD 300||USD 100|
|4||Personal Accident||USD 15,000||NIL|
|5||Total Loss of Checked Baggage||USD 500||NIL|
|6||Delay of Checked Baggage||USD 100||12 Hours|
|7||Passport Loss||USD 300|
|8||Trip Cancellation and Interruption||USD 350||USD 100|
|9||Trip Delay||USD 350||8 Hours|
|10||Missed (Flight) Connection||USD 350||USD 100|
|11||Financial Emergency Allowance||USD 1,000||NIL|
|12||Personal Liability||USD 1,00,000||NIL|
|13||Hijack Distress Allowance||USD 125/day max of 7 days||12 Hours|
|14||Emergency Hotel Extension||USD 5,000||NIL|
|15||Compassionate Visit||USD 5000||NIL|
Detailed Terms and Conditions
- Customer” shall mean ICICI Bank customers between the age group of 1 to 70 years.
- “Company” shall mean ICICI Lombard General Insurance Co.
- “Offer Period” shall mean the trip duration selected by the Customer.
- “Offer” shall mean the policy offered to Customer travelling abroad which will indemnify him against losses occurring during the Offer Period.
- All capitalized terms used but not defined herein shall have the respective meanings prescribed to them in the Primary Terms and Conditions. These terms ("Terms") shall be in addition to and not in derogation of the Primary Terms and Conditions. To the extent of any inconsistency between these Terms and Primary Terms and Conditions, these Terms shall prevail.
II. Offer Construct:
Additional information regarding Travel Insurance Policy
KEY BENEFITS AND FEATURES OF THE POLICY:
- This covers the expenses incurred by the Customer during hospitalization for availing immediate medical assistance required on account of any illness contracted or injury sustained whilst on a trip abroad.
Medical Evacuation or Repatriation of Remains
- “Medical Evacuation” covers the cost incurred for an ambulance or any other emergency transportation and evacuation services, reasonably incurred for injury sustained or illness contracted whilst on the trip abroad.
- “Repatriation of Remains” covers the cost of transporting the remains of the deceased Customer back to the Country of Residence or Place of Origin or, up to an equivalent amount, for a local burial or cremation in the place where the death has occurred.
- This covers the cost of medical expenses incurred in connection with any injury or illness to the natural tooth or teeth of the Customer during the trip.
- Personal Accident compensates the Customer in the event of the Customer meeting with an accident during the policy period that results in his death or permanent total disability.
Loss of Checked-In Baggage
- The Company shall pay the Customer for the sum as mentioned against this Benefit 6 in Part I of the Schedule to the Policy for value of the Checked-In Baggage lost whilst in custody of the Common Carrier during the Trip covered hereunder. The coverage shall commence from the time the Checked-In Baggage is entrusted to the Common Carrier and a receipt obtained, and shall terminate on delivery by the Common Carrier against surrender of the receipt at the Place of Destination/ City of Residence, as the case may be provided that the cover shall in no case exist beyond the point of delivery by the Common Carrier at the arrival terminal / exit gate. The cover shall be available only if the entire Checked-In Baggage is permanently lost by the Common Carrier
- The liability of the Company in so far as it relates to a single Checked-In Baggage being part of more than one Checked-In Baggage attached to the ticket of the Customer, shall be restricted to 50% of the Sum Customer specified in the Part I of the Schedule of the Policy. The compensation will not exceed the Sum Customer for the coverage as mentioned in Part I of the Schedule hereto.
- The cover shall be applicable individually and independently in case of Trip involving multi destinations en-route
Checked-In Baggage Delay
- The Company shall pay the Customer for the sum as specified for the coverage in the Schedule I of the Policy as a fixed allowance in case the Customer shall encounter a delay in receipt of the Checked-In Baggage beyond the period as specified in the Part I of the Schedule from the scheduled / expected time of delivery by the Common Carrier.
- Provided that such allowance for the Delay of Checked-in Baggage shall be paid only in event the delay is for more than 6 Hours (for Geographical scope of cover within India)/ 12 Hours (for Geographical scope of cover outside India) or the number of hours stated against the benefit as Deductible in the Part I of the Schedule to the Policy.
- For the purpose of this benefit, delay shall be considered to be the time lapsed from the actual time of arrival of the Common Carrier and the receipt of the Checked-In Baggage by the Customer.
- The cover shall be applicable individually and independently in case of Trip involving multi destinations en-route, provided that, in event of more than one incident of delay of Checked-in Baggage during the Trip, the Company’s overall liability shall be limited to loss suffered for two such incidents of delay of Checked-In Baggage.
- Reimbursement of additional expenses incurred, if trip is delayed for more than 8 hours due to terrorism, cancellation or rescheduling of flights by Common Carrier, or any natural peril.
Missed (Flight) Connection
- This covers the Customer in case of failure of the Customer to access the connecting flight, arising out of and consequent upon the delayed arrival of the earlier flight/ common carrier caused by reasons beyond the control of the Customer.
Loss of Passport
- In the event that the passport belonging to the Customer is lost, the Company will reimburse the Customer for actual expenses necessarily and reasonably incurred in connection with obtaining a duplicate or fresh passport.
Trip Cancellation & Interruption
- This covers the official cancellation charges and the additional transportation expenses incurred by the Customer to return to the place of origin, for the trip being cancelled / interrupted due to natural perils, or death or emergency hospitalization of Customer or Customer’s immediate family member.
- Personal Liability covers the Customer against legal liability for bodily injury or property damage to third parties on account of an accident occurring anytime during the trip or within the policy period.
Financial Emergency Allowance
- In the event of the Customer facing a financial emergency as a result of the accidental loss of money held by him / her, at any time during the trip covered under the Policy, the Company shall pay a sum as a fixed allowance.
Hijack Distress Allowance
- This coverage provides compensation in case the Common Carrier in which the Customer is traveling as a passenger during the trip is subjected to a hijack, and that the Common Carrier with all the passengers thereon is held captive by the hijackers.
- This covers the expenses for the special assistance rendered by an immediate family member of the Customer, in event of the Customer being hospitalized for more than 5 days due to any injury sustained or illness contacted during the trip
- “Pre-Existing Illness” shall mean and include any condition, ailment or injury or related condition(s) for which you had signs or symptoms, and / or were diagnosed, and / or received medical advice / treatment within 48 months to prior to the first policy issued by the insurer. Complications arising from such pre-existing disease will be considered part of that Preexisting Illness.
- The Company shall not be liable for the following
- This Policy does not cover (not applicable to policies covering dwellings) a. The first 5% of each and every claim subject to a minimum of Rs.10,000 in respect of each and every loss arising out of ?Act of God perils? such as Lightning, STFI, Subsidence, Landslide and Rock slide covered under the policy b. The first Rs. 10,000 for each and every loss arising out of other perils in respect of which the Customer is indemnified by this policy The Excess shall apply per event per Customer.
- Loss, destruction or damage caused by war, invasion, act of foreign enemy hostilities or war like operations (whether war be declared or not), civil war, mutiny, civil commotion assuming the proportions of or amounting to a popular rising, military rising, rebellion, revolution, insurrection or military or usurped power.
- Loss, destruction or damage directly or indirectly caused to the property Customer by a. Ionizing radiations or contamination by radioactivity from any nuclear fuel or from any nuclear waste from the combustion of nuclear fuel b. The radioactive, toxic, explosive or other hazardous properties of any explosive nuclear assembly or nuclear component thereof
- Loss, destruction or damage caused to the Customer property by pollution or contamination excluding a. Pollution or contamination which itself results from a peril hereby Customer against. b. Any peril hereby Customer against which itself results from pollution or contamination
- Loss, destruction or damage to bullion or unset precious stones, any curios or works of art for an amount exceeding Rs. 10000/-, manuscripts, plans, drawings, securities, obligations or documents of any kind, stamps, coins or paper Money, cheques, books of accounts or other business books, computer systems records, explosives unless otherwise expressly stated in the policy.
- Loss, destruction or damage to the stocks in Cold Storage premises caused by change of temperature.
- Loss, destruction or damage to any electrical machine, apparatus, fixture, or fitting arising from or occasioned by over-running, excessive pressure, short circuiting, arcing, self-heating or leakage of electricity from whatever cause (lightning included) provided that this exclusion shall apply only to the particular electrical machine, apparatus, fixture or fitting so affected and not to other machines, apparatus, fixtures or fittings which may be destroyed or damaged by fire so set up.
- Expenses necessarily incurred on a. Architects, Surveyors and Consulting Engineer's Fees and b. Debris Removal by the Customer following a loss, destruction or damage to the Property Customer by a Customer peril in excess of 3% and 1% of the claim amount respectively.
Free look period
- A free look period of 15 days from the date of receipt of the Policy is available for reviewing the policy terms and conditions. In case the Policy Holder disagrees to any of the terms or conditions of the Policy, he has the option to return the Policy by giving a written notice to ICICI Lombard or calling on 1800 2666 stating the reasons for his objection. Customer will be entitled to a refund of the premium paid, subject only to a deduction of the expenses incurred by ICICI Lombard on medical examination of the Customer and the stamp duty charges. In case the request for cancellation comes 30 days after the Policy Period start date, pro-rata refund of premium would be paid.
For complete list of coverages and exclusions please refer to the Policy Wordings.
ICICI Bank Limited (“ICICI Bank”) with registered office at ICICI Bank Tower, Near Chakli Circle, Old Padra Road, Vadodara, 390 007, Gujarat (CIN: L65190GJ1994PLC021012) Toll Free No. 1860 120 7777 is only a Corporate Agent (Composite, IRDAI Regn No.: CA0112 valid till March 31, 2022) of ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company Limited having its registered office at ICICI Lombard House, 414, Veer Savarkar Marg, Near Siddhivinayak Temple, Prabhadevi, Mumbai 400025. IRDAI Reg. No. 115. Toll Free No. 1800 2666. Fax No. 022 61961323, CIN: L67200MH2000PLC129408. Email - email@example.com, Website - www.icicilombard.com.
Enrolment by ICICI Bank’s customer of any insurance products is purely voluntary, and is not linked to availment of any other facility from ICICI Bank.
BEWARE OF SPURIOUS PHONE CALLS AND FICTITIOUS/FRAUDULENT OFFERS
- IRDAI is not involved in activities like selling insurance policies, announcing bonus or investment of premiums.
- Public receiving such phone calls are requested to lodge a police complaint.