National Savings Certificate for Savings Tax
Capital protection with guaranteed return
Why to invest?
- A fixed investment scheme from Government of India
- Can be opened with any post office
- Accepted as a security for secured loans
- Buy in your name, for a minor or with another adult as a joint account
- Secure and low-risk product
- Two fixed maturity periods – 5 years and 10 years
- No maximum limit on the purchase of National Savings Certificates (NSCs), but only investments of up to ₹ 1.5 lakh can earn a tax break under Section 80C of the Income Tax Act
- Guaranteed interest and complete capital protection
Know before you invest
- Assured returns at interest rate of 7.9% per annum*
- Investment amount for tax deduction: Minimum ₹ 100 to maximum ₹ 1,50,000
- NSC is only for individuals. Hence, Hindu Undivided Families (HUFs) and trusts cannot invest in it. Even Non-Resident Indians (NRI) cannot purchase NSC certificates.
- No TDS on NSC payouts, the subscriber should pay the applicable tax on it.
*Interest rate is subject to change by the Government of India.