Taking a car loan from a bank is a common and popular means to buy a car. From making the loan application to closing the loan, it becomes an easy drive when you bear the following points.
Points to remember
- Check with the bank officials the credentials of the agency through whom you are applying for the loan
- Confirm the details on the proforma invoice before submitting it to the bank
- Ensure that the hypothecation in the Registration Certificate (RC) and insurance cover note is in favour of your lending bank. This is in line with all the leading bank's loan process
- Make sure that FORM-34 for car registration is submitted to the transport authority,signed by you and carrying your banker's stamp and signature
- Ensure that the numbers of the car's engine and chassis are indicated in the final invoice
- If you decide not to avail of the loan after submitting the document, inform the bank immediately to ensure cancellation
- Do not make payment in cash to anyone. Always issue crossed,post-dated cheques and security PDCs in favour of the lending bank only
- After you have cleared your loan ensure you seek an NOC from your lending bank
- Visit the bank's website for all the relevant information related to loan.
- Sign the application form only after filling it and reading the terms and conditions
- Ask for and collect a receipt for your margin money deposited with the dealer
Learn more about safe banking tips through interesting videos.
An application to enhance the security of your online account with OTP.
Read the RBI advisory against Phishing emails sent in its name.
Customer Education Series
Learn about Credit Scores, Nomination, Banking Ombudsman and more.