How can I register for icicibankpay to start banking using Twitter?
You can register in 4 simple steps:
- Follow ICICI Bank Twitter Account - @icicibank. If you are already following @icicibank, then please UNFOLLOW and then FOLLOW @icicibank again. We will follow you instanteously.
- Send Direct Message in the following format: #reg Your registered mobile number with ICICI Bank
- Get OTP on your registered mobile number
- Send a Direct Message(DM) with the OTP you received from @icicibank, in the following format: #regotp OTP
What is a Direct Message?
Direct Messages are private messages sent from one Twitter user to other Twitter users. You can use Direct Messages for one-on-one private conversations, or between groups of users
- You can only send Direct Messages to users who follow you.
- You can receive Messages from any user that you follow.
Hence, the moment you follow @icicibank, we follow you back instantly and you can start sending Direct Message( DM) to us for transactions.
To start direct messaging, click on the message icon on your screen.
What are the banking transactions that I can do using Twitter?
You can now do both Financial and Non-Financial Transactions using Twitter. In Financial Transactions you can do Funds Transfer and Prepaid Mobile Recharge. In Non-Financial transactions you can check balance and view your last 3 transactions using just your Twitter Account
How can you send money using icicibankpay?
To transfer funds using your Twitter Account, send a Direct Message (DM) to @icicibank in the following format: #Pay Receiver's Twitter Account Amount
You will get a 4 digit passcode via SMS from ICICI Bank which you will need to share with the receiver for redemption. The receiver will receive a tweet with a coupon code on his timeline that you have sent money to him. The receiver has to authenticate his Twitter User ID and password and use this 4 digit passcode to redeem money sent. This 2 factor authentication parameter ensures safe and secure transaction.
How can receiver redeem money sent using icicibankpay?
To transfer funds using your Twitter Account, send a Direct Message(DM) to @icicibank in the following format: #Pay Receiver's Twitter Account Amount
The receiver will receive a tweet with a coupon code on his timeline that you have sent money to him.
On clicking on the link given on the Tweet, the receiver will be redirected to the redemption page. On this page the receiver will need to first authenticate his/her Twitter ID and password, provide account details and the 4 digit passcode which you will share with him/her to redeem the voucher and collect the money.
How safe is Twitter Banking? Will it have privacy?
Since the messages are Direct Message(DIRECT MESSAGE(DM))s between you and ICICI Bank the security is not compromised. At ICICI Bank, safety is our first priority. The entire communication between your Twitter account and the ICICI Bank’s account is carried out through private structured messages using secured channels to ensure safety and privacy of not only your Bank but also your Twitter Account. Payments on Twitter is a safe and secure mode of banking with a two-factor authentication – for both registration and funds transfer.
Who can send and receive money over Twitter? Can minors, NRIs, Current account holders also do Twitter Banking? How does it work?
We have launched this service for Resident Customers having ICICI Bank Savings account. Customer can send money over Twitter and anyone who has a Bank account in India can receive the money. This service has not been offered to NRI / Minor /Current account holders. However, if a minor has a Savings Account with a registered mobile number, he can transact on Twitter.
How can I recharge my prepaid mobile or DTH?
- To recharge prepaid mobile:
- Send a Direct Message(DM) #GenOTP to @icicibank to receive OTP on registered mobile
- Next send Direct Message(DM) #TopUp 10-digit mobile OperatorCode Amount OTP
Example: #TopUp 1234567890 Airtel 10 111111
- To know operator code for mobile recharge: Send #operatorcode
- To recharge DTH:
- Send Direct Message(DM) #GenOTP to @icicibank to receive OTP on registered mobile
- Next send Direct Message(DM) #DTH DTH A/c no. OperatorCode Amount OTP
Example: #DTH 1234567890 TATASKY 200 111111
- To know operator code for DTH recharge: Send #operatorcode