Safety Tips - Internet Banking
Use Internet Banking To Minimise The Risk of Fraud
- Utilise paperless options. Restrict receipt of paper statements by subscribing to e-mailed bank account statements, credit card statements and demat account statements.
- Monitor your account activity regularly by checking your balances and statements online through ICICIBank.com. This helps you to detect fraudulent transactions, if any, quickly. The earlier a fraud is detected, the lesser will be its financial impact.
- Restrict the use of cheques. Transfer funds online between your ICICI Bank accounts or send money to other ICICI Bank and non-ICICI Bank customers through ICICIBank.com.
- Receive and pay bills online for free with Bill Pay at ICICIBank.com. Fewer the personal documents sent through the mail, lesser the chance of fraud.
- Link and manage all your ICICI Bank relationships online at ICICIBank.com.
- Register for Mobile Banking and receive alerts upon all significant transactions in your account. Learn more about Mobile Banking.
- Communicate with the bank through the secure mailbox option at ICICIBank.com, "Write to Account Manager".
Tips For Use When Banking Through The Internet
- Avoid accessing your Internet Banking account from a cyber cafe or a shared computer. However, if you happen to do so change your passwords from your own computer.
- Every time you complete your online banking session, log off from ICICIBank.com. Do not just close your browser.
- To access ICICI Bank's Internet Banking, always type in the correct URL (http://www.icicibank.com/) into your browser window. Never click a link that offers to take you to our website.
- If your log-in IDs or passwords appear automatically on the sign-in page of a secure website, you should disable the "Auto Complete" function to increase the security of your information.
To disable the "Auto Complete" function:
- Open Internet Explorer and click "Tools" > "Internet Options" > "Content".
- Under "Personal Information", click "Auto Complete".
- Uncheck "User names and passwords on forms" and click "Clear Passwords".
- Click "OK".
- Change your Internet Banking passwords (both log-in password and transaction password) after your first log-in, and thereafter regularly (at least once in a month).
- Your password should be complex and difficult for others to guess. Use letters, numbers and special characters [such as !,@, #,$, %, ^, &,* (, )] in your passwords.
- For additional security to financial transactions through Internet Banking, create and maintain different passwords for log-in and for transactions.
- If you have more than one Internet Banking user ID, use a different password for each of the user IDs. You may also view all your accounts with ICICI Bank under a single user ID by linking your various accounts to your preferred Internet Banking user ID. Click here to know more about linking your accounts.
- Never share your Internet Banking passwords with others, even family members. Do not reveal them to anybody, not even to an ICICI Bank employee.
- Always check the last log-in to your Internet Banking account. Log in to ICICIBank.com and see the left hand side of the "My Accounts" page to view the date and time of your last log-in.
- Always check complete details of the bank account before initiating bank transfers. In case any fraudulent transaction is observed, immediately report the details to the police and to your bank.
- Example: Recently it was observed that some accounts of customers based in India, along with their credentials, were hacked and the funds were transferred to fraudulent bank accounts in Hungary. Hence, it is extremely important to exercise utmost caution and due diligence before executing any bank transaction with a Hungarian company/ bank account on any customer instruction received via e-mail for funds transfer to third party accounts within/ outside the country.
- If you forget your password
- If you are unable to log in to your Internet Banking account.
- If you notice any suspicious activity on your account.
Please call our 24-hour Customer Care
Learn more about safe banking tips through interesting videos.
An application to enhance the security of your online account with OTP.
Read the RBI advisory against Phishing emails sent in its name.
Customer Education Series
Learn about Credit Scores, Nomination, Banking Ombudsman and more.