RBI guidelines on standardization of security features for cheque leaves, referred to as CTS-2010 are aimed at enhancing customer safety and facilitating easier processing of cheques. As per guidelines, non CTS-2010 cheques issued by bank in India will be withdrawn from circulation by March 31, 2013.
CTS -2010 standards cheque s issued have the following distinguishing features:
- The word "CTS – 2010" printed on the left side of your cheques near the perforation
- The branch address should be printed on the left side top corner
We would like to inform you that we have been issuing CTS-2010 compliant cheque books since April 2011. In-case the cheque book you currently have is not CTS-2010 compliant as per the above features we request you to immediately order a new cheque book. You can place an order for a cheque book by:
- Logging on to Internet Banking
- Calling our 24 hour Customer Care
- Visiting our nearest Branch
Please note that when you receive or issue a cheque, if it's not as per CTS-2010 standards, it may not be accepted from April 1, 2013 for clearing across banks in India.