PayDirect Card FAQs
How to buy an ICICI Bank Pay direct Card?
- ICICI Bank will supply the PayDirect application forms to the company.
- The company will get the forms filled from its employees, introduce the employee by authorizing the form (signed by its authorised signatory) and make a request to the Bank for the PayDirect Card.
- After verifying the identity of the customer and the necessary documents, the Bank will hand over the kit to the customer.
- The Bank will activate the cards after receipt of payment and disbursement details from the company.
What does a PayDirect Card kit contain?
The PayDirect pre-paid card comes in a Card Kit along with the following:
- Your ATM-PIN: This is the number used for ATM transactions.
- A 'Welcome' booklet: With our customer service numbers and instructions on how to use the card.
- Envelope: With the following instructions on the seal "Please do not accept if seal is broken".
How do I withdraw cash from an ATM using the ICICI Bank PayDirect Card?
To withdraw cash from an ATM, first look for the "VISA" or "Plus" logos on the ATM. At an ATM where the logo is present:
- Insert the card in the card slot as advised on the ATM panel. The ATM will ask you for your PIN.
- Enter the ATM-PIN of you card. Once your ATM-PIN is validated, the machine will prompt you to enter the amount of cash you wish to withdraw.
- Enter the amount of cash you need. If your ICICI Bank PayDirect card has sufficient funds, the machine will dispense the requested cash.
How is the ICICI Bank PayDirect Card secured against unauthorised payments at merchant outlets?
You are required to sign on the charge slip (produced by the Electronic Data Capture machine at the time of purchase) to complete a transaction at the merchant outlet. The merchant has to match this signature with the signature on the signature panel on the reverse of the card. Transactions at merchant outlets are thus protected by your signature. You must ensure that you sign on the signature panel as soon as you receive the card.
What should I do to prevent unauthorised usage if I lose the card?
Your ICICI Bank PayDirect Card comes with zero lost-card liability after its loss has been reported. Hence report loss of the card to our Customer Care as soon as you come to know of it. We will block the card and thus prevent any further usage. We will then provide you with a replacement card through your company.
What about the available balance on the card after the card has expired?
- You can place a request at our Customer Care for the replacement card. The new card will be issued and the available balance will be transferred to the new card within 11 working days. Replacement charges of Rs. 199 plus service tax will be levied on the new card.
- You can also place a refund request at our Customer Care for the available balance on the card and share your bank account details with us in which the amount has to be credited. The available balance on the card will be credited in your account within 7 working days. All refund requests have to be placed within 3 months from the card expiry date i.e. “Valid Thru” as printed on the card.
How to register and login into Prepaid Card Portal?
For logging in the New Prepaid Card Corporate Portal, please use your existing User ID.
New Default Password: Last 8 characters of your User ID in reverse order.
- User ID can be of maximum 17 characters.
- Please add 0’s (Zeros) at the end of the password for any password forming less than 8 characters.
- You can also use the "Forget Password" option available on Top-Right side of the screen. You need to enter the User ID and click "Submit". The new password will get triggered to your registered e-mail ID.
Self Care Portal
You need to register yourself for accessing the new Prepaid Card Self Care Portal.
Steps to be followed:
- Click on Register New User Screen (Link available on Top Right side of the Screen).
- Enter your Prepaid Card Number, CVV and Click Submit.
- System will prompt for filling below details:
- Create your User Name
- Create your new Password
- Re-enter your new Password
- Create your Transaction Password
- Re-enter your Transaction Password
- Choose security questions from the dropdowns and fill the answers
- Post filling all the requested details, click Submit.
- Message confirming successful registration and creation of User ID and Password will be displayed at “Top Left side of the Screen”.
Post successful registration, click on Login Page and enter your login details for signing in and viewing your card details.