Update Your KYC Details
Banks need to periodically update customer identification documents in their records of account holders to adhere to the Know Your Customer (“KYC”) guidelines issued by the regulator. In this regard, the customers are required to undergo Re-KYC and submit relevant documents in respect to all holders duly self-attested:
List of documents
- Identity proof: Valid passport
- Address proof: Click here to open the list of accepted documents
- Non-residential status proof:
- Valid Visa/ Work Permit/Residence Permit – applicable for Indian passport holder
- Overseas Citizen of India (OCI)/ Person of Indian Origin (PIO) card - applicable for persons holding passport issued by country other than India.
In case OCI/PIO card is not available then a self-declaration (click here) with document evidencing India connect.
- Customer Information Updation Form: Click here (duly signed by all the holders) – not required if documents submitted through Internet banking.
- FATCA/ CRS declaration: If there is a change in current residing country, along with Re-KYC form and documents with respect to FATCA/ CRS declaration is mandatory.
- PAN or Form 60: In case PAN not held currently/ not applicable as annual income in India is nil or less than the threshold limit of Rs 2.50 lakh then click here for Form 60
The customer may submit the documents through any of the following modes:
A. Internet Banking: Log in to Internet Banking at icicibank.com/nri and submit online.
Path: Internet Banking > Customer Service > Service Requests > Bank Accounts > Request for updation of Re-KYC or click here
Not active in Internet Banking? The customer can activate his/her Internet Banking User ID and Password instantly by entering the required details Click here.
Instructions for updating Re-KYC through Internet Banking:
- Attach file in pdf/jpeg/jpg/png formats only.
- Length of file name should not exceed 31 characters.
- The file name should not have any special characters.
- Size of file on each page should not exceed the upper limit mentioned in the below table, for respective account combination (Single/Joint). (Size in KB)
|Type of document||Single||Account with one joint holder||Account with two joint holders|
|Primary holder||Primary holder||Joint holder 1||Primary holder||Joint holder 1||Joint holder 2|
|Visa / NRI status proof||1100||850||800||600||550||550|
|Blood Relationship proof||1000||800||500||250||250||250|
B. Registered E-mail ID: Send scan copies of the duly filled and signed Customer Information Updation Form with self-attested copies of the KYC documents to email@example.com .
C. At Branch: Submit the documents in person to the nearest ICICI Bank branch in India.
D. Direct Request: Dispatch the documents directly at the following address in India:
All photocopies of the documents/proofs must be self-attested (self-signed) by the respective document holder and additionally certified by any one of the following:
- Authorised officials of overseas branches of Scheduled Commercial Banks registered in India
- Branches of overseas banks with whom Indian banks have relationships,
- Notary Public abroad,
- Court Magistrate,
- Indian Embassy/Consulate General in the country where the non-resident customer resides.
ICICI Bank Towers
NRICPC, 6th floor, A-Wing, Autumn Estate,
Opp. MHADA, Near Chandivali Studio;
Andheri-East, Mumbai – 400 072, India.
In case you require any further information, you may write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our Customer Care.