Send money using Pay to Contact on iMobile Pay
We have simplified things for you! You no longer need to remember Bank Account Numbers, IFSC codes or VPA details to send money to friends.
iMobile Pay allows you to transfer funds to any of your contacts, irrespective of the Payment apps they are using. All you have to do is enter their mobile number, select the UPI ID linked to the receiver’s number and transfer the funds seamlessly. All this, with the added security and safety of ICICI Bank.
Follow these steps to send money using Pay to Contact on iMobile Pay:
- Open iMobile Pay, click on 'UPI Payments' and go to 'Pay to Contact'
- Enter the mobile number of the person you wish to send the money to and select the UPI ID
- Enter the amount, click on 'Submit' and enter your 4-digit PIN to complete the money transfer.
You can also select the mobile number from the contacts on your device and mention the reason for sending money.
Your contact whom the money has been sent to, will receive an SMS and a Push notification, informing them about the transaction.
That's it! Sending money to a contact is as simple through iMobile Pay. Try now!
Watch a demo video on sending money to your contacts using iMobile Pay
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- What if my contact is registered with some other payment app?
- With iMobile Pay, you can send money to any contact with any payment app such as Phone Pe, G Pay, Paytm, Amazon Pay, BHIM, or any other banking app.
- When someone transfers money to my mobile number, will the amount be credited to one of my accounts?
- When someone sends you money to your mobile number using iMobile Pay, they can select your UPI ID on which you want the money to be transferred. You will receive the money in your bank account linked to that UPI ID.
- Can I cancel a payment?
- Any payment made through UPI is instant and cannot be cancelled or reversed once the UPI PIN has been entered.
- Why can’t I see any VPAs after selecting the contact?
- Payment to any contact can be made only if that contact has a UPI ID associated with a bank. Please check with your contact if they have a UPI ID linked with a bank.
- While Sending Money Via Contact, the Account Holder Name and UPI ID are different. Are they the same person?
- When you enter a contact, the Account Holder’s name (as mentioned in the bank’s system) will be displayed. This is for you to cross check that the sender and the bank account to which you want to send money are the same. In case they appear different, please re-confirm the VPA of the receiver. Money once sent through iMobile Pay cannot be reversed.