NRI Remittance Premia Account FAQs
What is NRI Remittance Premia Account?
NRI Remittance Premia Account is a premium savings account packed with special offerings like our dedicated concierge programme and travel insurance cover. Additionally, the account gives access to features like personalised service, benefits for family in India, benefits on rates and charges etc.
What are the eligibility criteria for opening an NRI Remittance Premia Account?
You are eligible for the ICICI Bank NRI Remittance Premia account if you:
- Hold at least one NRE or NRO Savings Account, sole or joint account, with ICICI Bank and
- Min remittances of value USD 10, 000 equivalent or above from Money2India / Wire transfer during the financial year and subsequently remittances of USD 10,000 equivalent or above in each financial years
- Maintain a Monthly Average Balance of INR 5,00,000 at CASA level or INR 25,00,000 at Customer ID level.
CASA level: Cumulative minimum average balance in all Saving/Non-interest bearing accounts under same customer ID.
Customer ID level: Monthly average balance in NRE Savings/ Non interest bearing account + Monthly average balance in NRO Savings/ Non interest bearing account + Month end balance in Fixed deposit/s and Recurring deposit/s within the same customer ID.
How can I upgrade my account to NRI Premia? If so, will I get a new ATM-cum-Debit Card when I become an NRI Premia customer?
To become a Premia customer ,
If you already hold the requisite balances in your account, you can upgrade your account by placing a request at your nearest ICICI Bank branch or call our Customer Care.
If you don’t hold the requisite balances in your account , fund your account to ensure required balances and then, place the request at your nearest ICICI Bank branch or call our Customer Care.
You have an option to continue with the existing card or alternatively the new ICICI Bank World Debit Card will be sent to you on your specific request only. You can apply for the ICICI Bank World Debit Card through any of the following ways:
- Call our Customer Care
- Place a request through your Internet banking account
- Walk into any ICICI Bank branch in India and submit your request
I have a relationship with ICICI Bank of more than Rs. 25,00,000 but I do not hold any savings account account with the Bank. Am I eligible for an NRI Remittance Premia Account?
- Call our Customer Care
- Walk into any ICICI Bank branch in India and submit your request.
What is the daily withdrawal limit of the ICICI Bank World Debit Card that I will get?
As an NRI Premia customer, you will get an ICICI Bank World Debit Card with a daily cash withdrawal limit of Rs. 100,000 from any ATM across India. You will also get a daily point-of-sale (POS) limit of Rs. 200,000 for purchases through the Card. The cash withdrawal and POS limits are subject to the availability of funds in your account.
How to register for 3D secure password?
To register for 3D Secure click here.
What happens if I forget my 3D Secure password?
You can re-register and create a new password by logging on to clickhere. If you forget your 3D Secure password when making an online purchase, you can quickly reset your password by clicking on the “Forgot your 3D Secure Password” link in the payment authentication screen during the purchase.
Can I use my debit cards linked to NRE and NRO account for online transaction?
Yes debit cards linked to NRE and NRO account are enabled for online transaction. However debit cards linked to NRO accounts can be used only for domestic online transactions initiated on merchant website(s) based in India
Please note Silver debit card linked to NRO account is not enabled for online transactions.
What are the insurance benefits extended to an NRI Premia customer?
- Personal air accident coverage worth Rs. 10,000,000
- Coverage upto Rs.25,000 in the event of loss of checked-in baggage in India and upto Rs10,000 for loss of passport in India.
- Coverage upto Rs. 1,00,000 against accident hospitalization in India
- Coverage upto Rs. 1,00,000 for travel to India in case of medical emergency arising on immediate family members
Should I apply for the insurance cover separately or do I get enrolled for it automatically?
Is ICICI Bank the insurance provider for the indicated travel insurance cover?
What is the process for insurance claims?
Alternatively, the customer can also write to:
4th Floor, Interface 11,
Malad Link Road,
Mumbai – 400 064.
On receiving the customer request, ICICI Lombard will intimate the customer on the documents required and on the claim process.
What is the benefit on remittances done through Money2India?
I am not registered on Money2India.com. How will I get the benefit?
I am already registered on Money2India.com and have a Money2India.com login ID but I have still received a mail with the promo code, asking me to register on Money2India.com to get the preferential rate benefit. What should I do?
Am I required to sign any declaration before signing for the product?
What is ICICI Bank NRI Family Banking?
Which accounts are eligible to be grouped under the NRI Family ID?
Can two Savings Accounts be linked under a NRI Family ID?
What are the services that concierge can help me with?
We offer a range of services. These are listed below:
- Dining Referral and Reservation Assistance
- Hotel Referral and Reservation Assistance
- Airline / Car Transfer/ Rail Reservation
- Airport Lounge Access
- Flower and Gift Delivery Assistance
- Golf Course Referral and Reservation Assistance
- Special Events and Performance Assistance
- Spa, Fitness Center and Sports Center Information and Referral Assistance
How to avail concierge services?
Concierge is a complimentary service available to only NRI Premia customers. Contact at +91 11 40608652 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
What if I am not able to make a remittance of $10000?
On completion of 1 year,we will check if
If incase any of the criteria is not fulfilled, then your account shall be re-graded to Regular Savings account. Post re-grading you will have to maintain balance as required for Regular Savings Account. World debit card linked to your account shall be hot listed and a new Silver debit card shall be issued