Cash Safety Measures
Cash - Safety Tip
- Do not fold bank note
- Do not staple bank note
- Always handled bank note with clean and dry hands
- Avoid writing anything on bank note. Keep the water mark always clear
- Never take help from stranger at ATM or Branch cash counter for counting the notes
Cheque Book Safety Measures
Tips To Keep Your Cheque Book Safe
- Record all details of cheques issued.
- Do not leave your cheque book unattended. Always keep it in a safe place, under lock and key.
- Whenever you receive your cheque book, please count the number of cheque leaves in it. If there is a discrepancy, bring it to the notice of the Bank immediately.
Tips To Fill A Cheque Leaf Correctly
- Do not sign blank cheques. Always fill in the date, the name of the receiver and the amount before signing the cheque.
- Remember to cross your cheque whenever applicable and prevent it from being misused.
- Always draw a line through any unused space.
- Never sign in multiple places unless authenticating a change.
- Avoid using cheques with changes on them. Issue a new cheque if possible.
- When you cancel a cheque, mutilate the MICR band and write "CANCEL" across the face of the cheque
- Do not write/sign/mark/pin/staple/paste/fold on the MICR band.
- Always use your own pen to write a cheque.
General Safety tips
Safeguard your account information
- Do not access any website (including ICICIBank.com) from a computer other than your own. If you use a public computer, change your password after such use in your own computer.
- Create a strong password.
Be cautious with cheques
- Never send or hand over a blank cheque. If you need to share your bank details as printed on the cheque leaf with somebody, write 'CANCELLED' diagonally across the cheque.
- If you cancel a cheque, dispose it off properly after crossing out the cheque number and MICR code.
Monitor your accounts frequently
- Review your e-mail alerts, SMS -financial /non-financial and monthly bank statements regularly.
- Update your contact details and e-mail ID regularly with the bank.
- Notify the bank immediately if you receive alerts about any unusual activity in your account.
- Ensure all the documents which are requested and collected at the branch are printed on the ICICI Bank’s letter head duly stamped and signed by the authorized signatory example: Bank account/loan statement requested at the Branch
- Be prudent to check the statement received at the Branch with the actual transaction carried out in your account
Never share your information
- Never share your Card details, Internet Banking User ID, Password or URN with anyone on phone, e-mail or SMS.
- Never reply to e-mails, SMS or calls asking for Password / PIN / CVV / OTP, even if the person claims to be a bank employee.
- Do not access your bank account through links in e-mails or SMS
Learn more about safe banking tips through interesting videos.
An application to enhance the security of your online account with OTP.
Read the RBI advisory against Phishing emails sent in its name.
Customer Education Series
Learn about Credit Scores, Nomination, Banking Ombudsman and more.