Pay Direct Tax Online (Individual)
|Type of Tax||Locations||Categories|
(Click here to pay via NSDL)
|All India (except Shillong)||Tax deducted at Source (TDS), Tax Collected at Source (TCS), Income Tax, Corporation Tax, Dividend Distribution Tax, Security Transaction Tax, Hotel Receipts Tax, Estate Duty, Interest Tax, Wealth Tax, Expenditure Tax / Other direct taxes and Gift Tax, Fringe Benefits Tax, Banking Cash Transaction Tax and others.|
(**Click here for Quick Tax Payment)
|All India (except Shillong)||
Tax deducted at Source (TDS), Tax Collected at Source (TCS), Income Tax on companies, Income Tax Other than companies, Hotel Receipts Tax, Securities Transaction Tax, Interest Tax, Expenditure/Other Tax, Estate Duty, Wealth Tax, Gift Tax, Banking Cash, Transaction Tax, Fringe Benefit Tax.
**The above mentioned taxes can be paid directly through ICICI Bank’s Internet Banking without visiting NSDL website.
Pay your Tax via NSDL in 7 easy steps:
- Tax payers to select the relevant challan from NSDL site.
- Taxpayers to enter their PAN / TAN / Assessee code as applicable. There will be an online check on the validity of the PAN / TAN / Assessee code entered.
- If PAN/ TAN/ Assessee code is valid the taxpayer will be allowed to fill up other challan details like accounting head code / Major head code under which payment is made, name and address of PAN/TAN and also select ICICI Bank through which payment is to be made.
- On submission of data entered a confirmation screen will be displayed. If the taxpayer confirms the data entered in the challan, it will be directed to the net-banking site of ICICI Bank.
- The taxpayer will login to the ICICI Bank internet-banking site with the User id/ Password provided by the ICICI Bank (Retail Internet Banking).
- Taxpayer to enter payment details and authorize the payment.
- On successful payment a challan counterfoil will be displayed containing CIN, payment details and Bank name through which e-payment has been made. This counterfoil is proof of payment being made.
- “You can also log in to download your Direct Tax Payment Challan of payments made through ICICIBank.com from eTax Challans option in Tax Centre under Payments & Transfer section.”
- Now you can pay your tax in few clicks using our iMobile Pay App.Scan QR to Download iMobile Pay App
The word Income has a very broad and inclusive meaning. In case of you’re a salaried employee all that is received from your employer in cash, kind or as a facility is considered as income. If you’re a businessman, your net profits will constitute income. Income may also flow from investments in the form of Interest, Dividend, Commission, etc.
Under the Income Tax Act, 1961, all Income earned by persons are classified into 5 different heads, such as:
- Income from Salary
- Income from House Property
- Income from Business or Profession
- Income from Capital Gains
- Income from other sources
Assessment Year is a twelve months period starting from April 1 of the previous year to March 31 immediately following the previous year. In the Assessment Year, the return is filed for the income earned in the previous year, for e.g. for Financial Year 2014-15, the Assessment Year is 2015-16.
July 31st of every year is the due date for filing income tax returns for salaried tax payers and for non-corporate assessees whose accounts are not required to be audited, while September 30th is the due date for companies, persons other than companies and working partners of firms whose accounts are required to be audited under the Income Tax Act, 1961 or any other law.