ATM Safety Tips
Precautions while using an ATM
- Memorise your PIN. Do not write it down anywhere,and certainly never on the card itself
- Your card is for your own personal use. Do not share your PIN or card with anyone, not even your friends or family
- "Shoulder surfer" can peep at your PIN as you enter it. So stand close to the ATM machine and use your body and hand to shield the keypad as you enter the PIN
- Do not take help from strangers for using the ATM card or handling your cash
- Press the 'Cancel' key before moving away from the ATM. Remember to take your card and transaction slip with you
- If you take transaction slip, shred it immediately after use
- If your ATM card is lost or stolen, report it to your card-issuing bank immediately
- When you deposit a cheque or card into your ATM, check the credit entry in your account after a couple of days. If there is any discrepancy, report it to your bank
- If your card gets stuck in the ATM, or if cash is not dispensed after you having keyed in a transaction,call your bank immediately
- If you have any complaint about your ATM/Debit/Credit card transaction at an ATM, you must take it up with the bank that issued the card to you
Skimming is a method used by fraudsters to capture your personal or account information from your credit/debit card. To know more, click here.
- If your credit card gets stolen/lost.
- If you card doesn't function and you need a replacement card.
- To report unauthorised transactions.
Please call our Customer Care