How does an add-on Credit Card work
Owning a Credit Card has its own set of benefits - right from cashback, discount offers to its flexibility to pay through instalments. Given the perks of a Credit Card, you can now share its features and benefits with your loved ones, by applying for a supplementary or add-on Credit Card. Read further to know how it works.
A Credit Card has become an indispensable financial product for many consumers. You can instantly get the card with a limited documentation process. It is similar to a loan that lets you make a small or big-ticket purchase, by swiping the card. To procure this financial tool, you need to meet certain conditions. The eligibility factor for the card varies from one bank to another. In some circumstances, when you are unable to meet the eligibility criteria, you can opt for an add-on or supplementary Credit Card.
What is an add-on Credit Card?
A supplementary or add-on Credit Card lets you share the primary benefits of your card with your loved ones. It can be handy when your parents or spouse wants to pay for household expenses or your child wants to travel out of town. Any borrower can apply for an add-on Credit Card against a primary ICICI Bank Credit Card.
Having an add-on Credit Card can be really beneficial for you in many ways:
- If you are an owner of a primary ICICI Bank Credit Card, then the same benefits are available on the add-on Credit Card facility
- With the supplementary Credit Card, your loved ones do not have to pay any annual or joining charges
- You can also share your credit limit with the individual who is using the supplementary Credit Card
- Any family member owning the supplementary card can avail offers on movies, dining, fuel surcharge, reward points, concierge services.
How does the add-on Credit Card work?
If you’re a primary Credit Cardholder, you can opt for an add-on or supplementary Credit Card facility for your spouse, parents or even children (the only condition is the age should be above 18 years). The features or benefits offered on the primary card are the same, as when someone avails a supplementary Credit Card. Any expenses incurred on the supplementary Credit Card are payable by the primary Credit Cardholder.
Any primary Credit Cardholder can apply for a supplementary card, without much documentation hassle. If you are an ICICI Bank Credit Cardholder and looking to get an add-on card for any family member, here’s how you can apply:
Step 1: To apply for an add-on Credit Card, download the application form
Step 2: Submit the following documents, along with the application form:
- Photocopy of the Supplementary Credit Card Applicant’s PAN. For an applicant who has no PAN Card, the ID proof that has the customer’s acknowledgement of the PAN application and Form 60 are to be collected.
- Photocopy of the Supplementary Card applicant’s address proof
- The above documents need to be self-attested by the Supplementary Card applicant.
With ICICI Bank, you can apply for at least 3 Supplementary Cards, against the primary one that you hold.
For disclaimer, Click Here.
Scroll to top