Popular Questions FAQ's
In which countries is Money2India available? Which currencies are supported?
Money2India service facilitates money transfers to India from 7 countries and currencies as listed below :
North America: USA (USD), Canada (CAD)
Europe: UK (GBP)
Asia: Singapore (SGD), Australia (AUD), UAE (AED)
How secure are my transactions on Money2India?
Money2India employs a range of state-of -the art security features for the service
- Firewall (virtual electronic fence that prevents unauthorized access to the ICICI Bank server)
- 128 bit Secure Socket Layer (Security technology that ensures all information exchanged is confidential.)
We recommend you not to share your Money2India details with anyone.
Do I need to be an ICICI Bank customer to use the Money2India services?
Money2India service can be availed from 7 countries and enables any bank to any bank transfers. The services can be availed by :
- Any individual for money transfer to India
- Business entities to send money for Business Purposes (Currently available for USA only).
Neither you nor your beneficiary needs to be an ICICI Bank customer for availing the service.
I want to check the banking holidays in India?
You can check the list of holidays in India by clicking on the link https://www.icicibank.com/nri-banking/RHStemp/holiday.page?.
What are these different types of Recipients?
If you are registered as an Individual, you will see 3 radio buttons while adding a recipient as:
- Individual – Select this when you want to send money to your family, pay for purchase house property or pay for personal expenses from the available list of purposes.
- Business – Select this when you want to send money to the Business entities in India for business activity as denoted by available list of purposes.
- Non-Individual – Select this when you want to Donate or Pay to a registered beneficiary
If you are registered as a Business, you will see 2 radio buttons while adding a recipient as:
- Individual – Select this when you are making payment to a person for the underlying business activity
- Business – Select this when you are making payment to a Business entity for the underlying business activity