Facebook Banking FAQs
Pockets desktop app - Registration and Login
1. Who can register on this App?
ICICI Bank customers who hold resident savings account with a valid Debit Card can register for this application.
2. How do I register for this App?
All you have to do is Log into your Facebook account and search for ICICI Bank, click on Pockets By ICICI Bank and register
Log into your Facebook account and search for Pockets By ICICI Bank and register yourself
Follow the below mentioned steps for registration:
- Click here to register.
- This click will lead you to Facebook where you need to login to your Facebook account
- Click on "GO TO APP"
- You will be required to grant permissions asked during the process for completing your registration successfully
- Application's main page will open indicating all the features offered
- Click on "Register Now" button
- Register yourself by entering your Debit card number and your ATM PIN.
- Set your personal 4 digit numeric password for this application
- In case of a joint account, please enter your internet banking user ID
This PIN will give you access to the application in future as well.
3. Is there any charge for registration?
No, there is no charge for registration and usage of the App.
4. I am unable to login to my account as while Signing in, an not-error is populated "Incorrect characters entered"?
If you are trying in Internet explorer browser, you may face this not-error. You need to follow below steps to avoid the same:
- Open new browser>>>Click on "Tools">>>Select "Internet Options">>>"Privacy" tab>>>click "Advanced" button
- A small window will be opened, following settings should be done:
- Tick the check box for "Override automatic cookie handling"
- First party cookies should be ticked as "Accept"
- Third party cookies should be ticked as "Accept"
- Tick the check box for "Always allow session cookies"
5. I have forgotten my 4 digit password to login to Pockets. How can I reset it?
You can reset your password by clicking on 'Forgot Password' link on Login page. You will have to enter your debit card details again for authentication
6. I have upgraded my debit card, can I use this new card to access Pockets?
In case you were registered with your old debit card, you will have to unsubscribe from Pockets by clicking on "Unsubscribe" option on Login Page. You can now register for Pockets using your upgraded debit card
Features on Pockets desktop app
1. What are the services available on the App?
The following services are available on Pockets by ICICI Bank.
Be Truly Social Features:
- Pay a Friend – a service which allows to pay money to your friends without the need to ask their account details like account number, bank name, IFS code etc.
- Recharge Mobile
- Book Movie Tickets
- Share your App activities via Post, Message, Notification
- Follow your friends and know how he is using the App
View all ICICI Bank relationships :
- Account summary, Account Details and Mini Statement of your Savings Bank Account
- Know Credit Card details, Payment dues, view Card Statements including old statements
- Demat holding statements
Do the following Financial Transactions:
- Fund transfer to your linked account
- Fund transfer to any other ICICI Bank account
- Bill Payment both Direct Payments or Scheduled Bills
- Pay a Friend
(Please note new Payee and Bills can be added only through your Internet Banking Account)
2. Will I be able to view all my relationships with the Bank?
You will be able to view Account summary, Account Details and Mini Statement of your Savings Bank Account, Know Credit Card details, Payment dues, view Card Statements including old statements, Demat holding statements.
If any of the relationship(s) is/are not visible, we request you to call our 24 hour Customer Care.
3. Can I transfer money to any friend having ICICI Bank account?
No. You can transfer money to only those third party having ICICI Bank account whom you have successfully registered as Payee in your ICICI Bank Internet Banking Account. If your friends are not registered as Payee in your Internet Banking Account, then you have to first register the Friend as payee in your Internet Banking ID before you can initiate the transfer. However you can also transfer money to your friends without re-registering by using our Pay a Friend service. To know more about the Pay a Friend service click here
4. Can I transfer money to any friends who do not have ICICI Bank account?
Yes, you can transfer money to friends who do not have ICICI Bank account. To transfer money, you can avail our Pay a Friend service which is available on this App. To know more about the Pay a Friend service please click here
5. Can I pay any of my bills through this App?
You can pay only those bills which you have registered for your ICICI Bank Internet Banking Account.
Pay a friend feature
1. What is Pay a Friend facility?
Pay a Friend facility allows you to transfer funds to your friends without the need to ask their account details like account number, bank branch, branch IFS code etc.
Through this facility, you can create an electronic coupon that can be redeemed by your friend later on by visiting www.icicibank.com/pockets.
2. Can the coupon be redeemed or claimed at ICICI Bank branches?
No. Coupon can only be redeemed online at www.icicibank.com/pockets. Click here to redeem your Coupon.
3. I don't have bank account details of my friends to whom I want to send money. Can I still send money using Pay a Friend?
Yes. You can still send the money to your friend through Pay a Friend.
4. How will my friend come to know that I have sent money to him?
When you send money through this service an electronic coupon is generated of that value. The coupon details is sent to your friends mobile no, email id or Facebook depending on the friend's contact medium selected by you at the time when coupon is created.
5. I have received one pass code on my mobile number when I created a coupon to send money to my friend. What am I supposed to do with it?
6. My friend does not have a bank account. Can he encash the Coupon at ICICI Bank branch?
No. Your friend should have a valid bank account. The bank account need not necessarily be of ICICI Bank.
7. What is Coupon ID?
Coupon ID is a 12 digit number generated by the App when you request for transfer of money to your friend. It is a kind of soft coupon which can be claimed by your friend by placing redemption request of the coupon online at www.icicibank.com/pockets.
8. What is Pass code?
Pass code is a 4 digit verification number that is generated by the App when a coupon is created. The code is sent to the initiator’s registered mobile number at the time of placing request for sending money.
9. Is sending pass code on Facebook safe?
Yes. It is completely safe as the post will be visible to your friend only to whom you want to send money. Please do not share the post on your Facebook.
10. Is the Coupon valid for ever?
No. Coupon is valid for 3 days since its creation. On the 4th day the coupon will be invalid and the coupon amount will be credited to your account.
11. How much time does it take to redeem the coupon?
If your friend has an ICICI Bank account, then coupon money will be transferred instantaneously to his ICICI Bank account. If your friend has an account in any other bank, then the coupon money is transferred within 1 working day.
12. My account is debited, but I have not received Coupon id & Pass code?
In such case, if you find your transaction details in Pay a Friend "History", then you have option to resend Coupon Id and pass code. Alternately you can cancel the transaction and re-initiate a new one. Coupon amount is credited back to your account on cancellation.
If money is not credited back, please contact our 24 hour customer care.
13. I have chosen Notify your friend through "Facebook" while requesting for money transfer, but I am not able to find my friend name in the list?
You will be able to see your friend's name in the list, if you have added him in friend list of your Facebook account.
14. How will I come to know whether my friend has claimed or redeemed the Coupon?
You will receive an SMS on your registered mobile number when Coupon is redeemed successfully. Alternately you can track your Coupon status through "History" option of Pay a Friend service in the App.
15. Can I register my friend one time, if I need to send him money at frequent basis?
No. Currently this facility is not available.
16. Is there any Coupon amount limit?
Yes, There is a limit for transferring money to your friend through "Pay a Friend":
- Total Maximum limit for transactions per day / per remitter = Rs. 10,000
- Maximum limit per transaction = Rs. 10,000
17. I have created a coupon with incorrect details, how to rectify the same?
At best, you can cancel the coupon to get back coupon money into your account. To cancel, go to "History" option under Pay a Friend service option in App. On cancellation, funds will be credited to your account instantly.
18. While redeeming the coupon my friend entered a wrong account number, can I stop the transaction and put the correct account number?
19. What does different status like NEFT Initiated etc of Coupon mean?
Possible Coupon status and their meanings are given below -
Coupon Generated– This means that redemption request of the Coupon is not yet placed by your friend.
Redemption Initiated– This means your friend has placed request for redemption of the Coupon.
Redeemed– This means your friend has received Coupon money in his account.
Cancelled– This means either you have canceled the Coupon or System has canceled the Coupon due to 3 consecutive failed verification by your friend at the time of redemption.
Redemption Failed – This means redemption request placed by your friend has failed. The Coupon will remain eligible for redemption till its validity.
Expired– This means Coupon was not redeemed by your friend during its validity and will no longer available for redemption. Coupon money is refunded back to your account.
20. How do I Redeem the coupon received from my Friend?
- Go to www.icicibank.com/pockets
- Select Redeem Coupon.
- Read the instructions on the screen and proceed to redeem the coupon.
21. Can I redeem partial amount?
No. Coupon can only be redeemed for full amount. Partial redemption is not available.
22. From where will I get the pass code?
The pass code is sent to your friend who has sent you the Coupon. Please ask your friend to share the pass code with you to redeem the coupon.
23. I have erroneously entered a wrong account number. Can I stop the redemption?
No. Once redemption request is placed, it can not be stopped. Please take maximum care while entering your account number.
24. I have lost the Coupon Id and pass code received from ICICI Bank. How to get it again?
You can get Coupon Id and pass code again. Ask your friend to resend these details by using Resend pass code facility of Pay a Friend service.
25. System is not accepting my redemption request, even if I am entering correct details and pass codes. Why?
This may be due to any of the following reasons -
- Coupon, you are trying to redeem has expired. A coupon is valid only for 3 days from the date of creation
26. In how much time I will get money into my account?
If you are redeeming the Coupon into your ICICI Bank account, you will get the money instantly. If you are redeeming the Coupon into any other bank account, you will get the money in 1 working day.
27. If my redemption request has failed last time, can I redeem the coupon again?
Yes. You can place a redemption request again if it has failed last time, during the validity of the Coupon. Coupon validity period is of 3 days from its creation.
28. Do I have to check my Account statement to know whether Coupon has been redeemed successfully?
You will receive an intimation on your mobile, email id or Facebook if your redemption request is successful. However it is recommended to check your account statement to ascertain whether coupon amount is received in your account or not.
29. I have received the information from ICICI Bank that Coupon is redeemed successfully, but amount is not credited to my account. What should I do?
You can ask your friend to get in touch with our 24 hour Customer Care to ascertain the status of your redemption request.
Social Features on Pockets
1. What social features are available on App?
- You can share your App with your friends.
- You can Like App and see how many have liked this App.
- Your completed transactions will be displayed in your Activity Feed section. You can post your transaction on your Facebook or send message to your friend about the transaction.
- You will know which of your friends have registered this App.
- You will also come to know who of your registered friends concurrently using the App.
- You can also choose to follow your friends on App if they are also registered user of the App. If you are following your friends, you will come to know about their activities on the App.
- You also have option to Like activities of your Friends whom you are following and will also come to know the total likes of your friends.
2. If my friends are following me, but I do not want to share with them my all financial transaction. Is it possible?
Yes. It is possible. App allows you to stop sharing your activities to your friends who are following you. You can either hide all of your activities or specific activities and hidden activities will not be shared.
3. I may want to share some activities with one friend, but not with other friends. Is it possible?
Yes. It is very much possible. You can customize your hide activities setting.
4. Can I post my past activities?
Yes. You can post your past activities from your Activity Feeds page on the App. In your activity feed page, you can view last 6 months of your activities done on the App.
1. How secure is "Pockets by ICICI Bank"?
Following measures will ensure that your transactions are secured on "Pockets by ICICI Bank":
- Please enable the option "Browse Facebook on a secure connection (https) possible" if not already done. Option is available in your Facebook account under:
Settings>>Account Settings>>Security>>Secure Browsing
- You can see a "Lock" sign on your browser address bar when accessing "Pockets by ICICI Bank", this indicates that all communication between Facebook and our server is SSL Secured
- To register your account in "Pockets by ICICI Bank", you first need to authenticate yourself with Debit card Number and ATM Pin
- Every time when you login to your "Pockets by ICICI Bank" account, you need authenticate yourself with 4 Digit password set by you during registration
- Every financial transaction on "Pockets by ICICI Bank" is subject to One Time Password (OTP). OTP is a dynamic in nature i.e for every transaction, you will get a different OTP on your registered mobile number with us.
- 2 Layer Secure Access – We provide double security to your account as the account can be accessed only after logging in to your Facebook account and entering the PIN set by you. Do not share your PIN with anyone.
- Unique Account / Registration – We make sure that your identity can not be misused by others as once you are a registered active user, another account with your details can not be created by anyone.
- One on One – There can be only one registration associated with each Facebook account.
- Daily Transaction Limit – All of your financial transactions have respective daily limits to prevent any fraudulent usage of your money.
Transaction related issues
1. I have registered for the App, but I am not able to make financial transaction. I get the not-error " Your mobile number is not registered. Please register your mobile number at any of the ICICI....."?
To enhance the security of your financial transaction, we have implemented a mandatory OTP (One Time Password) authentication for every financial transaction done through App. This OTP is sent to your registered mobile number. Hence if your mobile number is not registered with us, you will not be able to receive OTP . Please get your mobile number registered at any of ICICI ATM or Bank branch nearest to you.
2. I am not getting an OTP on my mobile number. Why?
Your mobile number may not be updated with us. Request you to visit any of our branch to register your updated mobile number. You will be able to receive OTP. If you are not getting OTP, even after updation of your mobile number, please contact our 24 hour Customer Care for assistance.
3. I am not able to open/see App in my Facebook account. Why?
App will not work if secured browsing is not enabled in your Facebook account. To enable secured browsing, go to Account setting >> Security >> Enable Secured Browsing.
4. I have not registered for any App. However I got a registration message from Pockets by ICICI Bank. What do I need to do?
Someone may be trying to take over your account. Please block the app by sending following SMS BLOCK POCKETS "last 4 digits of your debit card" to 5676766. If it does not work, please call us at our 24 hour Customer Care.
5. I am not able to register the App. It says Registration is blocked. Why?
You might have blocked your registration by sending Block SMS to us and hence for security purpose, it is not letting you register again. To unblock it, please send the following message from your registered mobile number – SMS UNBLOCK POCKETS "last 4 digits of your debit card" to 5676766. If it does not work, please call us at our 24 hour Customer Care.
6. I have a Quantum Optima account, will my linked Fixed deposit balance be considered during transacting?
No. In a quantum optima account,only balance from the savings account will be considered for all transactions.