Documents Required


ICICI Bank Young Stars Account is a banking service for children in the age group of 1day - 18years.It is essential for the parent/guardian to also hold an account with ICICI Bank. In the event of the parent/ guardian not holding an ICICI Bank savings account, both the accounts (parent's saving account and the young star's account) can be simultaneously opened.

Documents of Parent/Guardian

A minor can open a normal savings account (operative account) or a fixed / recurring deposit (non-operative account).

Applicants must satisfy the following documentation requirements:

Relationship Document

The address proof for the account will be in the name of the parent / guardian, hence it can be accepted only with one of the following supporting relationship documents that establishes the relationship between the applicant and the person in whose name the address is available:

  • Passport.
  • Marriage certificate.
  • Driving License (Handwritten or laminated).
  • Ration card (Handwritten or printed).
  • Life Insurance Policy.
  • School Leaving Certificate.
  • SSLC/PUC/Degree Marks Card.
  • PAN Card.
Identity Proof
(Any one of the following)
Proof of communication address
(Any one of the following)
Original letter of introduction from existing bank along with KYC cheque of the same Bank Introduction by an existing and satisfactory customer as address proof
Driving License – Only Issued in smart card/laminated format/ printed format with customer's signature, photograph captured on the card and affixed with authentication by issuing authority Latest Electricity Bill
Voter Identity Card with KYC cheque for operating accounts.
Cash can be
accepted for
Term deposits.
Certificate from the postal office confirming address of applicant
Employee Identity Card Original Letter from Employer certifying the residential address of applicant. Signature of the employee has to be attested on the letter.
PAN Card Telephone bills from any telephone service providers and mobile service providers (KYC cheque mandatory for mobile service providers)
Defence Dependent's card Consumer gas connection card/book/Pipe Gas bill (same as electricity bill)
Ex-Service Man Card Quarters allotment letter issued by Central/State Govt.Depts/PSUs/Scheduled Commercial Banks/RBI/SIDBI/Exim Bank. (Co-Operative Banks excluded)
Bar Council/Indian Medical Association Card/Senior Citizen Card Registered and valid Lease/ Leave agreement with copies of utility bills
PIO Booklet for returning NRIs Post Office Savings Pass Book
MAPIN card Statement of account or Pass Book of a scheduled commercial bank with entries of at least last 3 months
Photo Identity Card issued by PSUs to Retired persons Premium Receipt from any life insurance company
  Certificate by Village Extension Officer (VEO)/Village Head or equal rank officers
Domicile Certificate with communication address and photograph
Identity & Address Proof: There are documents which can be accepted as both Identity and Address proof: All these documents should be valid and with the photograph of the applicant
Accepted as both Identity and Address proof
(Any one of the following)
  1. Passport
  2. Arms License issued by State/Central Government of India Authorities.
  3. Freedom fighter's pass issued by inistry of Home Affairs, Government of India with photograph of applicant.
  4. Pension payment order / book / card issued by any State / Central Government of India.
  5. Printed ration card with photograph of applicant.
  6. House hold card with photograph of applicant.
  7. ID card with photograph issued by Govt of Jammu and Kashmir.
  8. Bank Pass Book with photograph issued by SBI and its subsidiaries or nationalised banks, along with KYC cheque of the same account of the bank.
  9. Photo Social Security Card (Smart Card) issued by Central/State Govts or Union territories.


Note: Mandatory to provide Permanent address and telephone number.

Age Verification Document:

Any one of the following documents need to be submitted as an Age Proof for the minor:

  • Valid passport
  • Birth Certificate issued by Municipal Corporation or Zill Parishad or Gram Panchayat or Private Nursing Home or Church.
  • Transfer certificate issued by School / college / University.
  • School leaving certificate.
  • Passing certificate issued by School / college / Examination Boards / University.
  • Mark sheet issued by Educational Institutions/colleges/ Examination Boards / University.
  • Baptism Certificate issued by Church.