- Deposit Money
- You can deposit cash to your m-pesa account multiple times. Visit your nearest authorized m-pesa agent and request to deposit money. The m-pesa agent will update the system and you will instantly receive a confirmation on SMS. After receiving the SMS please hand over m-pesa agent the amount to be deposited.
- Withdraw Cash
- Registered m-pesa Customers - Dial *400# >> Select Withdraw >> Enter m-pesa agent number >> Enter Amount >> Enter PIN >> Enter 1 to confirm
- Non m-pesa Customers - You will receive an SMS along with details of the transaction and a voucher code. The m-pesa agent will facilitate the withdrawal request from his handset after verifying your proof of identity, mobile number and the withdrawal code. Please note, no fees would be charged to you for this withdrawal.
- Prepaid Recharge
- Your Vodafone Number - Dial *400# >> Select Prepaid Recharge >> Select Self >> Enter Amount >> Enter PIN >> Enter 1 to confirm >> Confirmation by SMS
- Any Other Number Dial - Dial *400# >> Select Prepaid Recharge >> Select Others >> Select provider >> Enter Mobile Number >> Enter Amount >> Enter PIN >> Enter 1 to confirm >> Confirmation by SMS
- DTH Recharge - Dial *400# >> Select DTH >> Select operator >> Enter Subscription ID >> Enter Amount >> Enter PIN >> Enter 1 to confirm
- Transfer Funds
- Send money to any mobile number - Dial *400# >> Select send money >> Select send money to mobile number >> Enter mobile number >> Enter amount >> Enter pin >> Enter 1 to confirm
- Send money to any bank account - Dial *400# >> Select send money >> Select send money to bank account >> Enter account holder name >> Enter account number >> Enter 1 to confirm account number >> Enter IFSC code >> Enter Amount >> Enter pin >> Enter 1 to confirm. Transaction will be credited to the beneficiary account as per the NEFT cycle.
- Pay Bills
- Postpaid Bill payment of your Vodafone Number - Dial *400# >> Select Bill Payment >> Select PostPaid >> Select Self >> Enter Amount >> Enter PIN >>Enter 1 to confirm >> Confirmation by SMS
- Any other Number - Dial *400# >> Select Bill Payment >> Select PostPaid >> Select Others >> Enter Mobile Number >> Enter Amount >> Enter PIN >> Enter 1 to confirm >> Confirmation by SMS
- My Account
- View Account Balance - Dial *400# >> Select My Account >> Select Show Balance >> Enter PIN >> SMS showing Account balance received
- Call Support - Dial *400# >> Select My Account >> Select call support
- Change PIN - Dial *400# >> Select My Account >> Select Change PIN >> Enter Old PIN >> Enter New PIN >> Confirm New PIN >> Confirmation of PIN change by SMS
- Change of Language - Dial *400# >> Select My Account >> Select Change Language >> Select Language >> Enter 1 to confirm >> Confirmation of language change by SMS
ICICI Bank and VMPL(Vodafone mPesa Limited), a Vodafone group company, jointly present "m-pesa" a mobile money transfer service for Vodafone subscribers. On applying for m-pesa, customers get a mobile wallet issued by VMPL called "VMPL Wallet" and also a Mobile Money Account with ICICI Bank. The Wallet and the Mobile Money account are completely inter-operable and the customers have an option to transfer money into the Mobile Money account.
Currently m-pesa services are available PAN India. Vodafone customers can directly dial 55400 from any Vodafone number 24/7 for any issues.
- Safe and secure - Every transaction is initiated from an active Vodafone mobile number and using a confidential PIN.
- Simple to use - All the instructions are carried out through simple messages. The menu for the transactions can be accessed by dialing *400#. (No internet connection, GPRS or a smart phone required to access your account) OR by dialing 55400 from your registered Vodafone mobile number
- Saves time - No more standing in long queues, rushing during working hours for your banking transactions or traveling long distances for depositing or withdrawing money.
- No cash- You already carry your phone with you everywhere, now also carry your money on it and get freedom from carrying cash/credit/debit cards.
- Convenient - It's as convenient as sending an SMS
How to register
- Vodafone customers need to visit m-pesa authorized Agents. The m-pesa agent would provide you with an account opening form.
- Fill the account opening form and submit supporting KYC documents to the m-pesa agent.
- Pay a minimum initial amount of Rs. 200 of which Rs. 100 will be deducted as a one - time account activation fee and remaining would be credited to your account as balance.
- After a primary validation of KYC documents by the m-pesa agent, your m-pesa account will be activated and your KYC documents will undergo further verification by ICICI Bank.
- Once your account is activated by an agent you can avail features like bill payments, mobile recharge.
- After successful verification of KYC documents you can access all the features offered by m-pesa.
|Transaction amount slab (in Rs.)||Money transfer to bank (IMPS/ NEFT) (in Rs.)||Money transfer to Non-M-Pesa mobile number (in Rs.)||Money transfer to another M-Pesa account through assisted channel (in Rs.)||Cash withdrawal from M-Pesa account (in Rs.)|
|Type of Transaction||Limit||m-pesa|
|Mobile Wallet Only |
|Mobile Wallet and Mobile Money Account |
|Fund Transfer (per transaction)||Min||1||1|
|Fund Transfer (Daily)||Max||20,000||25,000|
|Fund Transfer (Monthly)||Max||20,000||25,000|
|Prepaid Recharge (Per Transaction)||Min||10||10|
|Prepaid Recharge (Daily)||Max||10,000||10,000|
|M-Pesa account Balance||Min||0||0|
|Send Money to Unregistered customer(daily)||Max||Not allowed||10,000|
|Send Money to Registered M-Pesa customer||Max||20,000||25,000|
|Deposit in M-Pesa account at agent location(per transaction)||Max||20,000||26,000|
|Deposit in M-Pesa account at agent location(daily)||Max||20,000||50,000|
Please click the below list to view the terms and conditions or grievance redressal for m-pesa
Explore the power of simpler and smarter banking. Bank online with over 250 services
Bank on the go with our Mobile Banking services. Download app or use SMS
Pockets by ICICI Bank
VISA powered Universal payment wallet. Download today
Bank 24/7 through a widespread network of over 4,850 branches and 14,164 ATMs