5 Health Insurance Travel Tips To Know Before You Travel
The significance of having a travel health insurance becomes even more relevant as health issues can arise anytime even during travel. Read further about five health insurance travel tips before you start travelling.
Do you travel frequently? Are you covered under any travel health insurance? If no, then you need to buy one as medical contingencies or evacuations abroad can strike anytime. As an overseas traveller, you must be very well acquainted with the fact that health costs in other countries is definitely high. Therefore, having a travel health insurance in place is necessary. Unforeseen circumstances can bring a lot of trouble emotionally and financially. But you can avoid such mishaps by securing yourself or your loved ones under a travel health insurance policy.
Here are five health insurance travel tips
- Customise plan: You have the flexibility to customise a health insurance travel if you have any specific illness or pre-existing condition. It is always advisable to declare any pre-existing medical illness to the insurance company prior to buying a policy. If you do not do so and raise a claim for treating the concerning illness, the insurer will likely cancel your request.
- Evaluate the amount of coverage: Before purchasing the health insurance travel plan, you should judge the level or amount of coverage. Depending on the trip duration, you can decide whether you need a low cost or high-cost coverage. For example, if you are taking a leisure trip with your family, that involves sightseeing stuff, then even a low-cost insurance coverage would suffice.
- Type of plan: Under the travel insurance category, there are some sub-categories. For instance, a single tour plan and a multi-tour plan is designed for frequent flyers. Such plans are beneficial for students and senior citizens who want to meet their children staying abroad. If you’re travelling with family, it is economical to buy a bundled policy. This will help to save money.
- Do not delay in buying: Do not delay in buying a travel health insurance. You should get one soon after you book for your trip. The reason for booking early is you can cancel the insurance in case the trip gets cancelled. Before cancellation, make sure you are aware of the terms and conditions to avoid last-minute glitch.
- Check for feedbacks: A feedback or a user review will help you a great deal in buying the right type of health insurance travel policy. Look for online feedback about the brand and the product. This will give you a fair idea about the policy. You can also take recommendations from friends to know which travel health insurance plan to buy.
These helpful tips will help you pick a suitable one for your travel needs. Whether you’re looking to purchase a multi-trip or single-trip policy, ICICI Bank offers a host of benefits and sufficient coverage at a good price.
The contents of this document are meant merely for information purposes. The information contained herein is subject to updation, completion, revision, verification and amendment and the same may change materially. The information provided herein is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person in any jurisdiction where such distribution or use would (by reason of that person‘s nationality, residence or otherwise) be contrary to law or regulation or would subject lClCl Bank or its affiliates to any licensing or registration requirements. This document is not an offer, invitation or solicitation of any kind to buy or sell any security and is not intended to create any rights or obligations. Nothing in this document is intended to constitute legal, tax, securities or investment advice, or opinion regarding the appropriateness of any investment, or a solicitation for any product or service. Please obtain professional legal, tax and other investment advice before making any investment. Any investment decisions that may be made by you shall be at your sole discretion, independent analysis and at your own evaluation of the risks involved. The use of any information set out in this document is entirely at the recipient's own risk. The information set out in this document has been prepared by ICICI Bank based upon projections which have been determined in good faith by lClCl Bank and from sources deemed reliable. There can be no assurance that such projections will prove to be accurate. lClCl Bank does not accept any responsibility for any errors whether caused by negligence or otherwise or for any loss or damage incurred by anyone in reliance on anything set out in this document. The information set out in this document has been prepared by ICICI Bank based upon projections which have been determined in good faith and sources considered reliable by lClCl Bank. In preparing this document we have relied upon and assumed, without independent verification, the accuracy and completeness of all information available from public sources or which was provided to us or which was otherwise reviewed by us. Past performance cannot be a guide to future performance. 'lClCl ' and the 'I-man' logo are the trademarks and property of lCICl Bank. Misuse of any intellectual property, or any other content displayed herein is strictly prohibited.
Scroll to top