Terms and Conditions for Personal Loan on Credit Card (PLCC)
In these terms and conditions, unless there is anything repugnant to the subject or context thereof, the expressions listed below, if applicable, shall have the following meanings:
- "Card Member" means the individual to whom a credit card has been issued by ICICI Bank and who has availed the Facility.
- "Credit Limit" means the limit up to which the Card Member is authorized to spend on his credit card.
- "Cash Limit" means the maximum amount of cash or equivalent of cash as defined or prescribed by ICICI Bank, that the Card Member can withdraw on his Card Account. Cash-Limit forms a subset of the Card Member's Credit-Limit / Purchase Limit.
- “Customer” means an individual to whom a credit card has been issued by ICICI Bank.
- "EMI" or "Equated Monthly Installment" means the equated monthly installments of amounts payable by the Card Member to ICICI Bank in respect of the Facility and comprises of the principal amount of the Facility and interest thereon.
- "Facility" or "PLCC" means the personal loan on credit cards provided / agreed to be provided by ICICI Bank, at its sole discretion, to the Card Member, either to the extent of amounts not exceeding the available Cash-Limit and/or Credit-Limit or for an amount over the available Cash-Limit and / or Credit-Limit, through an additional account linked to existing Card Account. The "Facility" or "PLCC" may also be referred to as "Cash-in" or "Cash-in Select".
- "MITC" means the Most Important Terms and Conditions governing the credit card issued by ICICI Bank, a copy of which is provided by ICICI Bank to the Card Member and is available on www.icicibank.com/MI-TC.
- "Primary Terms and Conditions" means the terms and conditions governing the credit card issued by ICICI Bank, as is available on www.icicibank.com/managed-assets/docs/personal/cards/credit-cards/tnc_english.pdf.
- "Terms and Conditions" shall mean the terms and conditions for the Personal Loan on Credit Card.
II. USAGE OF THE FACILITY:
The Facility shall be available only to a Customer, who has been pre-approved by ICICI bank for availing the Facility, approval with respect to which is at the sole discretion of ICICI Bank. The Customer can request for an amount upto the available Cash-Limit and/or Credit-Limit on the Card Account or for an amount over the available Cash-Limit / Credit-Limit and such amounts shall be disbursed immediately in the form of transfer to his/her ICICI Bank liability account or through NEFT or such other mode as may be communicated by ICICI Bank, from time to time. The final approval of the amount of the Facility to be granted is subject to the Customer's performance on the Card and the available Cash-Limit and/or Credit-Limit at the time ICICI Bank receives the Customer's request for the Facility. The Cash-Limit and/or the Credit-Limit on the Credit Card will be blocked by the amount for which the Facility is granted in cases where such amount forms part of the available Cash-Limit and/or Credit-Limit. The Card-Member shall be required to pay a non-refundable processing fee on the Facility upto the percentage specified by ICICI Bank to the Card Member. The cash-limit on the Credit Card will be blocked by the amount for which the facility is granted.
- Disbursement through NEFT to Non-ICICI Bank account will be subject to successful processing at beneficiary banks end.
- The Card Member hereby agrees to avail the Facility on the precondition that he will not use the Facility, or any part thereof, towards capital market or for the purpose of repaying his ICICI Bank Card outstandings.
- The credit limit of the credit card will be blocked by the amount which is equal to billed EMI/EMIs + Applicable Taxes and fees.
- The Card Member understands that by clicking on the ‘I Agree’ button, he/she is entering into a valid and binding contract with ICICI Bank and the same shall be enforceable and binding as per Section 10A of the Information Technology Act, 2000 and the same shall be admissible as an electronic record under section 65B of the Indian Evidence Act, 1872.
- The Card Member hereby allows use of such information that had been provided at the time of applying for the Credit Card for the completion of documentation for the Facility as well as any other offers ICICI Bank may wish to extend to the Card Member.
The Card Member shall repay the Facility and interest thereon in EMIs. The interest shall be at such rate which has been indicated by ICICI Bank to the Card Member at the time of making the offer for the Facility. The interest calculation will start from the time the request regarding the Facility has been confirmed by the Card Member. The amount of the EMIs together with other details of the Facility (including rate of interest) shall be communicated to the Card Member at his mailing address last recorded with ICICI Bank. In cases where the customer has availed this loan facility the amount of EMI due for a particular month shall be subsequently reflected in the card statement for that particular month. By availing the Facility, the Card Member authorizes ICICI Bank to debit the Card Account of the Card Member on a monthly basis for the amount of EMI due for that particular month, as has been intimated to the Card Member through the Statement. Principal and interest will be mentioned separately in the Statement. The Cash-Limit and/or Credit-Limit shall be reinstated to the extent of the amount of EMI repaid by the Card Member.
- Goods and Service Tax will be applicable on the interest component of the EMI every month.
- The Card Member shall be required to pay the entire amount of the EMI for a particular month on the Payment Due Date as indicated in the Statement and the same shall not be permitted to be carried forward/included in the next Statement. In the event the payment is
- not made by the Payment Due Date, it shall be construed as a default by the Card Member and Card Member shall become liable to pay the amount together with late payment charges, as specified in the Primary Terms and Conditions.
IV. PREPAYMENT OF FACILITY:
- If the Facility is prepaid/ terminated before the tenure of the Facility, the amount of the Facility outstanding at the time of prepayment/termination together with all interest thereon and all other monies in respect of the Facility shall become repayable by the Card Member.
- )The Card Member may prepay the Facility at any time by contacting ICICI Bank's 24 Hour Customer Care. The Card Member shall pay such prepayment charges as may be indicated by ICICI Bank in the communication sent to the Card Member at the time of granting the Facility.
- ICICI Bank shall, without prejudice to all rights and remedies, have the right to call upon the Card Member to forthwith repay the Facility, all interest thereon and all other monies in respect of the Facility upon occurrence of Event of Default in repayment of the amount of the Facility and the Card Member shall be liable to repay all such amounts upon such demand.
V. CANCELLATION OF FACILITY:
- The Card Member may cancel the Facility within 15 days of receiving the transfer to his/her ICICI Bank liability account by contacting ICICI Bank's 24 Hour Customer Care.
- In case of Non-ICICI Bank account transfer through NEFT, cancellation is subject to payment of the transferred funds to the Card account. In case of transfer to his/her ICICI Bank liability account, the cancellation request can be raised at ICICI Bank's 24 Hour Customer Care and such amount will be reversed from the account, where the transfer was effected.
- In case of a draft, the Card Member may request for such cancellation at ICICI Bank's 24 Hour Customer Care or return the draft at the RTO address mentioned on the envelope.
- Such cancellation shall be subject to non encashment of draft or the amount being available in the account to effect reversal, as the case may be.
VI. PARTICULAR AFFIRMATIVE COVENANTS:
- The Card Member has understood ICICI Bank's method of calculating EMIs payable;
- The Card Member has understood and agrees that by availing the Facility, the Card Member shall not be, unless otherwise stated by ICICI Bank in writing, eligible for any reward points whatsoever, whether awarded under the ICICI Bank Reward Points Scheme or any other Reward Points Scheme on the Card that may be announced by ICICI Bank from time to time;
- The Card Member shall renew the Card forthwith in the event the period of the Card expires during the tenure of the Facility. In the event of failure of the Card Member to renew the Card
- as stated above, ICICI Bank shall be entitled to call upon the Card Member to forthwith repay the Facility without prejudice to all rights and remedies against the Card Member;
- The Card Member is deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions. The Card Member is aware that these terms and conditions are available on www.icicibank.com and has read and understood the same;
- Repayment by the Card Member of the entire amount of the Facility to ICICI Bank shall release the Credit-Limit and/or Cash-Limit for which the Card Member is eligible by virtue of holding the Card;
- The Card Member shall make payment of all taxes, duties, levies (including Goods and Service Tax) in connection with the Facility.
VII. LIABILITIES OF THE CARD MEMBER:
ICICI Bank reserves the right to require the Card Member to make advance payment of one or more EMIs against grant of the Facility, and ICICI Bank shall have the right to adjust the amount of the advance EMIs towards the balance amount of the Facility, at its sole discretion.
VIII. EVENTS OF DEFAULT:
If one or more of the events specified in this Clause ("Events of Default") occur or shall have occurred, ICICI Bank may call upon the Card Member to foreclose the Facility by a notice in writing to the Card Member.
- The Card Member's commission of a breach of any of the terms, conditions and covenants herein contained or having made any misrepresentation to ICICI Bank.
- The Card Member having been declared an insolvent.
- Any proceedings for misconduct having been initiated against the Card Member.
- The Card Member's failure to furnish any information or documents that may be required by ICICI Bank.
- The Card Member's entering into any composition with his/her creditors.
- The Card Member's defaulting on any of the terms and conditions of any other loan or facility provided by ICICI Bank to the Card-Member.
- The existence of any other circumstances which, in the sole opinion of ICICI Bank, jeopardizes ICICI Bank's interest.
- Upon the occurrence of any event of default as specified above, ICICI Bank shall be entitled to exercise rights and remedies available to it under the Terms and Conditions and also the Primary Terms and Conditions.
- Details of the processing fee, foreclosure fee, Goods and Service Tax and interest rate applicable on the Facility shall be as per the amortization schedule provided by ICICI Bank to the Card Member. Details of all other charges shall be as per the MITC.
- Nothing contained in the Terms and Conditions shall be construed as an obligation of ICICI Bank to continue to offer the Facility after the date of termination of the Facility. ICICI Bank reserves the right at any time, without previous notice, to add, alter, modify, change or vary all or any of the Terms and Conditions.
- The Facility shall be available on the primary Card only, subject to the available Cash-Limit and/or Credit-Limit and will be provided to the Card Member requesting for the Facility, at the sole discretion of ICICI Bank.
- The competent courts in Mumbai shall have exclusive jurisdiction to deal with any dispute that may arise out of the Terms and Conditions or in respect of the Facility. The existence of a dispute, if any, shall not constitute a claim against ICICI Bank.
- In addition to the general right to set off or other right conferred by law or under any other agreement, ICICI Bank may, without notice, combine or consolidate the standing balance on the Card Member's Card Account, or the account linked to the Card Account, with any other account(s) that the Card Member maintains with ICICI Bank and its group companies, and set off or transfer money standing to his/her credit in such other account(s) in or towards the satisfaction of the Card Member's liability to ICICI Bank under his/her Card Account or the Facility.
- The Terms and Conditions governing the Facility shall be in addition to and not in substitution or derogation to the Primary Terms and Conditions.
- The terms and conditions shall be read along with and are also in addition to the terms and conditions as applicable to ICICI Bank savings account and terms and conditions governing National Electronic Funds Transfer ("NEFT") as provided on https://www.icicibank.com/managed-assets/docs/terms-condition/TERMSANDCONDITIONSNEFT.pdf.
- All capitalised terms used herein, but not defined, shall have the meaning ascribed to them in the Primary Terms and Conditions.
ICICI Bank Limited
ICICI Bank Tower, C - Wing
Autumn Estate, Near Chandivali Studio
Chandivali Farm Road,
Opp. Mhada Colony, Chandivali
Andheri (East), Mumbai 400072