Personal ›Products ›Accounts & Deposits ›Savings Accounts ›Other Accounts ›RFC (D) Account ›Eligibility
- Resident individual can open Resident Foreign Currency (Domestic) Account.
- Account in the name of minor can be opened by legal/natural guardian.
Permissible currencies for opening Resident Foreign Currency (Domestic) Account:
- Pound Sterling (GBP).
- US Dollar (USD).
- Japanese Yen and (JPY).
- EURO (EUR).
The foreign currency acquired through the following means can be deposited into the RFC (D) Account:
- While on a visit to any place outside India. Payment received for services not arising from any business or anything done in India.
- From any person not residing in India and who is on a visit to India, as honorarium or gift or for services rendered or in settlement of any lawful obligation.
- Honorarium or gift while on a visit to any place outside India.
- Unspent amount of foreign exchange acquired from an authorized person for travel abroad
- Gift from a close relative.
- Earnings through export of goods / services, or as royalty, honorarium or by any other lawful means.
- Disinvestment proceeds received by a resident account-holder on conversion of shares held to ADRs / GDRs under the Sponsored ADR / GDR Scheme approved by the Foreign Investment Promotion Board of the Government of India.
- Earnings received as the proceeds of life insurance policy claims/maturity/surrender values settled in foreign currency from an insurance company in India permitted to undertake life insurance business by the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority.
- Amount received in any other manner as may be prescribed by the Reserve Bank of India.
Explore the power of simpler and smarter banking. Bank online with over 300+ services
Bank on the go with our Mobile Banking services. Download app or use SMS
Pockets by ICICI Bank
VISA powered Universal payment wallet. Download today
Bank 24/7 through a widespread network of over 5,275 branches and 15,646 ATMs