Bill Split & Pay Become Smarter with Walnut App, powered by Visa
Walnut Pay (Pay any Visa Credit/Debit Card) Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions apply and regulate the Walnut Pay (Pay any Visa Credit/Debit Card) facilities provided by ICICI Bank.
In these Terms, unless there is anything repugnant to the subject or context thereof, the expressions listed below shall have the following meanings viz.
- "ICICI Bank" refers to ICICI Bank Limited, a company incorporated in India under the Companies Act, 1956, and licensed under the Banking Regulation Act, 1946, and having its registered office at Landmark Building, Race Course Circle, Alkapuri, Baroda-390 007, the proprietors of the Card, and includes its successors, assigns, nominees, representatives, agents.
- "Walnut" refers to the Walnut App provided by Thumbworks Technologies Pvt Ltd., which provides the following facilities to the User - personal finance management, online funds transfer and credit card bill payment
- "Walnut Pay" refers to a facility provided by the Walnut App that enables Walnut Users to do person to person and person to card money transfer."
- "Account" shall mean the savings account held with any bank in India.
- "Account Holder" refers to a customer of any Bank who holds a savings account with the Bank and who has been issued a Card.
- "Beneficiary" means a person whose Beneficiary Bank Card number is provided by the User to ICICI Bank payment gateway for the transfer of funds from the Account Holder/User's Card and/or the Account to the Beneficiary Bank’s Visa Credit/Debit Card.
- "Beneficiary Bank" means the bank which has issued a Visa Credit/Debit Card to the Beneficiary
- "Beneficiary's Card" means a Visa Credit Card/Debit Card issued by the Beneficiary Bank to the Beneficiary.
- "Instructions" refers to the instruction(s) given by the Account Holder/User to ICICI Bank payment gateway to debit his/her Account and Credit the Beneficiary's Card
- "Transaction""shall mean the funds transfer from the Account Holder's Card/Account and/or the Account to the Beneficiary's Card.
- "User""shall mean any Account Holder who uses the Walnut Pay (Pay any Visa Credit/Debit Card) Facility.
- Walnut Pay offers Account Holder/ User with a facility to do online funds transfer from the Account held by the Account Holder / User with any Bank in India to any person holding VISA Credit/Debit card with any bank in India.
- Walnut Pay Facility is supported by ICICI Bank at the request of the Account Holder/ User; such request shall be treated as authorization by the Account Holder/ User to ICICI Bank for debiting the Account for the amounts transferred to a Beneficiary using the Walnut Pay Facility together with charges if any.
- The Account Holder/ User shall provide to ICICI Bank all the information as may be required, in absence of which ICICI Bank shall not be liable to permit the Account Holder / User to avail of the Walnut Pay Facility.
- Walnut Pay Facility is only applicable for credits to VISA Cards issued in India. This service is not applicable for cards issued by any other Issuing authority.
- ICICI Bank shall send the funds transfer only to the number of such Beneficiary Card as has been provided by the Account Holder/User. ICICI Bank at its discretion may obtain certain details of the Beneficiary but ICICI Bank is not responsible to verify or authenticate the same.
- ICICI Bank shall endeavour to carry out the Walnut Pay Instruction on receipt of the Instruction, however ICICI Bank does not guarantee or will not be held responsible for, performance hereunder.
- ICICI Bank shall process all Walnut Pay Instructions received on a working day, within 4 working days.
- All Transactions shall be processed only on working days of ICICI Bank. Instructions given on Sundays and bank holidays will be processed by ICICI Bank only on the next working day of ICICI Bank.
- ICICI Bank shall assume no responsibility for:
- Transactions carried out by ICICI Bank in good faith relying on Account Holder/ User's Instructions.
- Not carrying out Transactions where ICICI Bank has reason to believe in its sole discretion that the Instructions are not genuine or are otherwise unclear, improper, vague, or doubtful.
- For the performance of VISA or any other entity involved in the process; and for any loss or damage incurred or suffered by the Account Holder/ User for any error, defect, failure or interruption of Walnut Pay service or consequences arising out of delayed payments.
- ICICI Bank reserves the right to make additions/ deletions to the Walnut Pay Facility services offered through any of its channels at its sole discretion. The availability/ non-availability of a particular service shall be informed to the Account Holder/User through email, web site of ICICI Bank or by written communication.
- ICICI Bank reserves the right to withdraw Walnut Pay Facility, if at any time the amount of deposit in the Account falls short of the required minimum and/ or if the service charges remain unpaid, without giving any notice to the Account Holder/User and/ or without incurring any liability or responsibility whatsoever by reason of such withdrawal.
- The Account Holder/User is entirely responsible for providing the accurate / correct number of the Beneficiary Card. ICICI Bank will process all Transactions only on the basis of the information provided by the Account Holder/User. ICICI Bank shall not be responsible for any erroneous credit, if an erroneous number of the Beneficiary Card is provided by the Account Holder/User to ICICI Bank.
- The Account Holder/User is entirely responsible for providing the accurate amount to be credited on the Beneficiary Card. ICICI Bank shall not be responsible for an erroneous credit, if an erroneous amount is provided by the Account Holder/User to ICICI Bank and ICICI Bank shall not be liable to reverse such erroneous credit on the Beneficiary Card.
- ICICI Bank shall specify from time to time the limit on the funds that can be transferred from the Account Holder/User to the Beneficiary.
- ICICI Bank shall endeavour to send the remittance within 24 hours of the Instruction, provided however ICICI Bank is not responsible for the period within which the Beneficiary Bank the proceeds are credited to the Beneficiary Card.
- Neither ICICI Bank nor the Affiliates shall be liable for any un-authorised Transactions occurring through the Walnut Pay Facility and the Account Holder/User hereby fully indemnifies and holds ICICI Bank and the Affiliates harmless against any action, suit, proceeding initiated against it or any loss, cost or damage incurred by it as a result thereof.
- Neither Walnut not its Affiliates shall be liable for any un-authorized Transactions initiated by the Account Holder/User, and the Account Holder/User fully indemnifies and holds Walnut and its Affiliates harmless against any action, suit, proceeding against it or any loss, cost or damage incurred by it as a result threreof.
- ICICI Bank reserves the right to withdraw Walnut Pay Facility at any time at its discretion.
- ICICI Bank reserves the right to change, at any time, these Terms and Conditions, features and benefits offered on Walnut Pay Facility.
- ICICI Bank and the Account Holder/User agree that any legal action or proceedings arising out of this terms and conditions shall be brought in the courts or tribunals at Mumbai in India and agree to irrevocably submit themselves to the jurisdiction of that court or tribunal. The terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of India.
By applying for or availing of the Walnut Pay Facility, the Account Holder/User acknowledges to have read, understood and accepted the above terms and conditions.