Project Finance is one of the key focus areas for ICICI Bank. The Project Finance Group has institutionalized capabilities to successfully manage the unique and multidimensional process of project finance transactions led by customized project structuring approach.
The group has been the sole lead arranger and underwriter of a significant amount of project debt over the years. In the Indian project finance domain, the group enjoys a leadership position and is acknowledged for its comprehensive domain expertise and knowledge in the infrastructure, manufacturing and mining sectors, having ensured timely financial closure of several big ticket projects.
A brief overview of the major sectors covered by the group is given below:
- Power: ICICI Bank is the first Indian bank to finance large hydro-power projects and has been the lead arranger towards funding of a number of thermal power plants being set-up by large infrastructure developers.
- Roads: The Infrastructure sector is a priority for the Bank. The group has ensured the Bank's participation as lead arranger for a number of road projects and has financed the first project for modernizing state border check posts.
- Ports / Airports: ICICI Bank has provided assistance to a number of container & liquid port terminals. The Bank has been credited for being a lead arranger for the first private sector greenfield international airport.
- Manufacturing & Mining: The funding requirements of large brown field expansions and green field projects in the manufacturing sector viz. Steel, Aluminium, Cement, Auto, and Hotels have been arranged by the group. In the mining sector, Bank has provided financial assistance to several large conglomerates for overseas mine acquisitions and has funded capex requirements of local miners.
- Oil & Gas: ICICI Bank is credited with being a lead arranger for one of the largest refineries in the country and has financed the first oil securitization deal in the country. Additionally, funding of gas pipeline projects remains a key area for bank.
The project finance team of ICICI Bank has also played a key role in assisting the Government of India in formulating policies relating to various segments of the infrastructure sector. This helps ICICI Bank to provide optimum solutions to its clients with an appropriate decision support for strategic measures in future.
PFG provide a wide range of services including the following:
- Rupee term loans
- Foreign currency term loans
- External Commercial Borrowings
- Export Credit Agency backed long term debt
- Lines of credit from different multilateral institutions
- Non fund based facilities like Letter of Credit, Bank Guarantee, Supplier’s Credit, Buyer’s Credit etc.
- Subordinated debt and mezzanine financing
Please drop in your queries at the mail id email@example.com or contact at 022-2653 7510.
Cash Management Services
We offer a full range of services to meet your complex cash management needs
Global Trade Services
Trade services to meet your financing needs
Multiple variants of current accounts to suit your requirements
Innovative FX services for all your unique requirements.