PIN and Password Safety Measures
- Destroy the PIN mailer after memorising the PIN and/ or change the PIN after the first usage.
- Never keep your PIN and ATM card /debit card /credit card together.
- Your password should be complex and difficult for others to guess. Use letters, numbers and special characters [such as !,@, #,$, %, ^, &,* (, )] in your passwords.
- Don't use passwords that are obvious, like your name/nickname, names of your family members, your address, phone number, or any other information that a thief might find in your purse or wallet.
- Do not use the same password as the one which you use to log in to your computer or access your e-mail.
- If your log-in IDs or passwords appear automatically on the sign-in page of a secure web site, you should disable the auto-complete function to increase the security of your information.
To disable the "Auto Complete" function
- Open Internet Explorer and click on "Tools">>"Internet Options">>"Content"
- Under "Personal Information", click on "Auto Complete
- Uncheck "User names and passwords on forms" and click on "Clear Passwords"
- Click "OK"
- Change your Internet Banking password (both, log-in password and transaction password) after your first log-in, and thereafter regularly (at least once a month).
- Create and maintain different passwords for log-ins and transactions. This provides additional security for financial transactions through Internet Banking.
- If you have more than one Internet Banking user ID, use a different password for each of them. You may also view all your accounts with ICICI Bank under a single user ID by linking your various accounts to your preferred Internet Banking user ID. Click here to know more about linking your accounts.
- If you access any website (including ICICIBank.com) from a cyber-cafe, any shared computer or a computer other than your own, change your passwords after such use in your own computer at your workplace or at home. It is very important to do so specially when you have entered your transaction password in such a cyber- cafe computer or shared computer.
- Never share your passwords with others, including family members. Do not disclose your Internet Banking password to anybody, not even to an ICICI Bank employee.
ICICI Bank is NOT liable for any loss arising from your sharing of your user IDs, passwords, cards, card numbers or PINs with anyone, nor from their consequent unauthorized use.
- If your credit card gets stolen/lost.
- If you card doesn't function and you need a replacement card.
- To report unauthorised transactions.
Please call our 24-hour Customer Care
Learn more about safe banking tips through interesting videos.
An application to enhance the security of your online account with OTP.
Read the RBI advisory against Phishing emails sent in its name.
Customer Education Series
Learn about Credit Scores, Nomination, Banking Ombudsman and more.